Due towards end of January 2009

My bp is up again :( I thought it was ok as dad checked it two days ago and it was down but its the same as it was on monday. urine is clear now though. All I can do is Sigh here and feel crappy. Just a bit fed up today.

Im suffering on the sleep front too girls - dreadful, isn't it!

Hi girlies, seems like everyone is having trouble sleeping. I had docs appointment today and have to go back in 2 weeks, he said next visit he will do a swab for group B strep. That sounds yucky....does anyone know if this is painful? I know I'm not sposed to google...but I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Hope you're feeling better soon ill people :hugs: xxx

We don't get tested for Strep B over here Michelle but you can buy kits that you do yourself and post off to be tested so there can't be much involved to doing the swab if you can do it yourself? Sure it's not at all painful :hugs:

Just been to my second ante natal class - think we only get two. The mw running it was very nice but a bit disappointed that there are only two and haven't had all that much info. So glad I've got b&b :happydance:.

Having a pain around my pubic bone at the front that comes and goes - it hurts when I lift my legs? Strange!

:hug: xxx

I can actually feel the babys head when i move a certain way. I know that sounds weird and i dont mean with my hands i can feel sometihng like in my pelvis and when i stand up its heavy! i know the baby has moved down as i had a gap from pubes up and now there is no gap and i can feel it there.

I had the worse shooting pains in my lady bits yesterday! She is most def squashing her litle head down. Makes me wonder if shes engaging already? Don't have MW til Thurs so I'll need to wait to see.

Anyway I had a bad night and have earache and a headache now so I dd call in sick. Went food shopping yday and felt really dizzy half way through so I'll have a lazy weekend and try to recover by Monday for my last week at work :D

NOt long now, like everyone keeps saying to me but it wont come quick enough lol think this will be the longest of weeks now. cant wait to i get further on least i know the further on i am the safer it is for baby to arrive when it wants to. and i would lik eto skip past the worry.

That sounds like LO engaging Mandy - I was reading last night that you get shooting pains / like a vibrating buzz in your bits when you sit down (!) when the head engages & you can breathe better again :happydance:. You're 35 weeks and have 35 days to go :dance:!!!

I'm still loving pregnancy despite the pain, acid and sleeplessness!! Hope it lasts another month at least (I want to be really fed up towards the end so I don't mind labour so much!!!)

:hugs: xxx

Hello Ladies!!

Hope everyone is well and nearly all ready for the new arrivals?

Elm - those pains sound like the ones i'm having and i've been tld i've got SPD... may be worth mentioning it to the midwife and getting some physio to help you out a little bit?

I'm now on maternity leave, its amazing how much better i feel being able to chill out and relax alot more. I've put the xmas tree up now, and everything in the nursery is just about sorted!! :)

Boo's been getting very spoilt by my side of the family this week, even though hes not here yet.... My mum and I went the the disney store in Norwich yesterday and she bought his all of the 7 dwarfs.... James is going to put a shelf up and there going to sit there and keep really nice. Shes also started collecting the Mr Men books us, i nearly had a fit yesterday when i saw them priced at £2.99 a book... i'm sure they only used to be £1!!?? My dads bought him a my first steiff bear aswell as a normal full sized one which again is going to be keep all nice on a shelf, as they are collectable!! My sister has bought him a first money box from the disney store aswell as his first plate, bowl and cuttlery from there too :) My aunties also bought him a bouncer too.... he really is a very lucky boy! :D

All the old people form work did a nice collection for me, they said they would rather i had the money to buy things with and in total i got £185... bless the little oldies... so with that i've bought a rainforest swing for him, a rainforest jumperoo for when hes a bit older and then a high chair, another thing we dont have to worry about a few months down the line! :)

Last time i saw the midwife baby was 3/5's engaged.... got another appointment next thursday so wondering what hes up to now.... i can really tell his heads down now though as i get shooting pains in my lady bits, takes my breath away for a few seconds too...

Has anyone else started maternity leave yet?

Hope your all well too :)

xxx

https://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10051_138344_100_500020__category_

Laura, I remember seeing the Mr Men books for sale as a collection, remembered where and posted the link above if you're interested. It's nice buying them one a week but sure the box is loads cheaper - can't believe they're £2.99! My mum's still got all mine from when I had them!

Thanks for the SPD info - I'll ask next time I have an appointment. It comes and goes and I can put up with it for now.

Don't think I'll be getting anymore work til after LO arrives so I could put myself officially on mat. leave, wouldn't notice the difference at the moment though :rofl:

xxx

i forgot i ordered a hat with gold skulls and roses off ebay for baby,. I aint in to all that but its dad liked it and its not to bad looking. Long as he dont have it looking like the baby from the adams family that ok.lol I have my eye on one thats a bear hat , only £2 free delivery. Just waiting for money to go on my crappy pre paid card to buy it.

I feel slightly ingratful for thinking that i didnt want that matress that darens mum bought for the cot bed that has yet to arive, matress came today and its just a foam one. I wanted like a air spring cooling orthepedic system master thingy matress lol I aint saying nothing though but sort of wish i had a better matress now. This one is just ok bog standard saplings one. OK maybe i am ungrateful but i wanted a good matress for baby. I am sure a mattress is just a mattress. I cant wait to the cot bed comes though.

omg i have 50 days left! and i hope thats less than 50 but omg!

Hey all. Yes i'm on Mat leave now - am sooo pleased as my job (much as i love it) was exhausting me!

Elm, i have also been getting pains just like those you describes! xx

I've been looking the symptoms of SPD up and it looks like I've got it - least it's mild at the moment. Really glad you mentioned it Laura as it means I can try and stop it getting worse (I was swimming doing breast stroke every week and that can make it worse). I've found it's got worse since reading about it... don't know if I've given myself psychological SPD / I'm more aware of it / it's got worse!!!

It hurts when I walk now too but only when I put my feet down not the bit inbetween. It's worth a quick read about SPD baby D, it's not too scary like googling pre-eclampsia which I refuse to do ever!!! x

Hat sounds great dragonfly.

Hope everyone's had a lovely weekend xxx

I had spd about 2 months ago and i couldnt walk. It was horrible. had to use crutches. I was so bad at one point when i was going to be sick I couldnt get out of the bed and had to let it out on the floor. If i even got on the loo i had to get help getting up again. And I am double jointed and can always move no matter how ijured i am so for ones that arnt double jointed i feel so sorry for them as it was sore. Nice nice being immobile. I really hope it dosnt come back again.

Freaking out here as I have 4 presents to get and i dont have the money and by the time i will it will be to late to order them with the post! and i cant get out to get anything hense why i use the net. And these poeple have got me stuff and i cant not hand them something i feel really bad then. talk about pressure. i cant afford it i have shopping and bills all accounted for and darren gets paid to close to xmas to get them also and the rent needs paid and i am not paing that late as i think where behind anyway from last time. would be easier not to get them on the bank balance but my conscience just would be crushed. This is the bit i hate about xmas.

Elm, I would mention it to your midwife or the doc, when i went for my physio this week i got a nice booklet on how to help with postnatal and antenatal back and pelvic pain... it has loads of tips and exercises to do to help with it, and simple things such as getting in and out of bed etc...

They do assess you to see if there are any other ways to help relieve the pressure put on you, i now have a little step in my right shoe which helps alot, they just generally look at how your bones are aligned. I'm really glad I mentioned it as i've also had a bad back since about 9 weeks, and that turned out to be my lower back was locked into a position to the left, she unlocked that and so far i haven't had such a bad back and i have got better nights sleep.

It doesn't take much for the midwife to rng up and get youa a appointment, its deffo worth a try if there is any chance of you being more comfy etc :) xxx

Roll on xmas! and labour! i feel like i am sitting around to much waiting. I have everything sorted so nothing else i can do. Just feel a bit useless. :(

think i have spd again i found it hard to get up earlier with the pain in my pelvis, it happened in second tri only this wasnt as bad.

I'll definitely be telling my midwife, got an appointment next week. Won't go swimming this week as it was worse afterwards (despite not using my legs!!!).

Got pains all over the place. Still loving pregnancy though and am in no hurry to give birth just yet. Going to have to get a lot more organised though (still haven't got my hospital bag....!!!).

:hug: xxx

I'm ready to have this baby now. Fed up of being pregnant and uncomfortable. My SPD is getting worse and worse and it now feels like my pelvis is cracking in half :'( Sucks cos there's nothing you can do about it and you know its not gonna get any better until LO arrives.
Can't wait for this week to be over so I can sit around like a fat turkey until Amelie is born :D

Got antenatal class today which I'm really looking forward to. It's 'coping with your new baby' so I think it'll be really beneficial and interesting for myself and Stefan. Then I have 36wk MW tomorrow. Can't wait to find out if she's engaging (I think she is). Also Stefan has his driving test ;o Good luck to him I say! I really hope he passes, someone tried to steal his motorbike on Monday night and they cut a wire off (think they were trying to start it with no key) so now it's completely knackered and he has no transport. If he passes his Gran is buying him a car so fingers crossed! He might even be able to drive me to the hosp when I go into labour!

Oh and Elm, i still havent got my bag together :rofl:. I have a bag with Amelies clothes, nappies, cottonwool, breast pads and maternity pads but that's it! No clothes for me or anything >.< Better get my arse into gear!

i've not got a hosp bag sorted yet either! but still hoping for a home birth.
Have been looking in to flower remedies and other alternative stuff to help.
I have my Tens ordered and hubby says he will try and stay in the area as he works all over the UK, this morning he has left for the week he is working in Northampton and then up in East Kilbride! So he is going to stay with his brother and SIL for the weekend whilst he is up there, I could have gone but i would have had to drive my self up there!! and dont think i could have managed it in the car being this pregnant.
So its just me, Ewan and the dog for the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->