During Your Labour...

I was put straight into delivery when i got to the hospital both times as i was 10cm with Madi and 9cm with Zach. So i pretty much went in and pushed, so yeah, lol, they were in the room with me the whole time :haha:

I was 7cm by the time I got to the birth centre and the midwife never left my side :thumbup: xx

Hello newmummy :hugs:

Oh don't get me started on midwifes in the room lol.

I was induced in January. I arrived on the ward at 11.30 saw the midwife she popped in the pessary took some obs and off she went. I didn't see her again until 5 o clock and that was because i buzzed to say the contractions were coming thick and fast.

I was put on the monitor and told things were beginning to happen :dohh:

I didn't see another sole until 10pm again because i buzzed because i now didn't have a break in contractions. The midwife didn't even ask how i was she just started telling me off because my DH was still on the ward at he should of left at 8pm. My DH proceeded to shout " well someone has to look after her" After checking me over she said that the pessary had over stimulated me and she took it out.
I went to the labour ward around 1230ish. After getting myself sorted i had my waters broke at 1. The midwife was in and out the room and when i said i wanted to push 20 minutes later she told me not to be so dramatic and that she would go and get me a shot of pethidine. This i didn't want but off she went. As soon as she left i buzzed her back and started pushing my baby out, she made it just in time to catch the baby screaming at me to stop pushing :dohh:
Again i was told off lol.

All i can say is thank god it was my 4th. If it had been my first i would of been terrified :wacko:

I was on the drip so a midwife sat by me all day, writing a short novel on my progress. 15hours in total and I reckon I was on my own 45 mins of that.

i went straight into a delivery suite, no one bothered to check how far dilated i was...told me they were gonna send me home....then left!! half hour later i saw them again when i asked for pain relief they checked and said oooo your 6cm wont be going home then..and promptly left again!!
i pretty much laboured on my own...they gave me pethadine that knocked me out for 2hours....then i woke up fully dilated and needed to push...Kayson was born at 3.26...i was at the hospital for 5hours during labour....i pushed for 43minutes...i reckon i saw them grand total of an hour...then they cleaned Kay up, did the weighing etc, let me have a bath....then left me alone!! left the hospital at 9!! lol xxx

When I was admitted into hospital I was only 3cms and put into a room where they do inductions. The mw's did keep popping into see me which was a good job as I think about 30mins after being admitted I was ready to start pushing.

Once I was in the delivery room my mw was with me throughout.

Hello newmummy :hugs:

Oh don't get me started on midwifes in the room lol.

I was induced in January. I arrived on the ward at 11.30 saw the midwife she popped in the pessary took some obs and off she went. I didn't see her again until 5 o clock and that was because i buzzed to say the contractions were coming thick and fast.

I was put on the monitor and told things were beginning to happen :dohh:

I didn't see another sole until 10pm again because i buzzed because i now didn't have a break in contractions. The midwife didn't even ask how i was she just started telling me off because my DH was still on the ward at he should of left at 8pm. My DH proceeded to shout " well someone has to look after her" After checking me over she said that the pessary had over stimulated me and she took it out.
I went to the labour ward around 1230ish. After getting myself sorted i had my waters broke at 1. The midwife was in and out the room and when i said i wanted to push 20 minutes later she told me not to be so dramatic and that she would go and get me a shot of pethidine. This i didn't want but off she went. As soon as she left i buzzed her back and started pushing my baby out, she made it just in time to catch the baby screaming at me to stop pushing :dohh:
Again i was told off lol.

All i can say is thank god it was my 4th. If it had been my first i would of been terrified :wacko:

id have puncher her for the 'stop being so dramatic' remark!

X

I thought my midwife was there pretty much all the time but apparently she wasn't according to my husband. I was just blocking everything out except for the times she was coming in and disturbing me by using her doppler, so to me it seemed she never left.

I just remember my mum saying rather sarcastically and loudly 'Good thing we trained as Midwives..eh Andy?' lol! xxx

My MW did go away for a little while here and there but she was there more than she was away. I was hooked up to a CTG for most of my labour though and had a consultant at delivery because my baby had ectopic heartbeats so that was probably why. xx

I had three midwives over tge 18 hours I was in labour on hospital, my waters broke 48 hours before my son was born and I had extremely painful contractions for 24 hours. The first midwife popped on and out said she would be a couple of mins but was 40 mins, 20 mins etc age didn't once ask me about what pain I was in! Then for the majority of my labour bar about 40 mins before pushing I had a lovely midwife who stayed with me, then she had to go home at end of her shift and I gad a 3rd midwife who was ok bit didn't feel like she explained anything to me (I had to be prepped for theatre for forcep delivery) she didn't really talk to me...the anesthetist spoke to me more and relaxed me by saying what they were doing, my mum said he was a hottie ha ha I can't really remember what he looked like!

My midwife was with me right up until I needed to push,it was then handover time and I had another mw, 1st midwife came in after I had had LO and apologised as she would of liked to have been there fir the birth!!!

My midwife didnt leave my side, at all... and she even came down to the maternity ward to see if i was doing OK, she was amazing and I dont think I could have done it with a different midwife :flower:

First time I had a midwife there the whole time pretty much, and by the end I had about five. For a lot of it, I had two midwives. Second time the midwife popped in every so often but was out of the room when the baby crowned unexpectedly. How we laughed...

Once they had decieded i was in labour and its wasnt a water infection just causing an irritable uterus :)dohh:) i was only left a few times and that was just for her to go get bits and bobs that were needed.
I had a lovely midwife, although she didnt believe me when i said i needed to push 2hours after examining me and saying i was 3cm :rofl:

I had to be monitored every 4hours, so they would come in and put me on the machine then bugger off and come back about an hour later to take me off. They kept popping their head in to see if I wanted anything, cup of tea etc. We didnt know I was in labour until I was 9cms. She stayed with me from then, but I had a water birth so she basically sat there. From then until having her it was only about 2 and a half hours. I had about 4 midwifes looking after me and I have to say they were lovely and I couldnt have faulted them. I really wanted a water birth and with having GD I was told before going into hospital that this wouldnt be possible. I was so upset at the time, and had no birth plan at all (little strop I think lol). However the midwife I had was all for what the mam wants....she checked my iron levels etc and said if they came back fine I could get in the pool. Thankfully they did and I had the water birth I wanted! (I wasnt very prepared for it tho!) x

During my labour (21 hours and 17 minutes) I think I went about 8 hours without a midwife in the room although if I remember rightly it was because they kept losing his heartbeat on the trace machine

my MW never left my room as i was high risk. when she had her break (8 hours into her shift) another MW came in for the hour. she was there in theatre during my EMCS and then popped into recovery before she finished at 9pm! She was with me from 7am til 9pm. brilliant

i phoned to say i was coming, my waters had broken the day before, contractions one to two minutes apart and this incredible pressure like i wanted to push, so they knew i was going to be a quick one and were prepapred for me when i got there fully dilated and trying not to push haha she stayed with me the one time but stood out of the way as my body knew what to do!

Once they had decieded i was in labour and its wasnt a water infection just causing an irritable uterus :)dohh:) i was only left a few times and that was just for her to go get bits and bobs that were needed.
I had a lovely midwife, although she didnt believe me when i said i needed to push 2hours after examining me and saying i was 3cm :rofl:

What is it with the midwives not believing you when you say you need to push!!

Mine was the same! But I was progressing fast from the start, so it couldn't have been that much of a suprise to her! An hour after my waters broke and I went to hospital, expecting to be sent home I was 5cm! 3 1/2 hours later I told her I wanted to push. She told me to breathe through it...yeah right! Your body starts to push all on it's own! When I showed her my attempt of trying to breath through it, I think she believed me!! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->