Ear piercing =)

Mostly i think its pointless, because schools very often make children take them out anyways.

If I have a little girl then I'd consider it while they were young, I got mine done when I was 7 and I was far too aware of them, couldnt stop going at them and they always got tangled in my long hair until i had to have them taken out, it caused bad scar tissue and now I cant have them done anymore. My niece got hers done at 6 after spending a year begging her mum and she had the same problem of getting them caught in her long hair, hurting her during school and that. My youngest niece got hers done at 4 and she loves them, shes 6 now and doesnt remember it at all

When my little girls born I'm planning on getting her ears done around 6months. If she doesn't like them when she's older then she can always take them out.
x

No, not yet. It's common here in the US and a lot of my friends have little girls with them done but I decided to wait until my LO is old enough to understand and we can make a big girly day out of it. :D

alexa cried for literally 1 minute, if that. as soon as i picked her up she was fine. the doctor said that their ears are so thin while they are infants that it is nothing more than getting jabs.

Both my girls cried when they got them as it HURTS! I'm sure it does to get ears pierced too...Sorry comparing the two doesn't sit right with me

I had mine done when I was tiny, much younger than your LO. I wore them until I was about 11, then didnt wear them until I was 16 ish wore them til I was 18 and wear them less than once a year now.

When my daughter was five she begged me for them, I said we would ask Father Christmas to bring clip in's and if she still wanted them done by her sixth birthday (July) she could have them. She wore the clip ins for one day, said they hurt and hasnt warn them since. She has only mentioned getting her ears pierced one since then (she is now almost seven) and I reminded how much the clips in hurt and she soon changed her mind :rofl:

Also it isnt a case of always just taking them out. I think I've worn earrings three itmes in the eight and abit years since I become a Mummy and they still havent healed up :wacko:

Personally I wouldn 't. It's unnecessary and causes pain. If I had a girl I would wait until she was old enough to ask for herself. I don't like the way they look either. And around here only babies of chavs have their ears pierced. But I bet that's different all over the country. But it's still enough to put me off.

Also it isnt a case of always just taking them out. I think I've worn earrings three itmes in the eight and abit years since I become a Mummy and they still havent healed up :wacko:

I've probably only worn earrings about 10 times in the last 7 years since I had mine repierced and they still haven't closed either! I always expected them to close up but they never did!

Not until my children ask. Its not my body.
I had mine done twice as a kid, they got infected and i never had it done again. :)

My parents had a rule of no piercings till 16. I'm glad they did, I'm greatful not to have pierced ears. It isn't that common to not have pierced ears, but I've always liked being a bit different, and I'm glad I got to make that choice for myself :)

What a brilliant discussion, usually these degrade into slagging matches! So pleased it hasnt as it is an interesting topic.

Im not sure I would get my childs done as a baby, I dont honestly know why though, something about it doesn't sit right with me. That being said though, I have nothing against those who do!

I was made to wait until I was 16 to get mine done, it frustrated the hell out of me and come my 16th birthday, I got 3 sets of holes in my ears done out of spite lol. I knew at the age of 7 I wanted them done, and I knew what came with that but my dad said no repeatedly.

I think I want to wait until my child comes and asks me and then we can make a nice day of it, having them done for me was a massive occasion, it was the first time I was allowed to really make a choice to alter myself and it felt good! I would like to share that with my daughter/son :)

I have boys so I haven't had to think about it but I wouldn't get my daughters pierced at a young age (if I ever have one that is) as it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't really have an opinion on it either. Each to their own I say :)

I do remeber the day I got my ears first pierced though, clear as day!
I was seven and my Dad took me and my sister, she was 8.. I remember the pain and it was barable but still quite uncomfortable. I loved them, although they irritated me for a couple of weeks afterwards but I think that was more because I was such a wimpy kid lol. My sister didn't winge once!

When I was 14 I had my second hole done and I didn't even realise she had done at first as I didn't feel anything hardly, a yr or so of later and I got the tops and the middle bits of my ears done aswell.

Now I just don't wear any, I was about 19 and I just couldn't be arsed with any of them :haha: I'm 28 now and they've all closed up. Can barely see the holes!

x

Omg your LO was born the same day as mine & sane weight :o

I was considering getting my LO pierced at 6 months but decided not too because I thought she might catch them. I'm now thinking ill get them done when she's old enough to ask :).

Cx

Im glad this hasn't turned into a horrible discussion too, I was fully prepared to be slated for even concidering it after some of the threads I read on other websites.

She hasn't had it done yet. I am concidering all of the opinions of u lovely ladies :D I never thought it would be such a hard decision to make!! I'm gonna take a bit more time to mull over it.. :coffee:

Xxx

Jamie-Leigh got hers done the beginning of this year aged 5years. i so wish id done it when she was younger, she kept touching them, one got infected so i took it out (after the 6 weeks) and they closed up. so im gonna have to wait til shes older now so she knows not to fiddle with them. a baby wouldnt keep fiddling with them would they?

i reccomend somewhere tht does both at the sme time tho, like JL had. much quickr.

xx

I'm thinking of Claire's accessories as they do both at the same time :thumbup:

Xxx

I've read a lot that you shouldnt go to Claire's, go to a proper piercing place, which is as sterile as it can be, if you chose to get them done.

They get all the stuff out of an unused sterile pack, u have to buy the pack to get their ears pierced :D

I looked in our jewellers and it looked a but manky! The only other places round here are tattoo abd piercing studios :wacko:

Xxx

I got mine done at Claire's. At the same time.

And one of the guns got stuck, gave me the boke. I had already had my belly pierced at this point and my ears bloody hurt! I've had my tounge done since and I still stand by my ears being the crappiest.:haha:

Afterwards I discovered Claire's only do 1 day training on ear piercings. I find that pretty shocking and wouldn't take my kids there if I wanted them done.

For the record though, I'm just leaving it up to them like my mum did with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->