Ear piercing =)

I had 3 holes in each ear by the time I was 9 :haha:

I do think it's lovely if kiddies can get excited about it and look forward to it but often I've seen them freak out as soon as they go to get it done! They want it but it scares them to do it. Another advantage of having it done younger. Plus u can distract them with chocolate buttons :D

I'm not going to dwell on what people think of me Laura :thumbup: we all have different parenting styles and it's up to us to decide what's best for our babies :) everyone is entitled to an opinion but we're never going to all agree :)

Xxx

I had mine done at 6 months old and tbh I am glad I did as I cant remember them being done and my holes never close up because they have been done for so long I can not wear earrings for a year and they are atill open to put them in again. If I had a daughter I would do it young.

I had my daughter in Spain. Over there they have their ears pierced in hospital. It's totally up to you honey :) xx

Wow that's shocking :nope:

As lovely I think it looks on small children I would wait until my daughter was old enough, and able to fully understand what it was before I would let her have it done. Even then I would wait until she brought it up to me first.

lol actually the piercing thing was a big bone of contention (for the ppl around us). the local old ladies (who were over the moon about having a new little one in the village) very well-meaningly kept HAVING A GO AT ME THAT SHE WASN'T PIERCED when she was NEWBORN! Because it was pretty and what if ppl thought she was a boy?

On the other hand, my family are asian and according to my mother - it's a sin to damage the body nature gave you - and by the way you can't marry the emperor if you have piercings/tattos/had operations!! (although in other parts of asia obviuosly it's different)

In the end we decided to wait until she was older and at 9 she has starting asking for her ears pierced. My rule for tattos was if I wanted it for 2 years then I would get it. I've given her the same rule. If she wants them when she goes to secondary school she can have them. Seeing as I have had ears/lip/nipple pierced I can hardly tell her piercings are bad lol

I don't personally like ears pierced on little babies, but that's just me. Prefer them on little girls when they're a little more grown up.

Your decision, though hun. Just make sure you go to a decent piercer rather than the likes of Claires.

I had 3 holes in each ear by the time I was 9 :haha:

I do think it's lovely if kiddies can get excited about it and look forward to it but often I've seen them freak out as soon as they go to get it done! They want it but it scares them to do it. Another advantage of having it done younger. Plus u can distract them with chocolate buttons :D

I'm not going to dwell on what people think of me Laura :thumbup: we all have different parenting styles and it's up to us to decide what's best for our babies :) everyone is entitled to an opinion but we're never going to all agree :)

Xxx

Wow! Were you allowed 3 in each ear at school? My girls have 2 in each ear now (my big girls, that is - 13 and 10), but they had to take one pair out for school! My 10 yr old wears 2 pairs in each ear to school now (she's not big on following rules!!) but my 13 yr old goes to a strict school, so hers have probably fully closed up now. Pissed me off. Waste of $30!!

Do you have other piercings now? Or just your ears? xxx

No teachers ever said anything about it :D I also had my cartilage pierced Twice by the time I started secondary/high school. Got my belly button done at 15, another cartilage piercing at 16 and my tongue done at 17 :)

Had it done! No tears involved, she just gave the lady the evils with her gob full of chocolate buttons :haha:

https://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/Gemble/b664197b.jpg

although i'm not normally a fan, I think she looks cute :)

I chose the teeniest ones :) she's hasn't touched them, or moaned about them yet :thumbup:

Xxx

The twins school hasn't said anything. I don't see a problem, as long as the studs are small.

Very cute! I went for the littlest gold studs... kind of wish Id got the diamond/pink stone ones though!

I chose the stainless steal ones as Evie's got sensitive skin so the 9ct gold ones would prob have too much nickel in them and irritate her :) I luv them! They havnt bothered her at all today and she's gone to bed fine :thumbup:

Xxx

im sorry but little girl babies with earrings are soo cute! vanity or not!:)

The twins had tiny little gold ones. They were actually the best earrings they had, they couldn't be undone easily either whereas all other studs I have used just come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->