Due towards end of January 2009

Oh Elm...crib is a card/board game that hubby is totally addicted to. He plays every morning with his coffee. I have to get up before him to check in with BnB. And yeah, he'll play whenever he gets up..even in the wee hours if he can't sleep!! Need help much??!

I'm sure Lulu is taking it easy tonight and her man is busy looking after her and making sure everything is ok. Hope she makes it on here soon to tell us it all went well.

Sounds like a good way to get your brain going in the morning Michelle :)

What have I missed? Im sucha bad January girl member.

hope everyones having a good wknd bout to start my first set of booties lol, heck knows what they'll turn out like. had a lovely night at my mums she made me lovely risotto and salad, then we went shopping this morning to the local indoor market.
glad your back beltane was going ot come and find you lol hope the lo is ok, what are they going to do to moniter his heart or will they do it when he arrives.
michelle, good question where Dudley is lol as i don't know how to explain lol, i used to live in Nottinghamshire till 3 yrs ago, not far from Robin Hood lived lol really foresty and countryside i grew up in a small village inthe middle of nowhere 3 pubs, 1 school, post office, grocers, butchers, newsagent shop, and 4 churches lol.
Dudley is near Birmingham the west side of England not far from Wales lol

i'm in between Elm and Lulubee they may be able to explain better lol like i say my geography is rubbis, thnk goodness for sat nav's.

i'll take some before and after piccies of the kitchen.
xx

Has anyone heard anything from LuluBee? Getting more worried about her now. Hope everything is ok.

Beltane, I got was invaded by a mouse rat - think it's gone now. Don't think I've done anything else!!!

Sounds like a lovely day Helen, thanks again for the patterns. Your a bit down from me!!! :hugs: xxxx

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I did get Matt to send an update from the internet on my hospital bed, but doesn't look like it came up. Anyway, I got home a few hours ago, they decided to keep me in over night just to make sure everything was alright.
We're hoping the operation was a success but it was very difficult, when the surgeon came to put the stitches in my cervix was actually a lot shorter than they thought from the scans. The front of it was just under 1cm and the back had practically disappeared, there was only a couple of millimetres left so it was very tricky to stitch up - but they did manage to do it. Just keeping our fingers crossed that it holds, but am very glad we got it done as there's no way we'd have lasted more than another week as it was. Have had a bit of bleeding but nothing too heavy so I'm trying not to get too stressed about it. Just need to rest up now and keep clear of infection and keep fingers crossed the stitches hold.
Sorry couldn't get on earleir have only been home a couple of hours and am trying to lie down as much as poss. Thanks again for everything and love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm also getting worried about lulu, she said matt would come on and keep us updated.... I hope everything is ok....

How are you booties going Helen?

Is anyone else experiencing sleepless nights? I'm getting too bloody hot, can't get comfy and seem to have a baby that likes being awake at night and sleep during the day lol.

Been to Asda agin today as there toddler and baby week ends tomorrow and everything was further reduced so MIL bought me some more bits and pieces :) Microwave serilisor for £7.50, 6 Pack of closer to nature bottles for £7.50, tommee tippee nappie wrapper £7.50, refils for the wrapper £7.0 and another johnsons box for £7.50.

My OH is standing here taking the mick out of us girlies too for getting excited and telling each other what we've bought etc... also said its kinda cute.

Looks like most of us have moved up to the next box to... how exciting :D

Hope everyone is well too :)
xxx

Lulu.... glad to see your back :) Was getting worried!!

Keep resting aswell.... glad to hear they think the op was a success... do what the docs say and keep your feet up!!

xxxx

awww lulu must be so frightening for you, glad your keeping good spirits, and they got the stitch in which is the main thing for you, so keep resting must be boring hope you got some good crosswords etc and at least x factors on tonight...

my booties havent started yet still studying te pattern,

Elm i'm having a bash at the blue bootie, mitts and hat the ones with the 2 buttons on lol if you know which ones i mean then i'll try a cardigan i got some 4ply baby wool from wilko's 79p a ball 1 white 1 pale blue if i feel adventerous may out a blue band at the bottom of a cardigan.

woo hoo i went up a box lol thanx laura, that means you'll go up one tomorrow as well Elm.
i've just been laughing at how many times i say lol in my messages hehe....
xxx

So happy that you're home and resting Lulu...I hope everything goes as planned from here on in. A very good decision to have the op done at this time since your cervix was shorter than anticipated. Stay rested and try not to get too bored.
Have fun knitting Helen, Ive been sewing up a storm here, little bibs and blankets and jammies. I miss my knitting though *hmmm thinking of a little white cardi now* Nottinghamshire sounds so lovely! I am such a country girl. I'll have to google Dudley to get a better mental picture.
I have taken pics of my scan pics, (no scanner) so I'll try to post it later. We're invited to a little party tonight, I'd rather not go since I'm so lazy these days, but OH really wants to, so will make an effort. Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing weekend.

So glad you're home Lulu - keep rested and i'm sure you will be fine and pip will stay snug inside mummy for plenty of time yet xx such a relief to hear you are ok xx

Hope everyone is well - seriously thinking about turning my hand to knitting - not sure id be very good though! hmmmm

Lots of love xx

Lulu :hugs: so glad you're back home and they managed to get the stitch in. Make sure you get loads of rest won't you? Thank you for coming on and letting us know how you are xxxxx

Helen, my DP printed all the patterns off for me but he's chopped the end off them all. I'll go through tomorrow and write the missing bits in. I want to do loads of them - don't know where to start. Haven't got any 4 ply at the moment, Wilko wool sounds like a bargain!!

Looking forwards to seeing your LO Michelle, you do realise that you must now post pictures of all your wonderful sewing as well don't you?! :)

xxx

hey ladies,

Lulu - I am now your stalker, I have officially posted here, your 2nd Tri thread and your FB status. I am so happy you are doing well and trying not to stress and that would probably not do you any good. Will you have a check up soon to back sure things will hold tight? Thinking of you everyday!!

Elm and Helen you productive little ladies!!

Chris and I got the first coat of the nursery done just about 5 minutes ago andit looks fantastic. It was a really nice bonding experience...barely any arguments :rofl:...and while I took breaks I read this parenting book that made both of us a lot more confident about what to do as so far we were going into this whole baby thing blind. :rofl: :dohh: I will post pictures once the whole thing is done. Have a BBQ to get ready for.

Love you all, rest, relax and stay healthy!!

Jaylene

Can't wait to see the room Jaylene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest Up LuLu!!!! Sending healing vibes your way!

i'm going to give the knitting a good bash tomorrow while craigs watching the footy,
i've got size 8 and 10 needles, well my mum got them as i didnt know wich ones i needed, the shorter the better apparently for knitting baby items....
i've told george (his nickname for now) if mummy manages to pull this knitting off that has to promise to wear them till he goes to school hehe.

been thinking about breast feeding was so not going to bother but now i am definetly going to give it a good crack, its just the going out into public and him crying and i'll have nowhere to go with out flopping myself out, daft i know cos theres ways of getting around it and its just a confidebce thing.
craigs going to put me a nice rocking chair in the nursery so i can retreat if i want to be alone, i'm gong to loads of reading up and join the local breast feeding club. and if it doesnt work out i'm not going to feel depressed about it. rosie was perfectly healthy child well when it came to coughs colds etc...

is anyone else thinking about how they going to feed or is it me just being paranoid about it
xx

16+2, 20+1 and 22+1, just posted these in my journal - my bump is growing!!!
https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/elm31/Bump1-1-1.jpghttps://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/elm31/Bump204ii.jpghttps://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/elm31/Bump221-1.jpg

Think I told you Helen that I'll be using a sling for feeding - when I'm out and about anyway. I'll be able to hide everything with the sling so avoid having anyone staring at me and being creepy or anything!!! You can feed hands free using a sling too which sounds very useful (can knit & feed!!!).

Hope you have a good barbecue Jaylene and everyone else is having a good weekend. I'm waiting for DP so I can go to bed, he's got to sort the bed out so I can get in it!

xxx

Wow! It just took me about 30 minutes to catch up on everything. It seems ages since I posted but I am sure it is only a few days. Our internet gave up and we have only just mange dot get back online :hissy:.

Lulu - so glad you had your stitches done in time and I am thinking of you and pip, wishing you all the best. Sorry I wasn't around to offer my support with everyone else over the past week.

Sounds like everyone else is pretty much knitting and eating, right? Good to know there are no other major dramas gong on.

Things are really good here, we move on October the 11th so are very excited about that. Might even get some new furniture. Went to see a private obstetrician on Friday, so we can get booked into the private hospital, and that went really well. We got to see our wee girl again and got a pretty convincing view of her nether regions this time. We are still unsure about whether to go private or public as the private will obviously cost us a little bit but it means we will definitely get our own room where OH can stay over too and we can stay in the hospital for longer. But much of the cost seems to be for the obstetrician who is great but I don't really feel like I need him at all. Plus he admitted that at the birth he will probably stand in the corner and do nothing! So what's the point? The doctor even said to us it just depends if we want to share a room with some scrag or not! Can't believe he said that, although it was pretty funny. If I was at home in the UK I wouldn't even consider a private hospital but the system is quite different here. Thing is, if the baby and I are healthy then there is no reason we shouldn't head home after a couple of days so I'm not sure I really mind sharing if I have to just for that long. Sorry to ramble on, it seems like a big decision and we have to make it pretty soon.

Any thoughts?

:rofl: I'm eating and nearly knitting!!! Knackered today. We've been out at a steam railway thing - my DPs dad was driving a special train on a special bit of line (?! it was an old train that travelled for quite a while and took us to where we started, it was a very pretty journey) then DPs mum took us out for lunch. It's been a really nice day but had to get up early and I hadn't slept much so I'm really, really tired now - I've got no stamina!!!

biscuit - do you have to stay in hospital for a few days? Don't know what the policy over there is but think they like to get you out as soon as they can over here - think it's normally the next day at the latest if there aren't any problems. I think Lu said that in Ireland they hope to get you out after 6 hours if everything has gone well. I think if I have to have my baby in hospital I'm going to be wanting to leave asap. I don't think I'd mind sharing a room too much - there are probably huge wards here that you have to share with loads of mothers and crying babies!!!

If it's important to you to have your own room go for it but if it's really expensive and you can cope without it maybe plan what to spend your money on instead because then it's like you have extra money and can do something lovely with it!!!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->