Due towards end of January 2009

Aww hunni, my heart really goes out to you. But like you said earlier, they wouldn't offer you the stitch if they thought the risks were too high etc.

I would really hate to be in your situation, keep your chin up hun... i'm here if you need someone to chat to.

Oh Lulu...sorry that the scan wasn't exactly what you had hoped. But on the brighter side, you have options and these people know what theyre doing and I'm sure wouldnt put PIp at any undue risk. I'm sure you'll be fine, not to undermine your fear. I realize that until lil Pip is safe in your arms you'll worry about how he's doing. I feel the same way. I'm off to my scan now, then have a 2 hr drive to get back home so I'll post tonight. Take care ladies. Sending hugs and love your way Lulu!

Thanks Michelle, hope everything goes well with your scan. Will be thinking of you, let us know how you get :hugs:

:hug: Lulu :hug:

I am thinking of you lots and lots!! xxxx

Good luck at your scan Michelle!!

Love you all!
xoxoxo

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're ok Helen, make sure you get some rest! Know what you mean abut nursery things Laura, my moses basket came this morning along with Pip's little sleepingbag etc. They are so cute!

Well my scan wasn't great, but I was beginning to worry it was a lot worse. They really scared me by calling for my notes and calling in a couple of midwives and some other random woman to look at everything - I was trying to hold back the tears by then. My cervix has shrunk another few millimeters and is now about 1.8cm long. It's shrunk by over a centimetre in the past month, if it carries on like that there'll be nothing left in a few weeks time. So to cut a long story short, I'm seeing the consultant in the morning but everyone who was in the room said they thought that I would have to have a stitch put in.

I'm really scared and worried and can't stop crying I love my little Pip so much I couldn't bear it if anything happened to him. But the success rate for the operation is quite good, and lots of women who have it get close to carrying their babies full term. I think if I can just get Pip past 28/30 weeks I'll be happy. I'm so scared

:hug::hugs::hug:

i can't imagine how your feeling i'd be scared of losing my little man too if i was you, so its no good me saying don't worry as obviously anyone would and thats perfectly normal.

but you got to to be positive your in the best hands and your not the first person to get a stitchn if it comes to that tomorrow. and they have your best intrests at the foremost and little pips, and they obviously have a close eye on you and not going to let anything happen to you and pip, just carry on doing whatever your doing, resting and not overdoing it.
keep eating healthy etc...

loadsa hugs

i ben resting think i hurt my wrist a bit, can't believe i'm such a clown, there werent any signs down either cos you could hardly se thewater on the floor, but they should have signs up saying don't let children run around with water.

Thank you ladies for ll your lovely messages it's so nice to know that I have you girls here to chat to and share things with. I'm not feeling that great this evening so probably won't post anythig more on here tonight, but thank you so much all of you it really does help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lulu, I second what the other ladies have said - i really am sorry about your scan results - try to remain positive and i'm sure your little pip will be safe and secure in his mummy - by the way, a friend of mine had to have a surgical stitch and all was well - she cattied till 34 weeks xx

:hugs: Lulubee, I hope your consultant is really understanding and helpful. It's great that they're monitoring you so they can take all the precautions they can to help you and Pip. Will be thinking about you again tomorrow, so sorry you're having to go through all this :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and lots of love xxx

Helen, I hope you're ok. I'd write a letter of complaint to Mothercare at least expressing your concern about the lack of sign, you could mention how lovely the member of staff was but that her concern shouldn't have been necessary.

:hug: everyone x

:hugs: Lulubee, I hope your consultant is really understanding and helpful. It's great that they're monitoring you so they can take all the precautions they can to help you and Pip. Will be thinking about you again tomorrow, so sorry you're having to go through all this :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and lots of love xxx

Helen, I hope you're ok. I'd write a letter of complaint to Mothercare at least expressing your concern about the lack of sign, you could mention how lovely the member of staff was but that her concern shouldn't have been necessary.

:hug: everyone x

do you think i should?, i felt a right clown lol, to land in the flipping basket holder thing as well lol, i'm not very good at complaining though. just glad i didnt fall forward and land on my little laddie, my bump is really tender today as well, think he's having a change of position and a growth spurt i think, can't wait try the pregnancy pillow out,
x

Definitely!!! If there was a spill on the floor they should have put signs up and got it cleaned up straight away - they must have had loads of staff about and they've got cameras everywhere so you'd expect them to be on top of it. You could have landed differently and if they're not more vigilent then it could happen to someone else and might be worse next time.

How was your scan Michelle?

Hope you're not worrying too much LuluBee xxxxxx

Hi ladies, first of all don't feel like a clown Helen. That fall could have been much worse and it wasnt your fault. I'm sure a letter from you , like Elm said, would caution them to be more watchful. After all, it is a maternity store...pregnant ladies walk in and out all the time.
My scan went pretty good as far as I can tell. The sonographer didnt tell me a whole lot, she was pretty vague about the doppler testing. I guess they leave all that to the doc. But she did say that everythig looks good, LO weighs a pound now and was quite active during the scan. I see my doc on the 25th so hopefully, he will be able to tell me why the hcg level is so high.DH was there with me and was quite chuffed to see his little boy's "boy parts". Thanks for your well wishes and concerns ladies.
We're thinking of you Lulu...take good care and get lots of rest tonight. *HUGS*
Thinking of you Lu

Glad your scan went well Michelle :hugs: Chicken was 14 oz when I had my scan.

Thought I'd share Chickens extensive shoe collection with you, just posted it in my journal. I only bought 4 of the pairs and they were different. There's only a couple of pairs that look worn though.

Attachments

• chickens shoes.jpg
    chickens shoes.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 5
those shoes are soooo cute,
its going to be strange buying boys things lol, no hair bobbles ribbons oh and the best bit no glitter, play make up either lol, just trains, trucks and footballs lol
glad your scan went good michelle, i never asked the weight but he feels like he weighs a ton already, rosie was 7lb 5oz so this one is bound to be bigger eeeek.

oh ye word of warning....don't you tube chidbirth i nearly fainted at some of the videos,
they were horrific granted they were dated but none the less really bad. so i won't be doing that again
xx

That shoe collection is awesome Elm! Yes, I got a picture and will try to post it tomorrow, I'm not very tech savvy but I'll give it a whirl. Oh Helen, I made that mistake of looking at births on utube also, that wasnt very glamorous! I thought I would need therapy to recover from the shock. I know what you mean about baby weighing a ton, I was kinda dissapointed that she didnt say "ohhhh, about 4 lbs now" Hubby said "when is he gonna start gaining weight??" Easy to know who has to lug this LO around all the time.

Michelle, glad your scan went well, like the others say, get a piccy up :)

Elm.... my lil uns got a shoe collection like that too lol... its ace!!

Well nursery is all painted now, my freeze should be turning up today so when we've put that up this evening i will post piccys for you all to see :) I was sat there painting last night annoying my OH and SIL with look doesn't it look so cute lol.... Now the nurserys started being done it all seems so much more real :)

Hi Everyone,

I've seen the conultant this morning and she recommended that we go ahead and have the cervical stitiches put in. She said we could wait another week and have another scan, but it was clear that the cervix is shortening and it would only get worse over time. If we left it another week it could be too short to get the stitches in at all. So we felt like we really had no choice but to book in for the stitches and hope for the best. If we don't have them now my cervix will keep shortening and Pip might last until 24 weeks (if we were lucky) but certainly not much past that. At least now he has a chance of getting to term, there is obviously a chance of miscarriage with the surgery but the risk is less than if we just left nature to take its course.
I'm going into hospital on Friday morning for the op and should be home later that day, I very worried for my little Pip but just am trying not think about it now, what will be will be and i'm very glad we pushed for those scans in the first place.
Thanks again for all your support and lovely messages they mean a lot to me and Matt :hugs:

awww hun you must be really upset, i think your doing the right thing having the stitch put in,
i'd do the same.
will they give you steroids or anything to help him mature?
loadsa loadsa love n hugs your way. i'm sure everything will go fine for you.
xx

guess what girls we all go up a box in the next few days...

i wrote a letter to mothercare the shop and their head office. so we'll see, i wouldnt have done it cos i'm too soft but its like michelle said it could happen to someone else if they don't watch what they're doing. and like my oh Craig said i could have been holding our son and that doesnt bear thinking about, hope they put signs up or get rid of the cooler, wh in the right mind puts a water cooler on marble floor.

just been reading some threads, some people on this site are really strongly opinionated not in a good way either....
hope everyones good bubba has been good today and the stretching pains are easing i'm going to have a massive baby i can feel it i m water lol
xx

oh and just one ore thing lol, i know its early but if anyone likes charity xmas cards you might like these,they are really good qulity and cheap as chips lol

https://www.epilepsyresearch.org.uk/support_us/Xmas.htm

some of you know rosie has epilepsy from being born, has been seizure free 6 months so hopefully it hold off now.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"