Earliest you can hear heart beat?

Babyp17

Reaction score
Just wondering when the earliest any of you ladies have heard your babies heartbeat ? I will be 6 weeks 2 days for my first appointment. Not too sure what my doctor will all be checking besides blood work. :)

No at that point its still too early to hear it on the doppler as baby is still really small. You can hear it by 9-10 weeks at the earliest with a doppler.

6 weeks with a transvaginal, I did last week :)

I had an us at 7w3d and we heard the heartbeat

With my last pregnancy I had an ultrasound done at 6w5d and we heard the heartbeat. It was 130 bpm.

I had my first scan at 6w2d and heard the hb. GL

I guess it also all depends on how much belly fat you have if you do use the doppler or the scan. But yes i shouldve mentioned that the transvaginal shows it early for sure. I know those who weigh a little more may not hear it early or it takes a while.

Transvaginal they should be able to hear the heartbeat at 6+2. The first time I heard it with my home Doppler was 8+5, but it was very hard to find, and I didn't find it again until 9+4. I can usually find it on a daily basis now at 10 weeks.

I did a transvaginal scan this past MONDAY... no heartbeat... no fetal pole.. and they are saying im 6 +
LMP dec 24 2014

???
HCG is 10,000

but heard and saw just a sac... this isn't normal is it?

I did a transvaginal scan this past MONDAY... no heartbeat... no fetal pole.. and they are saying im 6 +
LMP dec 24 2014

???
HCG is 10,000

but heard and saw just a sac... this isn't normal is it?

What have they said?

At 6 weeks, some people do only seen a sac but I would kind of go on what your Doctors have told you.

I think the best thing usually is for them to do a follow up a week later because then they should be able to see growth.

Good luck <3

With me, I saw the heartbeat on an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 3 days and then heard the heartbeat on a sonoline doppler at 9 weeks exactly.

x

actually based on dates LMP dec 24 2014 I should be closer to 7 weeks.....
It was WEIRD
the DR said they didn't find a heart beat... so I asked miscarriage... he said well I don't know but it's early still.

well he said they didn't find a pole or heartbeat... but it's early still?
he said with HCG at 10,000 they would expect to see both ?

For me, my first exam was at 10 weeks and my doctor was barely able to find the hb with the doppler. He had to push my uterus up towards my abdomen and finally got it but once I heard it beating away I began to cry and tensed up, causing him to lose it :dohh:

Babyp17 - Not sure how early they can HEAR a hb, but they can normally locate it via transvaginal u/s by sometime on week 6. We saw ours at 6+2 flickering away on a transvaginal scan. Didn't get to hear it that early though.

Ethanandella - ok, here's the thing: it can be nothing to worry about and you may see your baby and hb in a subsequent scan, or it could be a blighted ovum. With a blighted ovum the sac develops and HcG rises normally as your body thinks it's pregnant, but no baby develops and it's basically a non viable pregnancy. I had that, but we didn't confirm it for sure until mid-way through week 8. Given that you are still on week 6, unfortunately you need to wait it out and see what happens, as it could go either way at this point. Sometimes it takes longer than usual to find a fetal pole on a scan and baby is still fine and healthy. Love that your doctor didn't try to scare you. Do you happen to have a tipped/retroverted uterus by any chance? Women with a retroverted uterus sometimes don't see their baby on scan until much later, sometimes not until week 8/9. For now it's a waiting game for you. Good luck, hopefully your little one is just hiding!

You aren't going to hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks, but you may get to see one, and that's a cool experience in itself. 6 weeks is still a little early, though. Some people, like me, ovulated later than my LMP indicated, so I'm always measuring "behind".

On a home doppler? I've seen videos hearing the HB at 7 weeks! I hope we are one of those :haha: on an ultrasound anything from 5 weeks but that's usually uncommon, seen more common from 6 weeks + xx

actually based on dates LMP dec 24 2014 I should be closer to 7 weeks.....
It was WEIRD
the DR said they didn't find a heart beat... so I asked miscarriage... he said well I don't know but it's early still.

I had an early scan at 7 weeks exactly from LMP. At the scan they said 5+4 and I was thinking that isn't right. She did a different angle and dated me at 6+1. All depending on the sonographer and the machinery is how accurate the scans can be. You could very well be a few days earlier which makes it less common to see anything but a sac. Happens so so often. :hugs:

A regular doppler like they will use at every appointment after 12 weeks usually can't pick it up until 12 weeks. I had a detailed ultrasound at 8+0 and they picked up a great 170 bpm heart beat. However with my first pregnancy I had a quick in the exam room scan with a portable sonogram at 10 weeks (it was an abdominal scan) and it didn't pick it up but we did see the heart beating. (I'm just posting for anyone coming in because they are wondering when they can hear the heartbeat)

well he said they didn't find a pole or heartbeat... but it's early still?
he said with HCG at 10,000 they would expect to see both ?
Its important to remember that your LMP isn't a definitive measure of how old baby is because you may have ovulated later than the average. It is still early and there have been many women in the same situation as you who went back to find a perfectly healthy baby as few days later. You'll just have to wait but try to stay positive.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->