Ear Piercing For Baby Girls....

In my culture most mothers get their girls ears & sometimes nose pierced before they hit three years old, i think its actually kind of barbaric!
I'm so glad my mum didnt get mine done, I waited till I was 16 when I had mine done because I wanted to :)

I won't pierce my daughters until she is old enough to understand. I remember being asked if I wanted to get mine pierced when i was 3, and I said yes. My gran took me and my mother was not best pleased LOL

Also, i don't really like the look of tiny babies with earrings in.

I dont like babies having their ears pierced i think that its wrong to put a baby through pain for no reason that is going to benefit the baby. I dont like the look of it, i think it looks cheap and nasty.. though obviously this is just my opinion and people can do what they like :) If i have a baby girl i will wait until she is 12 and then allow her to make her decision cos i think its a choice a child has to make for themselves and as someone else has said you wouldnt tatoo your baby so why would you put holes in them :shrug:

I got my ears peirced when I was 18mths old. My mum said I used to wake up and feel my ears to see if a hole had grown there yet. Apparently I didn't cry or even cringe when i got them done. If my daughter wants them as I obviously did then i'll go for it.

im sorry but how can u know what you want at 18 months old

i think in some religions/ traditions it is the 'norm', like one poster said. i can't comment on that, but over here in england piercings on the very tiny can look chavvy...

*hides behind sofa waiting for backlash*

i had my ears done at twelve...i didn't particulary want them done. i went with my gran cos she wanted hers done!! lol.

i only wear earings now on 'special occassions'.

i think in some religions/ traditions it is the 'norm', like one poster said. i can't comment on that, but over here in england piercings on the very tiny can look chavvy...

:rofl::rofl: that made me chuckle but i would totally agree with your statement above.

I don't like to see little girls with ear peircings. I will make Kalea wait until she's old enough to look after them herself and is old enough to decide.

I don't however judge others who do get it done, and I understand, it's tradition in some races.

I just think its a bit naff.....babies are cute and pretty anyway and dont need adult accessories.........my daughter will not be having them......my sister is a bit chavvy and actually wants to buy a gold chain and ring (!) for my LO....no way!! ha ha

i had my ears done at twelve...i didn't particulary want them done. i went with my gran cos she wanted hers done!! lol.

Lol, you won't get a backlash! :) It's not religion, only tradition & culture that is based on ignorance & stupidity. But you're right, pierced ears on babies do look v chavvy & tacky

well this seems to be a hot topic and I won't comment anymore but my daughter looks stunning and I love having her earrings in. Here it really is not a big deal and everyone who has seen Angelynn with her earrings has commented how pretty it is because they don't see alot of babies with earrings. It was actually a very quick procedure and of course she cried but only for a minute. After she was fine and smiling away.
But everyone is entitled to their own opinion!!

well my children dont look chavvy or tacky. and my girls love their little earings. mine were done when i was 1yrs old and mine are fine and i wear earings everyday. my girls love choosing their earings.
and i dont thin k you can compare a ear piercing to a tattoo? its completely different.

Each to their own. Isis got her's done at 3 months, she's never had an infection and she looks adorable. Like Turbo said, up here its really common.

But also, in my family (it might be a hispanic thing I'm not sure) It's a tradition, to get them done as a baby. My grandmother got her's at 8 days old, my mom at 2 weeks, me at 4 weeks etc. I know a lot of latin people are like this too (the ones I know).

I loved the fact that my mom did it for me as a baby, they look fine and I ended up piercing my ears way more and facial piercings lol!

People will always have different opinions, power to you if you don't agree to it or if you do. But do we really need to bring up words such as tacky or chavvy? Great you don't agree, but agree to disagree in a nice way.

Or only tradition & culture that is based on ignorance & stupidity~ Strong words, I don't think she was looking for cultural debate when she made this thread.

I think you said what most of us were afraid to say

xx

Personally I'm against getting any child's ears pierced at an early age.

If they want it done they should have the choice to do so when they're old enough.

It never used to be chavvy, that's only come on the last few years.

I dont think being chavvy is the main issue, thats really just personal taste. I think the main issue is that it is unnecessary pain to the baby and can lead to deformity. Mine landed me in hospital.

I dont think being chavvy is the main issue, thats really just personal taste. I think the main issue is that it is unnecessary pain to the baby and can lead to deformity. Mine landed me in hospital.

Quite true.

I also can't wear earings. The metal rots my ears. So I'll need my daughter to be old enough to understand that. However my bellybutton peircing was fine. I think if I tried stainless steel earings in my ear they'd be fine, but not really interested.

My 8 yr old had her ears pierced when she was 7 (her choice) and they got infected and she was in agony :cry:.

She was in pain and it was my fault cos i agreed to it.

I wud never do that again and when this 1 is here i wont be lettin them have their ears dun.

Ive seen toddlers wiv heavy gold hoops in and i think it looks wrong.

V x x x

I dont agree with it, and personally i think it looks tacky and cheap.
Why should you inflict your own cosmetic preferences on a baby, why not let her wait to make that decision her self then its a trip you can both make and help her choose earrings.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but i think it should be banned in infants.
Would you give her a tattoo because you thought it looked nice?

^^^ I agree with all above!!!

I had mine done when I was a baby and when I was about 2 years old I used to fiddle with my ear and suck my thumb. I pushed one of the backs of my earrings inside my ear and had to go into hospital to have it remove. I think piercings should be left to teenagers.

My Aunt took me for my 4th Birthday to have mine done (I only remember sitting in the chair at the hairdressers) I do however remember going to the hospital because the back went in to my ear!! My earing always got caught on my cardigan too and hurt when it pulled!!

My Aunt took me for my 4th Birthday to have mine done (I only remember sitting in the chair at the hairdressers) I do however remember going to the hospital because the back went in to my ear!! My earing always got caught on my cardigan too and hurt when it pulled!!

Thats what happened to me. The back went right into my ear and at the hospital I had to be wrapped up in a blanket while I was kicking and screaming to have it removed. I must have been about 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->