Due on August 3rd...

Ah I see they stopped it in hospitals over here a few years back as far as I know but you can have one at home if you want! I hope you get to have one so, I can't imagine it would be nice if you were told they were all in use!

That's a good plan, don't rule anything out!! From what I hear every persons experience is different everytime. God this must be the start of the thinking about labour stage is it?? :haha:

Oh right! Where about's are you then? We do have the option of home births as well here, but my DH really wasn't happy with the idea in case there were any complications, and I think it would just be reassuring to be at the hospital with this being my first time.

And yep, it looks like we've started thinking about it! :dohh: I'm blaming you :haha: :winkwink:
I think I'll try happily pushing it to the back of my mind again soon, for the next 10 weeks or so at least :thumbup: Before I start really considering how painful it's going to be!

Yea defo too early to be thinking about that, lets just enjoy the finding out of the sex situation for a while :thumbup:

In Ireland, yea I feel the same, just that bit more piece of mind having the professionals around, also I'd be a bit weird about having my baby in my house, I'm sure some love the idea which is fine but I have cream carpets :tease::tease:

I wanted my OH to be the first too but it ended up being my best friends bc we were at breakfast and I was just too excited as it was my first time feeling it for the first time too so I made them feel haha!! At first, with OH she/he would always stop kicking too. When he did finally feel it he didn't seem to interested where as my friends were squealing lol!! I don't have a feeling either way actually and I sooo wish I did!!! At first I felt like it was a boy, but now I kinda feel like its a girl. I call it a she, it feels weird saying "he" soo hopefully that's a sign ;)

That's very true actually, after all the suspense it will probably end up with my DH just saying "that's nice" or something else equally unexciting! :dohh:

I didn't have a feeling at all either way before the scan, other than - same as you - that I had been calling the baby "he" ever since we had the first scan and I had no idea why. As you can see, I now know that I am team pink.... so turned out that didn't work for me! But fingers crossed for you! :thumbup:

In Ireland, yea I feel the same, just that bit more piece of mind having the professionals around, also I'd be a bit weird about having my baby in my house, I'm sure some love the idea which is fine but I have cream carpets :tease::tease:

:haha: Good point, worrying about the carpets in the middle of trying to give birth does not sound brilliantly appealing. Neither does trying to make sure the dogs didn't jump into the birthing pool to be honest!

Congrats Princess J on team blue :) x x Went to the funeral and had such a good night sleep as been up last 2 nights, my back and body feel so achy now x x

Gosh I've missed so much of this thread lol Welcome kissesandhugs x x

Glad to hear the funeral went ok and you slept well WinterKage... hopefully you'll start to feel a bit better soon. Have you got any nice plans for this weekend?

Also just wondering whether anyone saw the John Bishop sport relief program last night?

Hope you're all having a nice day and looking forward to the weekend! :flower:

I didn't see it bump on the brian i was :sleep: but I got how John Bishop is my OH's hero when he came to bed and then a blow by blow account this morning!! Sounds like he did really well!!

I didn't see it bump on the brian i was :sleep: but I got how John Bishop is my OH's hero when he came to bed and then a blow by blow account this morning!! Sounds like he did really well!!

:haha: Yeah he is definitely my DH's hero now too. To be fair he really did do amazingly to keep going and get it finished!

The thing that really got me though as well was when he went to a children's hospital in Sierra Leone; in the background you could hear a woman literally screaming in anguish because her child had just died, and honestly the sound was horrendous. I've ended up thinking about it a few times since so was just wondering whether anyone else had picked up on it.

`morning girlies :)
how are you all today? 21 weeks today! i crnt believe it was a week when we was all onabout turning the half way mark only seems yesterday, the weeks need to carry on flying past and we will all have our little ones with us :) i wonder who will give birth first out of us hehe xx

`morning girlies :)
how are you all today? 21 weeks today! i crnt believe it was a week when we was all onabout turning the half way mark only seems yesterday, the weeks need to carry on flying past and we will all have our little ones with us :) i wonder who will give birth first out of us hehe xx

Morning! :hi:

I'm well thanks, how are you? I can't believe another week has gone by already either, I was saying that to my DH last night. This time last week I was a nervous wreck! :dohh:

Hi all

Happy 21 weeks to us all!!!

I have just booked up this morning to have a 4d scan on the 28th April, I'm so excited! Anyone else having one?

Yey for bananas! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

PrincessJ

i no its flown by :)

i wanted to go for a 4d scan PrincessJ but other half said he isnt paying for one when we will see him in 19 weeks, tight arse! i am still trying to get my own way tho!! it will be amazing!! xx

Haven't really thought about one yet... but maybe half way between this one and due date.

Ladies can I ask a quick question, when you guys first started feeling kicks (I know I was a bit later than some) did you feel them alot then all the time, just I started feeling them before the weekend and they were quite obvious kicks and a good few a day, but since Tuesday I feel I'm gone back to the not sure if it was the baby and maybe only had that feeling 4-5 altogether times in the last 3 days

Aww I missed all the good programs yesterday- got to catch up with the soaps! lol x Yay 21 weeks, its gone amazingly fast hasn't it? x x Aww i can't have a 4d scan either as i've got another scan tommorow afternoon as got these students testing on me (thought it be nice as they asked if i could so they could do some training) then I've got scans at 24 weeks/28 weeks/32 weeks and 36 weeks (growth scans coz of high blood pressure) x My OH is thinking all these scans are expensive as to get pictures its like £5 for 3 at our hospital! :wacko:

I feel like i'm a stock taker today ladies, just rummaging through Blaises old clothes doing a tally chart of what I have so I can see what i will need and not need to get. I will update when i have done my list, hopefully it wont take me all morning :dohh: x x

cmtcmt- I find its quite on and off when mine first started and they are now quite regular, but i'm sure yours will get more regular, you never know your baby may be more active at night when your asleep, i know with Blaise I didn't really feel much during day but if i couldn't sleep at night i could then find him kicking away x x

Thanks WinterKage - that's what I was thinking, but you know urself I've kinda been waiting on a boot in the belly and when it doesn't come gets a lil worring, I may have felt more at the weekend too becoz I'd be sitting around abit more than during the week too

My kicking was exactly the same to start with cmtcmt, for the first couple of weeks after feeling a definite kick I would feel pretty much nothing one day and then a couple the next. It's taken about 3 weeks to progress to feeling quite a lot each day, and even then if I'm busy I won't notice them anywhere near as much, so that could definitely be why you felt more over the weekend. On the days were I felt next to nothing it used to play on my mind, but everything was absolutely fine and it soon progresses to plenty of kicks in the bladder :haha: so try not to worry :flow:

As for the 4d scan, after I had my 20 week scan I started to think that I would quite like one, because it would be a chance to see the LO without other things playing on my mind at the same time so I could enjoy it more. But, my DH is really not keen as he thinks you can find out too much before the LO is here. Also, the cost is an issue considering how much stuff we have to buy over the next few months! If I saw one on offer or something then maybe I would have a chance of convincing him... but otherwise no scan for me either!

Thanks Bump on Brain - It really is great to be able to ask others who have/ are experiencing the same isn't it!! I must keep note of all these so if I go back for No.2 I can chill the eff out :haha:

Lol I don't think we stop worrying ever. I mean i'm a bit worried myself as I went to a funeral yesturday and my mum didn't really want me to go as she thought I may get traumatised me being pregnant and stuff and tbh i didnt really think of that but because she said that it has worried me a bit (I went to church and reception but not to the cemetary bit) so i think for a week i'll be on my guard but hopefully after i'll be able to relaz and enjoy the pregnancy x

And i've completed my checklist. From what I could find I have:

Vests

Newborn = 9
0-3 = 30
3-6 = 17
6-9 = 3

Babygros

Newborn = 5
0-3 = 12
3-6 = 8
6-9 = 1

Romper suit

0-3 = 5
3-6 = 2

tops

0-3 = 4
3-6 = 5
6-9 = 4

jumpers/cardigans

0-3 = 4
3-6 = 2
6-9 = 2

trousers/dungarees

0-3 = 3
3-6 = 5
6-9 = 6

So for now at least I don't have to buy much vests as loads of them in the small sizes x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->