Ear Piercing For Baby Girls....

Id defo wait until my lil girl can make the decision herself. I had mine done at 2 and remember it hurting and crying. My dad just took me out and got them done without asking my mom! She wasnt pleased about it at all esp all i ever had was problems with them.

Wow,

I'm surprised how this thread turned out.

A lot of people agree not to have it done.

As for me, I'll get my baby girl ears pierced.

I think, it's where we all live that plays a part too.
Our customs/way of living.

I might be wrong..

What do you think?

Mello

I got my ears peirced when I was 18mths old. My mum said I used to wake up and feel my ears to see if a hole had grown there yet. Apparently I didn't cry or even cringe when i got them done. If my daughter wants them as I obviously did then i'll go for it.

im sorry but how can u know what you want at 18 months old

Well I used to ask mum every day for months if my ears were pierced yet, so I must've known. I've never had a problem with mine, only the second and third holes which I got on my own accord when I was older and had a job.

I had mine done at 4 weeks old and if my parents had watied until I was older they would have known that I never wanted them done, if I was to be have holes in my ears, I would have been born that way IMO!

i wouldnt have my babies ears pierced, my mum wanted my eldest son to have his done
i dont agree with it but thats my choice.

No i dont want to have my girls ears pierced until they are both old enough to ask and know what they are doing ;)

I wont be letting my kids have thiers done til they are old enought to understand and to clean them themselves! I had mine done at 7 and left them to close over then had to get them re done at 14! I think it looks quite tacky and chavvy!!

BabyMello,

I think it looks beautiful , in our culture also it s very accepted , it doesn t hurt them anymore than an injection.

Plus i think that this kinda of question will always have people saying i will wait till they cam make their own decision buit then you could say that about everything.
Why do then people get their babies christened shouldn t they wait till they can make their own decision.

Everyone has different opnions.

I agree that in some cultures it's seen as acceptable or beautiful. And to them I'm sure it is beautiful. If it's tradiiton I've nothing against it. I know that in some African cultures it's seen as the norm. In Britain I tend to think it's a bit chavy to have pierced ears as a baby..

BabyMello,

I think it looks beautiful , in our culture also it s very accepted , it doesn t hurt them anymore than an injection.

Plus i think that this kinda of question will always have people saying i will wait till they cam make their own decision buit then you could say that about everything.
Why do then people get their babies christened shouldn t they wait till they can make their own decision.

Completely agree with you Carmen.

I really have nothing against the ladies that don't agree with it as there will always be. But hearing the words tacky, cheap, chavvy etc its kind of upsetting? I mean how would you like it if you had something done to your child that you thought was beautiful being described that way? I also think its turned off some of the ladies that have had it done from letting you all know. I know I didn't post on here sooner until I saw some others that had it done because of the negativity in this thread.

Like Carmen said, this could be about a looot of different things I.E Circumsicion, shouldn't that also be done when the child can make his own desicion? But cultures have been doing it forever and still are. Its the same with mine when it comes to piercing.

It's not cheap, tacky, chavvy to us. Its a way of celebrating the birth of baby girl.

BabyMello,

Completely agree with you Carmen.

I really have nothing against the ladies that don't agree with it as there will always be. But hearing the words tacky, cheap, chavvy etc its kind of upsetting? I mean how would you like it if you had something done to your child that you thought was beautiful being described that way? I also think its turned off some of the ladies that have had it done from letting you all know. I know I didn't post on here sooner until I saw some others that had it done because of the negativity in this thread.

Like Carmen said, this could be about a looot of different things I.E Circumsicion, shouldn't that also be done when the child can make his own desicion? But cultures have been doing it forever and still are. Its the same with mine when it comes to piercing.

It's not cheap, tacky, chavvy to us. Its a way of celebrating the birth of baby girl.

i totally agree!! and people saying that it looks tacky and chavvy is just insulting! everyone is in titled to their own opionion and choice but to basically say my children look tacky and chavvy is just bang out of order!!!!

I apologise for any upset caused but it was not intended. What i really meant to say was it is most seen in chavvy familes in modern day britain. Don't get me wrong i have seen a few little girls with them in and they look really cute but in my honest opinion, i think its a decision only my daughter has the right to make for herself.

In different countries and religions in terms of it being part of your culture that is fair enough. Same with circumcision, christening etc, people will always have very opinionated views on them. Its a matter of personal preference and or culture/religion.

I don't think any offense was meant when people have said it looks chavvy, it really does depend on the individual circumstances. But you've gotta understand what we all mean when we say it looks chavvy as it seems to be the 'in' thing for chavs

Apologies again.

No direct insult was meant against anyone or their children.

In your eyes if you see it as a beautiful thing to have done then that is all that matters.

Some people don't like to see babies in baby jeans or lil trainers and think they look chavvy/tacky or whatever but as long as the parent is happy with it then no-one else's opinions matter whatsoever....

I apologise for any upset caused but it was not intended. What i really meant to say was it is most seen in chavvy familes in modern day britain. Don't get me wrong i have seen a few little girls with them in and they look really cute but in my honest opinion, i think its a decision only my daughter has the right to make for herself.

In different countries and religions in terms of it being part of your culture that is fair enough. Same with circumcision, christening etc, people will always have very opinionated views on them. Its a matter of personal preference and or culture/religion.

I don't think any offense was meant when people have said it looks chavvy, it really does depend on the individual circumstances. But you've gotta understand what we all mean when we say it looks chavvy as it seems to be the 'in' thing for chavs

Apologies again.

you saying that it is mostly seen in chavvy families is not making what your saying any better my family is certainly NOT chavvy and the fact that people have to comment like this is completely out of order, yeah say you dont agree and you wouldnt do it but dont say it makes babies look chavvy or tacky!! babies are beautiful regardless!

If you can say that you are having it done for your baby then that up to you, but if you can only say that you are having it done to your baby because you think it looks nice or that its coz YOU want it done then I think that is wrong.

I wanted my son Christened not because i wanted to but because of pressure from my family traditions, hubby didnt want it done. So we have not had him christened and i think that was the right descicion as he now can CHOOSE if he wants religion in his life. And i think an individual should be able to choose if they want their ears pierced.

Apologies again.

you saying that it is mostly seen in chavvy families is not making what your saying any better my family is certainly NOT chavvy and the fact that people have to comment like this is completely out of order, yeah say you dont agree and you wouldnt do it but dont say it makes babies look chavvy or tacky!! babies are beautiful regardless!

I have no called your family chavvy and i am entitled to my opinion. If you are offended then so be it, my opinion has not changed. I don't see why I have to guard my opinion just because you are offended by it. I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE CHAVVY and I did not intend to upset you. In future i will steer clear of such threads. My apologies yet again.

i just dont understand why people have to use insulting words and phrases. have your opionion but be nice about it.

I haven't read peoples replies I'm just going to make my own. This is my opinion and I am in no way forcing it on anyone or judging anyone who apposes. I think this is one of the one matters I actually don't believe every mother has the right to make up their mind on. I think we should all wait untill our children are old enough to ask for this done, if they want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->