Ear piercing =)

Did it affect her much Olivia? Sleeping etc?

I'm worried about how painful it'll be afterwards. I know alot of u guys don't agree with it anyway and prob think if I'm so worried why would I concider doing it but it's just something I think is better for her to get done sooner rather than later :D

Xxx

i personally couldnt. I cried and ran out of the room when LO got jabs! I wouldnt even consider getting anymore piercings myself (i have my ears done) im a big whimp! Tattoos however are a different matter!
For me of cause, not LO haha x

Me personally wouldn't, I hate taking mine for their needles lol!

I don't judge people for doing it though, everyone parents different :)

This is just my opinion, but I think it looks horrid on babies, really chavvy.

If willow wants them done when she's older I will let her as long as she understands about caring for them afterwards, and she'll have to save up her pocket money! It's her body and her decision.
Othe flip side I wasn't allowed piercings until I was 18...and I went a bit mental with them once I was "allowed" or more like noone could stop me,so I ended up with tons, most of which I no longer have!
I think there's a balance.

Oh and I second the no to Claire's accessories, I got a stud gun stuck in my ear from them, they had to remove it with a screwdriver.....go to a tattoo parlour x

I don't think it looks chavy.. Gold hoops maybe, but little studs are so pretty :)

Thankyou to everyone for ur opinions and advice :flower:

Xxx

I don't think studs look chavvy either xx

Did u find somewhere gem? Not long till her birthday :happy dance:

I think so! Gotta few more places to phone tomorrow :)

Xxx

I dont think they look chavy either. Besides there are ways of writing your thoughts on them without upsetting people, could just say I dont like them rather than write chavy.

I got Paiges done in Claires, had never heard anything about the whole training thing etc. Also, she couldnt get them done at the same time... well she could have if she sat still but she kept looking from one lady to the other, as if to say "what the hell are you doing in my face?!" SO She got one done, then the other! Saying that, both healed perfectly and didnt even go the tiniest bit red.

Im gona get slated for this... but She did have a pair of gold hoops that we got her to wear for her birthday.. they were the tiniest creoles I have ever seen. She had them in and went for her nap. When she woke up, one was gone. I ripped apart her cot, the floor, her clothes etc and it was nowhere. 15 minutes later she stuck out her tongue, and there it was!!! (I know, terrible mother and I learned my lesson, she never wore them again) SO definitely dont recommend anything but studs!

Also, they heal in 6 weeks, but you need to keep the earrings in for at least a year or so for them to totally heal up to the point they wont close up after taking them out. Paige had hers done for 8 months and one earring was out for the afternoon and the hole had already closed, so now she only has 1 earring.

at 10 months (you can see how tiny they really are)
https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312895_238680969520099_119302775_n.jpg

The mistake earrings... (oops)
https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/381456_277923302262532_645056535_n.jpg

Sorry didn't mean to cause offence by the term chavvy. Like I said only my opinion, but I will withhold in future.

Your child, your decision.

i dont think there is a right or wrong here, its what you choose to or not choose to do with your child. i think ear piercing a lo is fine. i had mine done at a year, my daughter had hers done at 3 and my lo is 15 months and will be getting hers done soon. i agree though dont go to just some shop that does ear piercings, i would go to a shop that specializes in baby piercings. i went to merle normans, not sure if its just in canada!:)

A few years ago I would have been one of those people who would have thought it was cruel and so on but you know what in the grand scheme of things it's not THAT big a deal!
:haha: how true. As my LO gets older I find I just don't care about stuff like this anymore. As long as its a reputable safe place then each to their own!

Personally, I think it's mean to get a baby's ears pierced. It's not for the baby that you're doing it, so why do it? I think that getting holes put in your child's body should be their decision to make when they're older.

ETA ... Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realise how against it I am!

I don't see it as mean.. It's tradition in my family :shrug: apart from that I admit the only reason to get it done is because it looks pretty. After all that's why most people have it done no matter the age. I just think that little ones heal quicker, are less likely to play with them and soon forget about it. I don't resent my parents in any way for getting mine done young. I'm glad they did :)

Ive thought about it alot and appreciate all opinions. That's why I started this thread for advice :flower:

Xxx

I don't see it as mean.. It's tradition in my family :shrug: apart from that I admit the only reason to get it done is because it looks pretty. After all that's why most people have it done no matter the age. I just think that little ones heal quicker, are less likely to play with them and soon forget about it. I don't resent my parents in any way for getting mine done young. I'm glad they did :)

Ive thought about it alot and appreciate all opinions. That's why I started this thread for advice :flower:

Xxx

I think that as well as putting them through unnecessary pain, even though only for a few seconds, I would worry about them ripping them out.

I remember having mine pierced when I was 7 or 8 or 9 (can't remember exactly now). It was something I was really excited about, and something I'd looked forward to for ages. I can still remember arriving home from school and mum telling my sister and I that we were allowed to have them done that afternoon!!!

My Gran had her ears pierced for the FIRST time at the age of about 65!!!

xx

The twins had their ears pierced at 9 months. I'd have had it done sooner only FOB and I were butting heads. He didn't want them done and I did. I ended up telling him he either comes or he doesn't but they are getting them done.

Personally, I don't dwell on what people think of me. I had mine done when I was a baby and so did my sister.

Chloe and Jaycee are my children and I didn't do it myself or get them a tattoo! I raise them, nobody else, if people wanna call it chavvy good for them. Judging me because I had my children's ears pierced is quite frankly ridiculous. My children are happy and healthy but suppose that don't matter because my children have their ears pierced we are chavvy and my children look like chavs. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->