Due towards end of January 2009

Oh no Helen :cry: at least you'll get a shiny new car to play with!

Thanks Lulu, I had a relxing weekend, just the usual housework. DH comes home from Alberta tomorrow and I'm soo excited. I have to pick him up from the airport tomorrow morning at 6. The only thing dampening my happiness is that uterine doppler u/s I have to get done at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. Damn hcg levels too high.

Oh honey, I feel for you. I hope everything goes alright tomorrow afternoon. I'll be thinking of you, let us know how you get on. at least you'll have your OH there for support xx

i keep singing bye bye betty bye bye bettyyyy betty bye bye lalalala la la la la laa laa lol

good luck michelle, these babies sure knwo how to worry us don't they, luckily apart from the sickness late on and a few bouts of fainting i've been fine
xx

also lol, does anyone wake up and think their bump is getting bigger and bigger by the day lol, (i know they are)
i wake up every morning with this bump thats so hard and round, i keep thinking ohno its going to get really big and i've got to get it out lol. i have been through it before as well.

i've forgotten think how hard babies limbs are lol, i think i thought i was going to carry a jelly fish or something softer lol

Yes I do - mine seems to be getting harder by the day. But i'm quite proud now of my bump it's nice and round and quite neat looking. I'm staying away from my sister she barely looks like she's put on an ounce lol!

i just know i'm going to end up massive,
i was tiny with rosie as she was breech till 36 weeks, and i put on just under a stone, i'm getting through tons of bio oil and palmers cocoa butter, and anything else i can get my hands on, i was lucky last itme got a few stretch marks but they were under my belly button so i can wear a bikini but i don't want them to creep up any further lol
i wouldnt care though if they did as long as bubba is healthy whats a few stretch marks, still don't want anymore though lol
x

I know - I keep forgetting to use my cocoa butter. I keep hoping that God will be kind to me and i'll take after my Mum who put on 3 stone with me and my sister and hasn't got a single stretch mark!

Here's a bump picture it's from last week and I think i've got bigger since then!

Attachments

• bump5months.jpg
    bump5months.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
awwww what a cute bump,
gonna get my cam out and take one,

i thought i was going to get away with it with rosie got all mine last 3 weeks when she turned her feet and hands were at the front bum down then she turned and i just expanded didnt have one till week or two before she was born and as i didnt gain hardly any weight i thought i was ok, but i look like a road map now lol, i even got one on the inside of my knee with water retention lol, my mum hasnt got one either hmmmmmm think its one of those things,

i got them on my boobs and i only went upto a b cup last time, some girls have boob jobs up a few cup sizes and don't get one. i'm a dd already but lucky not to have got any more.
i slap loads on twice a day, i hate it getting on my hands and clothes but i learnt they just come out the blue, i'm lucky craig likes mine and we been together so long now i don't think he notices anyway.

he did say last night i look like i've got an ewok stuck to my errmmmm 'flower' lol when i got out the bath
my hair just won't stop growing think i need a trim lol i never look lol even my eyebrows look thick and they're blonde haha

hmmm I know I'll be making sure all my lady parts are looking nice and trim for my internal scan tomorrow

:wave: hello everyone, I haven't been eaten alive. You've been busy on here today, I started reading pages ago and my poor brain has probably forgotten loads since then.

Hope your scan goes really well tomorrow LuluBee, hope your cervix is doing what it's supposed to. That's a goregeous bump you've got going on there.

Those prams look lovely - I like seeing other peoples but I really don't want one.

I've just started reading 'Diaper Free Baby' or something like that, it's really interesting. It's based on the fact that babies don't like soiling themselves and give off signs when they are going to, if you're looking for the signs you can save mess, money and stress later on by putting them on a potty / toilet. It says that in the first few weeks we train babies to use nappies and then have train them not to later on (that's my interpretation of what I read anyway!).

It's a really good book so far, it's not saying you have to do things and you can do the nappy thing as much as you want (so it might be just when you're at home / once a day before their bath or something). Don't know if it'll work but think I'll be giving it a go.

:hugs: xxx

Hi Elm, glad you're still here and haven't been gotten by ratty! Thanks for your message, I'm hoping things will be ok. I've spent the past couple of weeks worrying about whether to have the stitch if it's offered - as it can cause miscarriage in 2% of cases, but the more I think about it the more I think that if they recommend it then I'll bite the bullet and hvae the op. My friend's little boy was born at 28 weeks and has severe autism, is paralysed and has cerebal palsy and I just can't bear to think that could happen to Pip, I think if they recommend the stitch then the risk of miscarriage from the op has got to be less than the risk of me miscarrying or going into premature labour in a few weeks time. I want to give Pip every chance to develop properly inside mummy's tummy - does that make sense?

Hey all - your prams are all sooo cute xx I havn't gotten round to choosing mine yet - have seen loads that i like, but just can't decide! I need one that is not too heavy and that will collapse nicely to fit in my car boot - rather small car!

Lulu, best of luck for your scan tomorrow xx Hope all goes well for you hunnie xx

Hugs to you all xx

Hi Elm, glad you're still here and haven't been gotten by ratty! Thanks for your message, I'm hoping things will be ok. I've spent the past couple of weeks worrying about whether to have the stitch if it's offered - as it can cause miscarriage in 2% of cases, but the more I think about it the more I think that if they recommend it then I'll bite the bullet and hvae the op. My friend's little boy was born at 28 weeks and has severe autism, is paralysed and has cerebal palsy and I just can't bear to think that could happen to Pip, I think if they recommend the stitch then the risk of miscarriage from the op has got to be less than the risk of me miscarrying or going into premature labour in a few weeks time. I want to give Pip every chance to develop properly inside mummy's tummy - does that make sense?

That makes perfect sense Lulu. Give him as much time in there as he can get. I am sure they wouldn't recommend something that would put him at too much risk.

Just popping on to say i'm thinking of you today lulu!!

xxxx

yep, good luck today lulu, you'll be fine, let us know how you get on.
xx

hope your scan went fine lulu,
i came home from work early got no sleep last noght and been having bad strecthing pains all day, and my tummy is rock hard, and this little man is doing somersaults by the feel of it making me feel sick an making me jump.
anyway went to mothercare for a suport pillow on the way home to see if it will help couldnt find it so asked the lady, i was following her to the section and me being the luckiest person NOT when it comes to being clumsy slipped on spilt water went arse over tit and landed in the stacked baskets, got my arm stuck, the woman was mortified couldnt apologise enough tried to get me a chair and was really nice about it. trust me to slip in a frigging teaspoon of water lol, think she was worried i'd sue lol. my pride was hurt more though i think. som i come home pj's on and i'm goingt to rest.. no more dramam today thank you

I hope your still resting Helen!! How are you feeling now? Was there no wet floor sign either?

I'm getting a bit worried about lulu, what time was her scan?

God i hate stretchmarks.... i seem to have got a massive bate of them, no matter how much cream i'm rubbing it they are still coming, what makes it worse, is my camera really highlights them... if i'm brave enough i'll upload a pic lol.

I picked my moses basket up yesterday, i love it, i never thought i could fall in love with a basket lol. All of our nursery things are mothercares my little silver aeroplane range :)

xxx

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're ok Helen, make sure you get some rest! Know what you mean abut nursery things Laura, my moses basket came this morning along with Pip's little sleepingbag etc. They are so cute!

Well my scan wasn't great, but I was beginning to worry it was a lot worse. They really scared me by calling for my notes and calling in a couple of midwives and some other random woman to look at everything - I was trying to hold back the tears by then. My cervix has shrunk another few millimeters and is now about 1.8cm long. It's shrunk by over a centimetre in the past month, if it carries on like that there'll be nothing left in a few weeks time. So to cut a long story short, I'm seeing the consultant in the morning but everyone who was in the room said they thought that I would have to have a stitch put in.

I'm really scared and worried and can't stop crying I love my little Pip so much I couldn't bear it if anything happened to him. But the success rate for the operation is quite good, and lots of women who have it get close to carrying their babies full term. I think if I can just get Pip past 28/30 weeks I'll be happy. I'm so scared

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->