Due on August 3rd...

Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday just back to work this morning.

Yesterday went great, healthy girl on board :pink: we're soo delighted :happydance::happydance:

We weren't in the scan for long maybe 10 mins and she couldn't really get a good pic, she gave us three photo's to take away and you cant really make out the baby in any of them. She said it was whatever way the little baby was lying she couldn't get a good view and that she was only really concerned about doing her measurements.

When I came home I looked at my notes and it said "Scan View - Restricted due to raised BMI" :nope::nope: - now Im a size uk12 in all my jeans and would have been a 10 on top but now a 12-14 due to bump and boobs!! I was actually shocked / devastated when I read it... the best way to describe the scan is blurly.

I'm just abit confused, does this mean that anyone over size 12 (UK) never gets to see their scan properly

Hi PrincessJ, Just read your post...delighted you got your kicks, such a relief isnt it, feels great!! :flower:

Yay been waiting for your update. Congrats on team pink hun :) x x Not it was if that's the case as I'm over size 12 and it was nice and clear. The only thing was that I hadn't drank much water so wasn't as clear as it could have been x x

Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday just back to work this morning.

Yesterday went great, healthy girl on board :pink: we're soo delighted :happydance::happydance:

We weren't in the scan for long maybe 10 mins and she couldn't really get a good pic, she gave us three photo's to take away and you cant really make out the baby in any of them. She said it was whatever way the little baby was lying she couldn't get a good view and that she was only really concerned about doing her measurements.

When I came home I looked at my notes and it said "Scan View - Restricted due to raised BMI" :nope::nope: - now Im a size uk12 in all my jeans and would have been a 10 on top but now a 12-14 due to bump and boobs!! I was actually shocked / devastated when I read it... the best way to describe the scan is blurly.

I'm just abit confused, does this mean that anyone over size 12 (UK) never gets to see their scan properly

Yay :happydance: I'm glad to hear that everything was healthy and that you were able to find out what team you were on. That's an exact 50/50 split on pink and blue now then... :thumbup: just waiting for kissesandhugs to swing us one way or another :winkwink:

I'd say that we were only in the scan for about 10-15 minutes as well and according to my sonographer 10 minutes is about normal, it's just that my LO wasn't co-operating! So I'm sure she will have had enough time to check everything.

I'm genuinely stunned by what she's said about the BMI though, you don't sound big at all. And you managed to get a good picture at your earlier scan right? I don't have any useful advice sorry, but hopefully someone is able to give you some answers :hugs:

Thanks WinterKage - I'm gona walk my a*s of over the next two weeks and go get a private one, I just got such a fright :blush:

Big congrats PrincessJ on feeling the baby kick! It really is such an amazing feeling :cloud9:

I've finally had my appointment through and am starting physio on Friday for my SPD so will let you know whether that turns out to be worthwhile or not. Fingers crossed!

I hope you feel a bit better soon :flower:

Our updated list... :happydance: :thumbup: :happydance:

BethCharlotte - :blue:

bump.on.brain - :pink:

cmtcmt - :pink:

Kippenhok - :blue:

kissesandhugs - :yellow:

PrincessJ - :blue:

WinterKage - :pink:

And only 128 days to go!! :yipee: :wohoo:

Lol aww don't worry hun x I burst out laughing the other day when I had students testing on me because the sonographer said to them they may need to change the freqency as bmi is a bit raised, when they did that it became really unclear and they couldn't see much so the sonographer said oh its the normal frequency then and that worked perfectly so i had a big smile on my face :) x x

Bump.on.Brain- that's really good news hun, hope the physio improves it for you x

Aww wow so far its equal on team blue and team pink that's amazing x I wonder what kissesandhugs will be x x

What are your plans for the day?

I want to drop by my midwifes and get them to fill in my healthy start vouchers form thing as keep forgetting, go to surestart playgroup and pay for a wildlife day trip thats in 2 weeks and possibly get some sandals for Blaise seeing as he doesn't have any and its getting warm now. My conversation with my hubby this morning on the phone was Me: I need to get Blaise sandals. Him: What? Did you not just go shopping on monday with your friend and her little boy to get shoes? Me: Yeah I got shoes in style of converses and slip on shoes but I didn't get sandals? Him: Why not? What did she get? Me: She got her little boy sandals Him: So why didn't you? Me: Because I didn't want them at the time and now I do Him: Arrgh Me: By the way when you're home later can you take me shopping for the sandals?

I then put the phone down as knew he would start to moan :) x x

:haha: Hilarious - sounds like the kind of thing I'd do, I love winding my hubby up :winkwink:

I'm taking it reasonably easy to day, got my Mum and her partner coming round later when my DH is home from work to help us fix a leaking gutter at our house, but other than that I'm having major trouble being productive today.

Quick question by the way... The last couple of days I've been having occasional stitch-like pains in my abdomen, a couple of times really quite sharp. I'm just wondering whether anyone else has had anything like this? I'm putting it down to ligament/growing pains at the moment...

Bump on Brain - I've had the exact same thing 3 or 4 times in the last week or so

Yeah I do get those as well sometimes but didn't know what they are. I do find that my legs get quite achy if I walk around a lot too x x

I can't believe they put high BMI on your form when you are a 12! I am a size 22 (uk) and they didn't even mention it once either to my face or on the form and the view wasn't restricted at all! sounds like she was just finding an excuse for not getting a good view. My scan took 25 mins and she said that's how long it would take, 10 mins is very quick! I didn't mind though as I got to look at baby on screen for longer!

Congratulations anyway cmtcmt, excellent that bubba is healthy. Hope everyone is well today. x

Oooh, if you've only just started getting them recently too cmtcmt then maybe they are growing pains. With a few of us experiencing them I'm definitely not going to worry about them :thumbup: It's lovely to be able to chat to people going through things at the same time :flow:

Over the last week though, as much as I have always been looking forward to having a bump and am loving what I have so far... it has started to occur to me just how awkward things are going to be when it gets that bit bigger. I've already managed to shut a cupboard door on it twice in the last week :dohh: :haha:

Thanks PrincessJ, In a way I suppose its good I've been for 2 walks since but in another way its weird I'm still in size 12 jeans and some jeans I got back in August I'm still wearing now so I havnt gained a massive amount since!
I rang a private scan clinic near by and they said they should get a clear pic no prob, oh and my 11 week scan was perfectly clear also! :shrug:

Anyhoo hopefully the walking will do the trick!

Yep bump on brain I'd say that's what it is :) mines feels low down near the hip on the rhs!

Thanks PrincessJ, In a way I suppose its good I've been for 2 walks since but in another way its weird I'm still in size 12 jeans and some jeans I got back in August I'm still wearing now so I havnt gained a massive amount since!
I rang a private scan clinic near by and they said they should get a clear pic no prob, oh and my 11 week scan was perfectly clear also! :shrug:

Anyhoo hopefully the walking will do the trick!

Yep bump on brain I'd say that's what it is :) mines feels low down near the hip on the rhs!

As PrincessJ said, I definitely think that unfortunately you have just had a sonographer who couldn't be bothered getting the clear pictures for you. The main thing is you managed to get all of the measurements of course, but it's still not fair. :growlmad: Are you planning on going for a private scan now then too?

Definitely don't go getting a complex about your weight and letting it ruin things for you though, you sound perfectly healthy. We have to expect to gain weight - we're over half way there now don't forget (just had to get that in, :haha:)- and unlike you there's no way I would be fitting into the jeans I was wearing pre-pregnancy! I have no idea what my weight gain has been as I don't own any scales but I'm trying to eat reasonably healthy - getting my fruit, veg, protein etc but also giving in to some cravings - and other than that am just trusting my body that if I feel hungry I need food. As long as our little ones and us are healthy then for now that's all that matters :thumbup: I'll worry about shifting any pounds when I'm out walking my little girl every day :happydance:

Congrats cmtcmt on your pink bundle!!!!!! So exciting to finally know I bet!!! I'm sure the u/s tech could have done something to make it more clear for you :(

2 more days until I find out ladies, can't wait!! Mean dream last night though-I had a dream that my friends mom had an ultrasound machine at her house so we went to go find out what I was having. Well, the second we saw the face (it was perfectly clear) we said oh that's definitely a boy!! then we did a potty shot and we said "NOPE it's definitely a girl!!" then for some reason we had to take a break but wanted to do it again bc we still weren't 100% sure if it was boy or girl. RIGHT before we went to find out for sure, I WOKE UP!!! OMG how mean is that?!? lol. Oh well, 2 more sleeps!

I've been getting the pain too, I definitely think it's growing pains I was worried yesterday as it hurt quite a bit.

Just working today :wacko: hoping it's a busy day just to get through the week!

that dream made me laugh- its strange what our bodys are being like! im sure you will be able to find out in 2 days time if your on pink or blue team :) only just over two weeks till we reach our V-Day :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->