Due towards end of January 2009

:rofl: thanks for the reassurance everyone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's either stay in here or sleep in my car and it's a Smart car so there's not much room... DP says it's gone... I'm on the inside of the bed so at least it'll eat him first...
(I'm convinced it's a pregnant woman seeking rat!)
xxx

LOL, Helen, definitely like father like son. That is sooooo cute (the baby I mean not the daddy, although he's not too bad either.)

Ohh dear Elm, it's a sign. Time to vacate the boat. I'm sure ratty would do you no harm but still a bit gross, you don't know what it could be getting in amongst in the night.

Still no word on the house, it's driving me nuts and I can't get any work done. They have now said we may not find out until tomorrow!!!!!!

Yay! We got the house and can move in on October 11th. I am soooooo chuffed. They called while I was at lunch with my mother in law just half an hour ago. Speaking of my mother in law, she bought us an outfit for the baby and both OH and I think it is ugly but of course at the time I said I loved it. Should we come clean and get the receipt so we can exchange it or should we just keep it? If I had said so at the time I don't think she would have cared but now she will just think that I lied to her. Oh well, maybe baby will just have to where it once and then we can hide it somewhere and say she grew out of it.

:yipee::wohoo::yipee::wohoo:
Yay Biscuit that's great news, that house is so gorgeous!

I have been given some rather dodgy looking baby clothes by various family members recently, my tactic is to keep them for emergencies when I haven't been bothered to get all the washing done - because I kow that's going to happen! I'll probably have to parade poor Pip in some of them from time to time, but babies need changing so often I won't keep the poor little thing in them for long - that's my plan anyway!

Hope you got rid of ratty Elm :rofl:

And Helen I love the pics, I think he has his eyes!

Congrats on the house biscuit!! :D

Helen, those pics are so cute too.

Well had a very adventurous weekend, got the pram yesterday, i set it up, went out to hang the washing on the line to come back in and find OH marching it up and down the living room and them changing it from pram to pushchair mode lol. We've cleaned the nursary out too, and as i have a day off im meeting OH for lunch and we're going to get all the paint so i can come home and start decorating :) Sat down and worked out what baby things we have for each age as such to realise what actually looks alot is no where near enough lol.

OH's mum and I went shopping on Saturday, called in at ASDA and there was there baby and toddler event on, so she bought me some bits out of there, got a breast pump, sterliser and 2 johnsons boxs. Going to go back mid week with OH to get some more bits i wanted that were also on offer.

We have ordered all the nursery decor, and the moses basket already sorted the furniture too, so hopefully that will all turn up this week :)

I'll get some pics up of what we have got so far. Now we have bought the pram everything seems so more real to both of us, i never thought my OH would get into it as much as he is, he even sits and chats to bump in the mornings and when he gets home from work.

How is everyone doing? Anyone else encountering sleepless nights as you can't get comfy? I got up needing the loo sat night, came back to find OH had nicked my pregnancy pillow, leg over it arms round it and i couldn't get a look in lol.

Oh and Elm, i do hope you have got rid of mr squeaky thing!!

xxx

Wow Laura - you're super organised! What buggy have you bought - I keep looking and looking and can't decide on one!

I've got my next scan tomorrow ladies - keep your fingers crossed my cervix hasn't shrunk anymore or they'll operate and I don't want them to I'm so scared I'm going to lose my little Pip

Ooooooo I am soooo excited about my new house! Now I can really start planning the nursery. I had thought that I might put off completing the nursery until my mum gets over here in February so she can really get involved and feel a part of it, as she will have missed my whole pregnancy. I don't suppose baby will really need a big cot straight away. What do you think? I am just not sure I will be able to hold myself back for that long!

I've got the mamas and papas pilko pramette in Balmain. Got it on a bargain deal, if it wasn't on offer it would of cost £400 for everything and we got it for £199... the changing bag alone was £55.... OH couldn't believe it.

This is the pram :)

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-pliko-balmain/187293200/type-i/

I'm keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow lulu...

xxx

Don't worry Lulu, everything will be OK. I will be thinking good thoughts for you. I'm sure even if they do have to operate that things will go really well, they will have done it a million times and won't want to put little Pip at any huge risk.

I can't believe how organised Laura is either! I haven't even thought of half the stuff you have already.

This is so cool having other people online at the same time as me. I'm usually all by myself here because of the big time difference.

Nice pram Laura, good choice. Did you get all the accessories too?

Lol, I have had lists since about week 16 of everything but after my 20 week scan my OH said to me we'll start doing the nursery, i dont think he was planning on it happening this quickly.

Biscuit, it is a lovely idea to involve you mum, you could always keep lil'un in with you in a moses basket etc until she comes over in Feb!? And instead of buying all the nursery things, start buying all the other lil bits and pieces you will need.

Nice pram Laura, good choice. Did you get all the accessories too?

Yup i got all the accesories for it :) Also they are going to get me a parasol too, and throw it in for me when it arrives :) We've also got the matching car seat to pick up aswell! :)

Sweet! How much fun is shopping for baby stuff. I have had a friend offer to lend me quite a few wee bits and bobs but that would just spoil all my fun.

I know what you mean, one of my mates has offered me everything but i have in my mind what i want so i would rather get that, plus i know if we have another lil un that the things we've bought will last :)

Exactly. We plan to have more than one so we may aswell have our own stuff. Plus my mother in law and OH's granny and my folks are keen to buy us some bigger things so it hopefully won't cost us too much.

Laura, does your pram have toddler seat that you can attach later when you have your second baby?

Nope, I think it lil boo isn't old enough not to go in a pushchair i'll look to get one of those i-candy apples... where you can convert it to a pear i think it is lol.

I love this, would love them to do a double version, its so easy to push, change about, fold up and open out etc.

i've got my fingers and toes crossed for your scan lulu, your being looked after and i'm sure everything will go fine for you.
i've had a few things given to me baby clothes look worse when they've been shoved in a bag for a while but once washed and ironed they get better, i only kept thwe really nice stuff from next and pumpkin patch anyway lol

really glad you got your house Biscuit, its beautiful as well...

i officially have no kitchen and everything is packed away, what a malarki i tell thee lol.
electricians coming tonight and plasterer wknd coming then the wknd after kitchen fitted so only 2 weeks upsside down, beans on toast all round...

Elm: hope you got rid, Craig would tell me that it would of gone too, did you really buy it lol, i had rat and mice in my stable, and it chewed up through the concrete floor and through a thick plastic dustbin to keep taking food lol apparently they don't often come to the party on their own they bring the family too:rofl::rofl::rofl:
only joking they are more scared of you so they'll soon go never to return:ban::ban::ban:honest....

i was just thinking Biscuit you live in Tasmania is there such things as them TASMANIAN DEVILS cos Elm is scared of a little teenie weenie mouse, you must petrified of one of those coming to visit:rofl::rofl: think yourself lucky Elm you could have one of those rocking the boat at night:rofl::rofl:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"