Duplo or Lego juniors

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
Ds2 has some duplo which he does play with (mainly just builds towers) but he also loves ds1 Lego. He can push the bricks together and likes playing with the little figures.
Am thinking of getting since Batman bits for Christmas but unsure whether to go for the duplo or skip straight to Lego junior. He plays with ds1s Lego more than his duplo but may be because he has no characters? If I go for the Lego he may struggle to actually make the sets but something both boys could do together and he would have his little figures to play with.
What would others do? Am leaning more towards the Lego junior as guessing looking long term! Just don't want him to be disappointed!

My ds2 will be 2 years 11 months at christmas and ive brought him the spiderman duplo. He too likes playing with Lego but I don't think he'd build an actual model by following instructions by himself. I'm also getting ds1 a box of Lego so ds2 can play with that instead of he wants to build something specifically out of Lego.

That's not to say your Lo wouldn't like the Lego, I guess it depends on the child?

My ds2 is the same age and He's getting Lego. He can't make it himself but tbh mine never made duplo sets themselves either. I know he prefers playing with Lego with big bro

We have a box of duplo and no one plays with it ATM

Am thinking may get a couple of sets as a joint gift. Something to do together Christmas day, ds1 can build and ds2 can play with the finished set

My girls prefer duplo. My eldest is a pro at lego, she got 3 of the disney princess castles last year and built them very quickly, but once they were built, they were never looked at again. We have a big box of duplo (basic blocks plus some sets, all together) and all 3 play with it. I think it is because you can make something pretty much straight away, rather than faffing about with little tiny pieces and taking forever to make anything substantial. We have a huge box of lego that has been played with twice since last christmas, and even at that, only for 15 minutes each time.
It would be duplo for me :)

my youngest is 4 but never really got into duplo he had jake sets and batman/superman sets. He's getting proper lego this year.
If you think your lo will be okay with it then i think it would be a better investment for long term.

DS plays with both. For his own creations he tends to use Duplo

But for following instructions and proper models he uses Lego.

I'd go with duplo or joint sets like you mentioned. Both mine play with duplo but the eldest is not interested in following instructions for lego.

Been playing with both this weekend, deff seem to be leaving towards Lego. Duplo being bashed, Lego (once I have made sets!) Actually being played with quite nicely apart from the odd decapitation :haha:

we also have a box of just plain bricks which is good as doesnt require instructions so could build towers etc.

I bought Lego Juniors last xmas for my then 3 year old and he still struggles now without help from me his dad or older brothers. It's because they actually have to follow instructions xxx

My son got Lego and Lego juniors for his 3rd birthday and he adored it, he followed the instructions with a little help and also build lots of new imaginative things. IMO the Lego Juniors is perfect for 3yos, not too many pieces. My son just turned 4 and has built several Lego sets unassisted since his birthday, but it's the things he creates himsrlf that make it so wonderful, the kits provide inspiration but they're only a starting point really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->