Due towards end of January 2009

ye i did go for a tiddle straight after lunch lol, een doing a stock take at work so i didnt have my usual 11am snack lol
xx

https://www.bounty.com/Good_Luckmum/Sainsburys.aspx

there's the Sainsburys thing.

That's probably it then. She should have done an iron test or something shouldn't she? x

Hiya Girls,

Welcome Hyponorm, tell us a bit more about yourself.

Sounds like you lot are finding a lot of good bargains and freebies in the UK. Not so much on offer here, it's a pretty small place and a bit backwards in some ways.

Was it Jaylene who asked about birth plans a few pages back? I haven't got one written down yet but know that I want it to be drug free and totally natural if possible. I'll stay at home as long as possible. I have been listening to some hypnobirthing CDs and am learning some good relaxation techniques at yoga class. After that film the other day it just makes me even more determined to do this my way. OH was also really inspired by the film and now realises that he will really have to support me a lot. I even caught him crying during a few of the actual birth scenes. Pretty sure I will not be achieving any orgasms during the birth though, it's tough enough just now! I reckon squeezing a full term baby through my lady bits might not be much of a turn on!

I think having some relaxing music is a great idea Helen, I have no idea what I would choose so i am going to have to do some research. Let me know if you have any good suggestions, you being a piano player and all.

I am at work writing this and munching on some chocolate chip cookies, so have to be a bit sneaky. Not that my boss would bat an eyelid probably, such a nice bloke and my OH's best friend so it's pretty relaxed around here. Very hard to concentrate on actual work these days.

Wish I could get online when you guys are online, it's so annoying having to catch up every day and then wait until the next day for any replies or updates. What time (UK time, or Canada for Jaylene) are you guys usually on here?

By the way, I felt some much stronger kicks yesterday. It was soooo cool. I was standing in line at Taekwon-Do class and she was kicking me in the bladder as usual (that's her habit these days) and then she gave this great big wollop low down on my left side. I actually had my hand on my belly and I felt a decent thump on the outside and shouted out so everyone looked at me. So exciting. She did a few more times throughout the evening but OH still didn't manage to catch one. Then I dreamt about her kicking and moving a lot but OH could never get his hand on my belly in time to feel it. I also saw a movement for the first time. My wee girl is getting stronger! Also, my belly grew a huge amount just overnight on Sunday night. Woke up in the morning and it was big like a proper round pregnant belly, hehehe I love it!

So nice when you get those bigs wallops isnt it Biscuit?! So happy to hear from Lulu.
Helen gets a voucher from mothercare ...like you said, better than a kick in the teeth, and at least it can go towards something you need. As for Birthing plans, I dont really have one, I do believe I'm at the mercy of my doctors...lol. But I'm not opposed to an epidural if the pains get intolerable. Love the stuff you got off ebay Laura, I looove ebay and I had a box of newborn clothes arrive in the mail yesterday. The little sleepers are all so cute! Biscuit I'm in Canada as well as Jaylene and I usually am online anywhere from 7 am on. Back and forth between housework and computer.

i'm going to start my birth plan very soon i'm scared of putting obvious things down though, or it ending up being an essay lol.
i know i want every drug going lol i didnt get a medal for doing it natural with rosie lol and i just made myself so tired by saying no to an epidural i did myself no favours. i'll go for gas and air and pethidine early on then depending on progression, time of day and my pain tolerance i'll have an epidural.
when giving birth to rosie i ended up rolling around the bed out of control lol my head was upside down over the edge of the bed lol as soon as they sat me up i had her lol i think i pushed twice lol, looking back i think i did pretty well. i just hope its as good this time.
i also want rosie to be the next person after craig to see him, and on her own just the 3 of us to be our little family.
i've dropped a hint to the in-laws, and she ( the mil from hell) turned to rosie and said "i think we should all go in together don't you bab?" raarrrrrr i'm going to tell the receptionist anyway (she's my sil's mum). and i've told craig that his mum and dad have to come at visiting hours and rosie can come anytime so he'll have to fetch her. oooo the woman drives me mad.

oooo tae kwondo, the baby girl was trying to join in lol i did tae kwondo once lol was there half our with my best mate and i decided to mess about and kick her but i missed spun on my toe breaking it and landing awkward on my ankle breaking that too lol.
not all bad though as i met craig cos he took me out for lunch feeling sorry for me haha.
going to get andrew jonston cd he was a finalist in britains got talet show.
quite like enya, alanis morrisette is my fave singer in the whole wide world amen lol oh and i love leona lewis and shayne ward, you know what i watch on a sat night now lol
xx

Hi thanks for the welcome! this is baby No 2 as i have mu little boy, and this time they think it is a girl! we have chosen the name Robyn which my mum hates but she will have to get used to it.

I did a borth plan with Ewan but most of it went out of the windown so i am hoping for a home birth if posssible!

Hi ladies,

Nice to see you Hypnorm, you're due the same day as me, I've just had cervical sutures put in though to hold my LO in so I think he's going to make an early appearance!
Glad you got something from Mothercare Helen, I like the idea of a rocking chair.
I feel a bit of a wimp looking at all your birth plans! I've got to have mine in hospital because of the complications and I'm not allowed a water birth for the same reason. I was planning on having just gas and air or pethidine because the thought of the epidural needle scared me so much. But having had one of those now for my op I'm definitely doing the same for the birth, the anaesthetist told me he can do a mobile epidural that's not quite as strong as a full one so you can still move around and walk about, so that's what I'm planning.
Feeling quite organised today I've just ordered lots of practical things like room thermometer, baby monitor, breast pump etc from Mothercare :happydance:

scan went great !i am due on my birthday which is 26th of JAN so think my ticker is right.

pics are in second trimester ! WOOHOO baby is healthy. But still team yellow.

ok pic time i have to show everyone!

Attachments

• CCI30092008_00000resize.jpg
    CCI30092008_00000resize.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 5
  • CCI30092008_00001resize.jpg
    CCI30092008_00001resize.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 5
fab piccys dragonfly
glad your feeling more organised Lulu, you seem to have a good idea of a birth plan, being open minded is half the battle, the more i say no to something the more i end up caving in lol, thats why i dont diet lol
xx

What gorgeous pics Dragonfly - so glad you've been scanned and everything is ok with your LO :hugs: xxx

biscuit, sounds like you've got your birth plan and everything sorted. I think I said that I'd like a home birth so the drugs available are restricted, hoping to do it on gas & air and using a tens machine. I keep reading 'Labour Pain' and it says that your expectations influence how your birth goes so I'm trying to expect it to hardly hurt at all and for everything to be wonderful. Think that bit on music said that they did a study and women felt less pain (not during birth - some pain inducing thing) when they were listening to easy listening music... don't think I'll be listening to that though....

Hope your appointment goes really well tomorrow LuluBee xxx

I wouldn't worry about putting obvious things on your birth plan Helen, just stick everything down, you can always change it later.

hypnorm, I love the name Robyn it's gorgeous.
xxxxx

yes good luck tomorrow lulu.
hyponorm: lovely name i said that name before but it'd be rosie and robyn, like the kids programme,robyn and rosie from cockleshell bay lol i also like the name james but then they'd get called rosie and jim lol,
xx
i'm still liking george but craig don't like it, just likes it as a pet name

TODAY MY LITTLE MAN IS VIABLE!!!!! :D

Hope everything goes well today lulu xx

Hyponorm - I love that name.

Dragonfly - Gorgeous pics hun, i bet your really pleased :)

My midwife wants to do my birth plan with me after my antenatal classes, she said that way you get a better vision of whats available to you etc. I already have a few notes but we are going to do that together in 5 weeks time.

Had to go to the docs this afternoon, at work i came over all faint and could not cool down, i even resorted to sitting outside in the rain lol. So hes sending me for more blood tests to check for anemia and then a ECG on thursday to check that everything is working ok there... he said it could just be that the blood flow from the placenta isn't returning correctly, but they want to rule everything out first.... otherwise he said i will have to stay home from work and be signed off, something i dont really want to do. My blood pressure is still high so thats another thing hes going to keep a close eye on too.

Hope everyone else is ok? xxx

hope you feel better soon Laura, i can appreciate how crap feel when feeling faint i can stand up for about 20 mins and i go funny, i had palpatations a few weeks ago and had my bloods done but they came back fine hb was lower than before but not anemic. my blood pressure was normal as well so midwife didnt seem concerned just lucky i can sit down at workor i'd have to be signed off, i'm still throwing every morning like clock work too
xx

feeling crappy today and sick, think its coz i woke up with a headache and also Ewan woke up twice, i think the wind frightened him!
been sorting out all the baby clothes from Ewan and putting them in bags with the right sizes on. need to get the moses basket covers cleaned too. Far too organised!
Ewan has been moved in to the larger room which i think he loves!

Good luck at your appt Lulu. Sorry I havent been around much ladies. I've been busy trying to help my aunt pack up so she can move to another province. She has soo much stuff so we've decided on a moving sale. She let me have first pick of anything in the house so I now have a new dresser for baby Ben, a new couch and chairs, a beautiful ivory and jade inlaid cabinet and a sofa table!! woohooo! Hard work pays off. Sounds like everyone pretty much knows what they're doing or expecting during labour. I hope it all goes well for all of us. As Elm said, I think my due date is first on the list, but you cant go by my experience as this is my first pregnancy. Happy easy labour for us all!!!

congrats on 24 wks aswell laura,
i turn 24 weeks tomorrow eeek another milestone, not sure where the 24 week viable thing came and was dubious and a tad supertitious from what i've read, but hey ho everyone gets excited so i'm joining in toooo,

yayyy happy 24 weeks for the Jan girls lol
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back