Ear Piercing For Baby Girls....

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
"Do you agree with piercing your little baby/girls ears"

What age should I piece my baby's ears?

I heard some pediatricians do it rather than going to the local mall. Is that true?

I have to find out if my pediatrician does it.

Thanks,
Mello

I wouldn't ear peice my girls ears until they are old enough to make their own mind up.

i had ellies done at 5 months and emmas at a year old but im not sure if its different in other places.

I wouldn't ear peice my girls ears until they are old enough to make their own mind up.

I always hear some people say that. Why?
Did your parents do that to you.

Little baby girls look nice with earrings in their ears.

Mello

i got it done when i was 12, so did my sister.

But I would always be scared what happens when they are little that they pull them out and they rip their ear. and they might not want to ahve their ear peiced so i would rather they make their mind up.

But I would always be scared what happens when they are little that they pull them out and they rip their ear. and they might not want to ahve their ear peiced so i would rather they make their mind up.

I wouldn't get the hanging ones, I would get the stud shape like ones.

Mello

I always hear some people say that. Why?
Did your parents do that to you.

Little baby girls look nice with earrings in their ears.

Mello

I think every parent feels different about this, personally i don't like seeing babies with pierced ears. I agree with letting them decide when they are old enough.
For me it would be like getting my LO a tattoo, something that should defo be thier decision, its their body.

Plus my SIL had hers done when she was a bub and since she has grown the holes are wonky and very close to the edge of her ear lobes, so when she does wear earings they look like they are falling out....very odd!

I wouldn't have Jasmine's ears pierced, Il let her make that choice when shes older

had mine done at 6month and they're perfectly fine! I discussed this with DH the other if we had a girl would he want her ears pierced and it was a big NO WAY! not until she's 18. lol :dohh:

I won't get Kaya's done until she is old enough to make that decision for herself. I don't think it's right to inflict pain on a baby or child for a purely cosmetic reason.

I'm kinda with marley.

I had mine done at 6yo. I did DD#1 at 11 when she asked for it. I'll most likely do the same with this LO.

Well personally I dont agree with it, but dont get it done in a mall. It really is unhygenic. They have no way to clean those guns, they can't be autoclaved as they have plastic on them and they can pass on infection with every piercing. Get it done at your doctors, they will do it for you, well at least around where I am they most definatley do and if not, a body piercing salon will lol.

But I suppose the positive side to getting ears pierced young is that when they start school their ears will be fully healed and they wont have the problem of getting them pierced in the six weeks holidays and then having the pain of putting thme bakc in each evening after school, pushing it through a semi closed hole...I got mine done at 7 and thats what I remember and if i ever had a girl, i'd make sure she didnt have to go through that so even though i dont agree with it i'd probably get it done on her at about 2 years old...

My aunt got my cousins done at just under 2 years old...as my cousin actually whined for them done lol.

I won't get Kaya's done until she is old enough to make that decision for herself. I don't think it's right to inflict pain on a baby or child for a purely cosmetic reason.

I agree. I had mine done when I was 12 because it was what I wanted. And while it wasn't too painful, I chose to go through that little bit of pain for myself - I couldn't put my baby through that at an age when they don't know why you are causing them pain (obviously I have no intention to get Sam's done anyway!) x

I agree. I had mine done when I was 12 because it was what I wanted. And while it wasn't too painful, I chose to go through that little bit of pain for myself - I couldn't put my baby through that at an age when they don't know why you are causing them pain (obviously I have no intention to get Sam's done anyway!) x

i agree with these posts

My mom allowed me to have mine done when I was 12. I was old enough to make my decision, and when it was done, it felt like a celebration that I was becoming a lady.

Quite honestly, that's what I will strive to do with my little girl. Yes, she's been asking to get it done but I will prolong it for as long as I can.

What age should I piece my baby's ears?

I heard some pediatricians do it rather than going to the local mall. Is that true?

I have to find out if my pediatrician does it.

Thanks,
Mello

I guess I should've paraphrase my question:

"Do you agree with piercing your little baby/girls ears"

Also, I heard 3/4 months is good to have it done.

But then again, I prefer to wait until my baby has all her shots.

Mello

i found that having them done young that they no nothing different as they have always been there mine never play or pull at theirs there used to them.

i found that having them done young that they no nothing different as they have always been there mine never play or pull at theirs there used to them.

Yup...
I heard that too....

Mello

Like alot of the other women have said on here, I shall wait until Maya is old enough to make that decision.

I guarantee no one on here would dream of giving their LO a tatoo so why put holes in their tiny ears?

I just don't think it looks that nice either. My mum had mine done when I was a baby & I think it looks awful!!

I would not get my baby girls ears pierced. Personally i think its a decision she needs to make herself and she is perfect as she is. Babies aren't meant to have their ears pierced IMO. Its her body, her decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->