Ear Piercing For Baby Girls....

I would not get my baby girls ears pierced. Personally i think its a decision she needs to make herself and she is perfect as she is. Babies aren't meant to have their ears pierced IMO. Its her body, her decision.

You said exactly what I wanted to say but didn't know how to word it

:hugs::hugs:

I must agree with most of the women here. It will be my future baby's body, and there fore her choice when she's old enough. Besides, jewelery and make-up should be for little ladies, not children. It's one of those things that makes you feel older than you are and can be a great reward as a young teen. Obviously if you grow up with it you won't see it that way.

I personally never had my ears pierced. Didn't see the point of getting holes made in my body and take the risk of infection and a lot of pain when you can get really pretty screw on earrings now a days.

i totally disagree with it i mean its up 2 every one what they personaly choose but i think its child torture to pierce their ears just for fashion and because it looks nice i mean u wouldnt get ur baby a tattoo would u

also i had mine done when i was little and they have grown out and those holes r now really close to my head so i had to have them re-done and for me i think it did hurt even when i was older

also i had mine done when i was little and they have grown out and those holes r now really close to my head so i had to have them re-done and for me i think it did hurt even when i was older

This is what happened to my SIL...another reason why my LO won't be having hers done as a baby or even toddler.

"Do you agree with piercing your little baby/girls ears"

What age should I piece my baby's ears?

I dont agree with it, and personally i think it looks tacky and cheap.
Why should you inflict your own cosmetic preferences on a baby, why not let her wait to make that decision her self then its a trip you can both make and help her choose earrings.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but i think it should be banned in infants.
Would you give her a tattoo because you thought it looked nice?

I dont agree with it, and personally i think it looks tacky and cheap.
Why should you inflict your own cosmetic preferences on a baby, why not let her wait to make that decision her self then its a trip you can both make and help her choose earrings.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but i think it should be banned in infants.
Would you give her a tattoo because you thought it looked nice?

I couldn't agree more with this post.... I find it sickening in all honesty.

There is absolutely NO NEED for it at all, and personally, I think it should be banned for all under 16's!

I wouldn't ear peice my girls ears until they are old enough to make their own mind up.

I always hear some people say that. Why?
Did your parents do that to you.

Little baby girls look nice with earrings in their ears.

Mello

I personally dont think they do look nice with them in their ears, but that is my opinion, everyone is different!

I wouldn't let my baby until she was at least 14 and could make up her own mind about it. Thats what my Mam and Dad did for me and I was very greatful for it.

xxx

I would wait until she asks for it and she is responsible enough to clean them herself. I don't have a set age as some kids are more mature than others. I agree with hypnorm, and in addition to that, a baby is hard(but rewarding) work already, why would you want to add more to your daily routine by having to clean her ears,...I'd rather be playing:)

I wouldn't ear peice my girls ears until they are old enough to make their own mind up.

I always hear some people say that. Why?
Did your parents do that to you.

Little baby girls look nice with earrings in their ears.

Mello

I think every parent feels different about this, personally i don't like seeing babies with pierced ears. I agree with letting them decide when they are old enough.
For me it would be like getting my LO a tattoo, something that should defo be thier decision, its their body.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's their body, some people don't want their ears pierced.

I went to school with someone who had a deformed ear because when she was a baby she wore stud earrngs and she pulled one out ripping her ear, it was nasty.

Speaking of someone who likes peircings (I have 22 myself) I would never get Chloe's done. TBH I think it looks naff and it's not a decision I feel I have the right to make for her. She can choose to have it done when she's old enough.

Yep, I agree with most others in this thread, I wont let Skye have it done until she is at least around 13, which is when I chose to have mine done. I dont like seeing it in babies...in my opinion it should be left to them to decide if they want it done or not.

I won't let her have them done until she's old enough to take care of them herself.

I had mine done when I was a baby and when I was about 2 years old I used to fiddle with my ear and suck my thumb. I pushed one of the backs of my earrings inside my ear and had to go into hospital to have it remove. I think piercings should be left to teenagers.

If i were to have a girl in the future there is no way i would get her ears pierced while she was a baby. I'd let her make up her own mind when cleaning them could be her responsibility

I got my ears peirced when I was 18mths old. My mum said I used to wake up and feel my ears to see if a hole had grown there yet. Apparently I didn't cry or even cringe when i got them done. If my daughter wants them as I obviously did then i'll go for it.

Before I had Angelynn home I said I would wait until she could make the decision but then I thought if I do it now she won't remember.
I had it done about...3 months ago. She has had no problems with her ears. No infections and she has never tried to pull them out. I even changed her studs to little bitty 24K gold hoops.
But I suppose it's a parents choice. If you want to get your daughter pierced than you go ahead and do so.If she decides later she doesn't want them than just take them out!!!
Just take really good care of the ears afterwards.
But I would wait until she's about 3-4 months old at least before you get them done.

But I suppose it's a parents choice. If you want to get your daughter pierced than you go ahead and do so. If she decides later she doesn't want them than just take them out!.

Have highlighted some words in here,
Sorry but its not a parents choice it is the childs choice. They are not a possession you don't own them. She is an individual and i will wait until my son or daughter says to me - 'Mum i'd like to get my ears pierced' and then I would support them whole heartedly
And yes i saw a 2 yr old boy with a diamond stud in his ear the other day...

But I suppose it's a parents choice. If you want to get your daughter pierced than you go ahead and do so. If she decides later she doesn't want them than just take them out!.

Have highlighted some words in here,
Sorry but its not a parents choice it is the childs choice. They are not a possession you don't own them. She is an individual and i will wait until my son or daughter says to me - 'Mum i'd like to get my ears pierced' and then I would support them whole heartedly
And yes i saw a 2 yr old boy with a diamond stud in his ear the other day...

Couldnt agree more. I dont think anyone here would apreciate being dragged to a salon, put in a chair and being told they WILL have needles put through their ears.

I had my ears pierced at 12 or 13 years old. It was great because i went with my mum and sister and we picked earings and had a good girlie time.

I would never have Graces done before the age of at least 12. I just couldn't do it. It hurts me when she has to have injections and the're for her own good. I could never put her through that pain because i wanted her to look pretty. I love Graces little ears, they are perfect as they are!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->