Ear piercing =)

Gemble

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this really and I'm fully prepared to get massacred for even thinking about it. I never even concidered that people wouldn't agree with it until I googled it to see where would do it.

Anyone had or getting there LO's ears pierced?

My whole family has had theirs done very young so I've never known any different :shrug:

Xxx

Its up to you at the end of the day.

Many will say no and to wait til your LO can make the choice to pierce there ears themselves [not literally], but on the flip side, many like to do it early on.

I think little girls look quite pretty with ears pierced, but not so much a tiny baby.

Personally, if i had a daughter, i would wait for her to ask for them to be pierced.

My eldest had hers done when she was about 6 years, kept them in for 6 weeks and has never worn any since! She's 16 now.

I have 2 other girls of 6 and nearly 3 who haven't had their ears pierced. They are both really wimpy and it would be like I was killing them if I even dared go near them with an ear piercing gun, honestly they would scream the place down :haha:

So if you really want them done I suppose it's better when they are little.

It's not really my thing but I have seen little girls who look cute with them. A few years ago I would have been one of those people who would have thought it was cruel and so on but you know what in the grand scheme of things it's not THAT big a deal! If you don't like them don't get them done but don't judge other people for doing it :shrug:

A lot of people don't like it and think it's cruel etc etc

Personally it's up to you. I am waiting for my daughters to ask (dd1 is 8 and still hasn't) but I had mine done at 3 and my cousins baby was done at 6 months old and she looked very pretty. Each to their own I guess

DD had hers done last month for her 6th birthday. She wanted it done, I personally wouldn't pierce a LOs ears before they could ask for it but I don't judge anyone else's choices :flow:

ETA: DD barely noticed the piercings going in! They had 2 guns and did both at the same time - I highly recommend that!

My little girl is nearly 1 and I'm thinking along the lines of..

I know it's gonna hurt her and I'm fully aware that is what people think is cruel etc etc but at her age now she'll forget soon after its done and be less likely to fiddle with them. If I leave it until she's 'old enough to decide for herself' (this is what most people have said to me so far) she won't be able to have them done because of having to take them out for P.E in school..

I had mine done when I was 2, my baby sis was only 8 weeks and my older sister was also 2. I'm glad my mum chose to do it :shrug:

I WANT her to have them done but also have that niggle of 'maybe I shouldn't' which is probably more to do with the opinions of others.

I don't even know what I'm looking for here guys :rofl:

Thankyou for ur opinions :D

Xxx

My daughter is 5 this year and I still wouldn't consider it, even if she begged me to let her have them done I wouldn't because she is still too young to understand how to look after them. I don't think earrings look cute on a baby, in my opinion babies are born beautiful and they don't need any modifications.

I used to work in a jewellers and I had to pierce a baby girl who was about 6 months old. The screams and the look on her face really upset me, she didn't know what was happening to her and she certainly wasn't able to tell her parents whether or not she wanted holes put in her ears.

I wouldn't stress about the opinions of others hun :flower: You decide based on what you think is better.

For the record though there's not been any issue with having to remove them for PE, I guess that depends on the school though

xx

Also I think a big part of my decision was based on my mum not letting me get my ears pierced till I was a teenager, I had been wanting it done so long, then went a bit mad and got masses of them :haha:

I still have some funky ones but others were regrettable :lol:

Leah had hers done when she was 7

She asked for months before I agreed to let her have it done

She has never had to take them out at school for PE either

Thankyou Tallybee :flower: I'm a massive fan of piercing and have lots :D

I appreciate all opinions and taking everything into consideration :thumbup:

I always said if I had daughters I'd get their ears pierced as babies but now I have one there's alot more to think about than just what I want :D

Xxx

never would as personally I wouldn't want my LO to go through any unnecessary discomfort for my vanity...but each to their own and all that :)

Personally if it was my daughter I wouldn't do it, but it is up to you, you are her Mum :flower:

i brought my little girl at 4 months to get hers done. and her pediatrician actually did it for her although i know of some jewelry stores that will do it with proof of her 3 month immunizations. i always thought babies with earrings looked weird but i think she looks completely adorable with them.

Honestly i wouldnt ever consider getting my girls ears pierced

Causing pain and discomfort to them for sheer vanity doesnt sit right with me.

Also i try and give them the respect i expect where i can and it wouldnt be ok to force piercings on me so why is it ok to do to kids?

I think they look adorable too :D

Yeah, the places I've looked at u have to bring their red book with proof of immunisations :thumbup:

I can understand the not wanting to cause unnecessary discomfort. Of course I don't want my baby hurting, which is why I'm concidering pro's and cons of having it done earlier rather than later. I'm sure she's gonna want it done at some point there's no one in my family that doesn't have piercings so it's the norm for us :shrug:

Xxx

I personally wouldn't get my DD's done, but if I was going to have them done then I think I would prefer for her to have them done at a younger age.

Like you said she'll forget the pain in an instant. Ultimately it's you're choice, you are her mum. There will be people who don't agree with it and who say's they have to?

You're baby you're decision :hugs:

i got paiges done at 5 months. In claires accessories. She cried for all of 2 minutes, and then went to sleep! She never fiddled with them and they healed up beautifully. Me, being the silly person i am, pulled her bib off quickly after a huge vomiting session in tesco and popped the back off one of her earrings when she was 13months or so... So i took out the earring in case she got it and tried to eat it. When i tried to put it back in that night, it didnt just slide in, so had already started closing up. She now only wears one earring... Now i know she wont sit to get the other one done again, so ill just wait till shes older to see if she wants it repierced...

Until then, shes rockin the 1 earring look. :)

alexa cried for literally 1 minute, if that. as soon as i picked her up she was fine. the doctor said that their ears are so thin while they are infants that it is nothing more than getting jabs.

I personally wouldn't get it done. The rule in our house was always you had to be able to make the decision for yourself and pay for it yourself which meant thinking enough about it to save pocket money or birthday money. It meant we were well aware of what we are doing. I got mine done when I was about 10 or 11 and ended up getting a horrible reaction in one ear and taking them out after a few months and didn't get them redone til I was 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->