During Your Labour...

I had a midwive come in about 4 times in the 14 hours. One of those times was to ask me to me more quiet and refuse me pain medication.

My midwife was practicaly there all the way through from being admitted at 4cm to 5 hrs later when she was born. I honestly wasn't expecting her to be there the whole time but she was :)

i was admitted at 7pm had various different mws in and out every 15-20mins, then around 10.30 i was taken up to the high needs ward, from then until 12.45 pm(sunday) my mw was with me constantly apart from popping out for a couple of minutes here and there. i did have a change over at 8am so had a different one for the morning bit but they were both pretty much with me constantly during their shifts

I arrived fully dilated and had a midwife and a student midwife with me the whole time, well it was only 1hr 30mins of pushing, Both Midwifes were holding my legs:rofl:

I had a midwive come in about 4 times in the 14 hours. One of those times was to ask me to me more quiet and refuse me pain medication.

thats terrible what a horrible MW

thats terrible what a horrible MW

Yeah, you'd think screaming "AHHHH I think in going to die" would be a clear indication that I do infact need pain relief :dohh: I think she just assumed I was one of those people with a low pain threshold, which I'm not, but even if I was she should have given me something..
Don't think I'll ever stop being frustrated with how my labour went!

Thinking about it all morning lol (i really must have zoned out during labour lol, only paracetamol and diamorphine lol) that before i stood up and the rest of my waters went, i was sat in the side of the bed saying "im pushing" and she said "no ur not it feels like u r but ur not" so obviously as she was the professional and ive never done it before believed her...

but after discussing with my OH and MIL i really WAS pushing, she came 20mins later :happydance: i remember it now that my tummy muscles were "pulling themselves in" if you get what i mean? like when u go for a number 2, lol. And I couldn't control it...the worst thing for me was the intense feeling that everything was gonna fall out my bottom, lol!

*oops i just realised i have changed the entire subject hahaha

Thinking about it all morning lol (i really must have zoned out during labour lol, only paracetamol and diamorphine lol) that before i stood up and the rest of my waters went, i was sat in the side of the bed saying "im pushing" and she said "no ur not it feels like u r but ur not" so obviously as she was the professional and ive never done it before believed her...

but after discussing with my OH and MIL i really WAS pushing, she came 20mins later :happydance: i remember it now that my tummy muscles were "pulling themselves in" if you get what i mean? like when u go for a number 2, lol. And I couldn't control it...the worst thing for me was the intense feeling that everything was gonna fall out my bottom, lol!

Totally know what you mean, that feeling is unbelievable. They never believed me niether,they checked and said dont push you are only 5cm. Lucky for me I dilated them 5 in about 10 minutes, I couldnt stop pushing.

I had a horrible midwife. I went in to hospital in hurrendous pain havin contractions every 3 minutes. She just put me on the bed and told me I can wait for a few hours in the room to see what happens? but I wern't allowed to leave the room or 'I could do it on my own'.. (what a lovely thing to say to a woman in labor!). She didn't put me on the monitor, test my waters.. nothing! And she said my contractions where 5 minutes apart. God know's how she came up with that when she didn't even check me. Must of been physcic! Then she didn't come back ony till she was signing off and to tell me I had a new midwife. She came back the next day when I was in full thrown labor and left me while I was pushing for 20 minutes. Then REALISED baby was back to back, sat me up and ripped the drip out of my hand by accident and blood was everywhere.

Bloody good job LO didnt arrive while I was pushing or OH would have had to deliver her. Awful midwife.

I planned a homebirth so from when she arrived until I ended up in hospital my MW was with me 100% of the time, and at least a third of that time I had a 2nd MW too.

When I got to hospital I was handed over to another MW who stayed with me until I had birthed my boy and was enjoying some skin to skin.

Mind you by the time I bothered to call the Mw and she arrived and got around to examining me I was around 8cm dilated. wheeeee

labouring without interference = better labour!

I couldn't tell you if the queen herself was in the room I was so out of it most of the time! I do remember thinking there was loads of people coming in and out, several midwifes, a few doctors, some random people!
I remember wishing they would leave me alone coz they kept taking my blood pressure every two mins, I just pretended to be asleep most of the time so they just spoke to hubby :blush:

I in all honesty would have liked to have had an unassissted birth. Just me.

But it wasn't really something that was going to happen unles by accident with my previous EMCS I was too wary to go it alone.

I soooo glad I tried to homebirth this time labouring at home until 10cm was easy, no fuss, nice and quiet, my living room, my things my tv playing my fave film.

My midwife was rarely with us in the delivery room and she appeared to just leave us to it which me and my husband loved. Somebody always had to be in the room with me because I was in the pool but they were happy to leave my husband with me. My labour was perfect and stress free, I really liked that the midwife left us to it :)

The reason I look back on my 30 hour labour so fondly is all down to my fantastic midwives, I had alot of pain relief and not once did I feel scared... They were so amazing I could cry thinking about them! I had a lovely caring lady up until I was ready to push then a slightly bossier one at the pushing stage which was just the right combination! 15 hours to 4cm then 15 hours to 10cm and 25 mins to push him out!!! I honestly think I would have had to have a section if it wasn't for the first one, she just knew exactly what she was doing during the tricky parts and got me through, I thank my lucky stars I had those two with me, just amazing xx

My midwife was rarely with us in the delivery room and she appeared to just leave us to it which me and my husband loved. Somebody always had to be in the room with me because I was in the pool but they were happy to leave my husband with me. My labour was perfect and stress free, I really liked that the midwife left us to it :)

I was left unattended in the pool with my first for hours.

It was lovely.

there was a woman in there with lots
of complications so i was quite happy to be
left to it, they popped in every now and again
just to see if i was ok but it was a long labour
so i didn't expect someone by my side the
entire time, they were around loads to begin with
but when i moved into a labour room they were
alot busier so i didn't mind so much, i had a radio
and gas and air on tap so it wasn't too bad lol

if i needed someone i yelled or oh went out to
find a mw, it was a shite birth but it wasn't their
fault even if they did cock up my epidural lol i had
about 4 with me when it came to pushing so they
were there when i needed them :thumbup:

I know what feeling you're talking about too! I remember that was the one time the midwives finally took me seriously (they still didn't believe I was even in established labour and I wasn't even in a delivery room because of that) but once I felt my tummy doing that pushing down feeling and said "I think I need to push now" they rushed me straight into a room and I was 9.5cm dilated! It is such a weird feeling it's like you're body decides it's time for baby to come out now :haha:

My MW was amazing and was there all the time, and for the last few hours I had two who then both stayed with me. I had an amazing experience in a birthing centre where it was just me in labour at the time. xx

I had constant MW support with me in the labour room. Apart from 5 mins or so in between the hand over shift changes. She was mostly always in the room with me, and if not paying attention to me then the machines/drip etc.

I may have got this as i was induced, and my blood pressure was rising and so was my temp, so maybe thats why.... they had bp machine on me for 5 minute interval readings.

xxx

I was left on my own during most of my labour, OH and my mum were sent home and I spent most of the time in the ward toilet/shower room. I was only checked when my waters broke and then they let me in the delivery room for about 20mins although I was on a monitor by then. When the midwife came back to check me I was 10cm dilated and they could see her bottom! :shock:
Luckily there was no time for an epidural or anything else by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->