Ear piercing =)

Yeah the stuff might be sterile, but the surroundings arent. A good piercing/tattoo place the room will be cleaned and sterlised as much as it can be and not have lots people in the room whilst having the piercing done, which Claire's do.

Oh really?! I'm gonna ring them and ask about training..

Xxx

True tasha! I'll ring some tattoo places too :)

Xxx

I agree with Tasha, I just don't think Claires is the right place.

I just googled Claire's training to find out more, and I seen enough to say no way :/ eek.

Also gun piercings aren't normally recommended because they cause trauma to the tissue surrounding it.

Advice noted! *crosses Claire's off list*

I'll ring round some proper piercing places tomorrow and see what they say about guns and needles etc :)

Xxx

Although everyone seems to hate ear piercing on here i see so many babies IRL with it done:shrug:

Although everyone seems to hate ear piercing on here i see so many babies IRL with it done:shrug:

Really? I've only seen one this year. I guess it must vary from place to place.

I wouldn't go Claire's either. We took Jl to a little jewellers. They have been there years and it's where everyone in my family has had it done.

Hope u find someone gem, when arenu gettin them done. For her birthday? Xxx

I had mine done around 4, then again at 6, I really wouldn't do it before 7 ish really depending on the child, if they were like me I lost my earrings all the time and they closed up in less than a year of them being done, I had them done again at 6 and I wore them more often but still kept forgetting to put them on and I've had to re-pierce my right ear around 12 after begging and begging my mum that I'd look after them that time :haha: I was terrified but it only made my eyes water and felt really hot for about an hour afterwards :flower:

The way I see it is if it's not my body, then it's not my choice regardless of whether I've given birth to that person or not. It's still not a decision I would or could make for someone else without their consent or understanding of what is happening.

It might just only be ear piercing, but it's still something that's being done to the body and if it's not your own, personally, I don't feel it's fair to make decisions like that unless there is a medical need for it. :flower:

It's more of a tradition thing in our family, I don't think she'd hate me for it when she's older :shrug:

I don't know, it's a hard decision to make. I know not many people agree with it.. But as a parent we make lots of choices for our babies right? It's just a question of making the right ones :D

Xxx

My Mum did mine when I was younger than your daughter, and whilst I dislike them, I in no way hate my mum for doing it.

I had mine done for my 6th birthday. They never got infected or anything and i used to clean them myself every day (i was prompted to do it!). I probably wont get Erins done until she asks me. Simply because im not bothered about that kind of thing, its not something i would make a special point of doing unless it was for her birthday and she had asked. Ive not worn ear rings for several years. The holes are still there though (3 in each lobe by the time i was 12).

I had my daughter in Spain. Over there they have their ears pierced in hospital. It's totally up to you honey :) xx

I had my daughter in Spain. Over there they have their ears pierced in hospital. It's totally up to you honey :) xx

Wow that's shocking :nope:

As lovely I think it looks on small children I would wait until my daughter was old enough, and able to fully understand what it was before I would let her have it done. Even then I would wait until she brought it up to me first.

Amber had hers done when she was 3 as lots of other girls in nursery had them and she really wanted them done. My friend had her little girls done at 1 year and in alot of cultures they get done as a newborn go with what you feel comfortable with :)

If and when I ever have a little girl 100% - probably at about 3-6 months. A lot of little girls have little studs down here xxx

Personally and I am not saying I am right but in my opinion I think it is wrong. Chances are they will probably get their ears pierced anyway when they grow up but they must have the chance to make that decision for themselves.

My DD had hers done at 7 months. I had mine done at 5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->