Early 30's TTC #1

Fairy dust...baby dust...I don't care what kind of dust you give us as long as it brings us all BFP's!!! Good luck to you and I hope you have no reason to go see the Chinese medicine doctor after this weekend!!!

Thanks finallyready. I will start buying my tests online. I realized im spending way too much on the stores, and that was one of the reasons i stopped using opks.
Also, I always feel guilty when testing early for pregnancy, because then when af shows up i feel i have wasted more money. But with these tests i wont feel so bad :D

Girls!! Who is testing/ expecting AF this weekend??
AF is supposed to visit this friday!!! Im sooo nervous!!!!
I just checked my calendar, and i actually tried 3 times this cycle: cd10, cd12 and cd13... But no idea when i ov..
The one on cd10 was after dh went for his semen analysis, so i dont know how good the count was at that time... But im trying to stay positive without getting my hopes up...

OMG! Carolineeee!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you girl!!! :wohoo: I can't imagine your face when you saw your BFP!:haha:
That is great news!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

so tell us, did you do something different this month? how many times did you try around your fertile time?

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!! really happy for you.... wish you the best, and hope your pregnancy is an easy, healthy and happy one!:kiss:

Hey lovely, don't know if you saw my reply to this question yesterday - I'm guessing from your question on 'TTC since july' thread that you didn't... If you look back to the previous page it's on there...

Thanks so much hun, I just hope you can join me now... I hope there's no sign of evil witchy yet... Sprinkling loads of babydust over you... :dust: GL hun x

Girls!! Who is testing/ expecting AF this weekend??
AF is supposed to visit this friday!!! Im sooo nervous!!!!
I just checked my calendar, and i actually tried 3 times this cycle: cd10, cd12 and cd13... But no idea when i ov..
The one on cd10 was after dh went for his semen analysis, so i dont know how good the count was at that time... But im trying to stay positive without getting my hopes up...

Not me...waiting to O. Only CD9! Good luck to you though!

With a CONGRATULATIONS to Caroline! :happydance: Rub it off on us, girl! Rub, rub away and drown us in baby dust! I REALLY hope this becomes a lucky thread, and, as hopefulmama2b, says, that we're on a roll...All you can do is hope (but leave aside the expectations, for sanity purposes).

For Arianne: my TTC strategy has been all over the place (after a year plus it should be, right?) :winkwink: Anyway, when I was gung-ho in the Summer of '09 I temped (it just confirms that you ovulated) and took down info. in a chart. When that didn't work, I added peeing on a stick to the ol' repertoire. As for BDing, hubby and I have done it the day of, the day after, a week or so prior O (every other day), 2-3 days prior to O every day, etc. The only thing we haven't done (and we joke about it, but now after reading Caroline's post, I might have to seriously consider it!) is basically no sex and then wha-boom! the big one. :thumbup: I really don't even know if it's a matter of timing anymore, though; it seems to be luck...

Anyway, I haven't been doing anything this month (except one slip of a temp. check last weekend); other than the sex, of course. :winkwink:

For finallyready: I've been going to an acupuncturist since January of this year. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not pregnant yet. Does that help? On the flip side, my skin has cleared up a lot, although I still get bumps along the jaw line and neck on occasion. But it has vastly improved. Thing is, though, the acupuncturist doesn't think the problem is with me (more hubby) and he will not go in for needles! Chicken. :haha:

Okay, this probably 4 dpo gal is outta here. Congrats again, Caroline! WHOO HOO!! :happydance:

Hi Caroline! yes I read it! thanks!! so i guess i will try to do that this coming cycle.. if the witch shows up tomorrow:(
I am already sad, yesterday I cried, and DH told me that AF hasn't show up yet and I am already crying... but I feel it wont work again.... and again I will be sad and crying as I do every month :(
i am trying to keep busy doing other things, so i dont think about it... tomorrow I am going for the weekend to a ski resort, it will be nice, but if AF shows up it will be a terrible trip, I wont be enjoying it and I dont want to show it to DH, bc he is excited about it... plus we are going with a couple of friends, and they don't know we are trying, so it will be hard to try keep a fake smile all the time :(

Hi Caroline! yes I read it! thanks!! so i guess i will try to do that this coming cycle.. if the witch shows up tomorrow:(
I am already sad, yesterday I cried, and DH told me that AF hasn't show up yet and I am already crying... but I feel it wont work again.... and again I will be sad and crying as I do every month :(
i am trying to keep busy doing other things, so i dont think about it... tomorrow I am going for the weekend to a ski resort, it will be nice, but if AF shows up it will be a terrible trip, I wont be enjoying it and I dont want to show it to DH, bc he is excited about it... plus we are going with a couple of friends, and they don't know we are trying, so it will be hard to try keep a fake smile all the time :(

Aaaaw hun, I really hope you get your BFP tomorrow... I know how you feel though... I felt exactly the same the last couple of months... but try and stay positive - I'm sure that BFP is just round the corner!!!!
GL and I hope the evil witch doesn't arrive... let us know hun... big hugs....

Oh, and loads and loads of babydust to everyone :hugs:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

:hugs:Thank you CAroline!! I do hope soon I can go with you to the pregnancy forum!! :friends:

Girls, another girl from this forum got pregnant after 10 cycles... and the only thing she did different was BD the day of ov and then next morning... she said it was the only cycle she didn't BD prior to ov.... so maybe it is worth trying that next time? I think it makes sense, in terms of keeping a higher count, which has a big impact in getting pregnant...

Have a great weekend!!:kiss:

:hugs:Thank you CAroline!! I do hope soon I can go with you to the pregnancy forum!! :friends:

Girls, another girl from this forum got pregnant after 10 cycles... and the only thing she did different was BD the day of ov and then next morning... she said it was the only cycle she didn't BD prior to ov.... so maybe it is worth trying that next time? I think it makes sense, in terms of keeping a higher count, which has a big impact in getting pregnant...

Have a great weekend!!:kiss:

Thats exactly what I did hun... morning of Ov and the morning after! Every other month it's been at least every other day before Ov... It worked for me too - so maybe that's the asnwer...?!?! Although I don't know if I'd have managed to do that on purpose - it just feels like you should do it at much as possible and you're wasting opportunities if you don't :haha: but... hey? It worked for 2 of us obviously! :thumbup: Can't hurt to give it a try!!!! GL all x

Oh and arianne - wasn't your AF due today?!!?!?
Got my fingers crossed for you! Make sure you let us know! x

Hi ladies-- looks like you have been here awhile together but I'd love to join in. I'm 31 at TTC baby #1. (I kinda can't believe I'm 31! Ack!)

Anyway this was my first cycle trying-- I wasn't quite sure exactly when I ovulated, and peeing on sticks provided no clues-- my temps got messed up because I had to get up extra early one day for work and my temp was more than a degree lower than the surrounding days. AF is either due tomorrow, or next Wednesday, except that my cycle tends to vary between 23-28 days and my LP has consistently only been 7 days, but I started taking vitex and B6 this month, so I have NO IDEA what is happening. On top of all of this, I sometimes get PMS symptoms that are very much like pregnancy symptoms, including crazy moods, nausea etc. Today one bb is a little sore, my mood is a little off (actually having euphoric moments, not so much cranky), and everything smells really strong (tap water smelled like chlorine, turkey chili smelled strongly like dark meat etc), oh and I've been lightheaded, but these are all things that happen sometimes to me, so no way of knowing. The crazy thing is last month, before my IUD was removed I had the worst PMS of my life-- I was an absolute lunatic, my breasts were huge and so painful from ovulation to AF, and I was exhausted. But I wasn't pregnant!

Also kinda scared that even if it worked, due to how short my usual LP is, that it won't stick.:wacko:

Anyway, thanks for letting me share....

Arianne- So sorry to see that you're on CD2. Hang in there girl:hugs:

Caroline- How's the pregnancy so far? Any symptoms kick in yet?

Brinib1- Welcome!! Good luck on your ttc journey and I hope it's a short one! Have you talked to your doc about your short LP? I hope the vitrex and B6 help, just didn't know if there was anything more your doc could do? Good luck!

AFM, I am on CD 12. No pos opk yet. I'm thinking I will get one tomorrow or monday so I'm just waiting...

Question...How many kiddos do you guys want to have? Just curious since we are all about the same age what you would like if everything went as planned?

After having a mc I would truly and honestly feel blessed with one baby, BUT...if we're dreaming here I have always wanted 3. I know I'm running out of time, but that's what I've always wanted. DH has always been firm on just 2. He says we can't be out numbered. We've never debated the number because I just figured when the time comes if I still want a third we can deal with the issue then. But yesterday out of the blue he said "I've been thinking...it wouldn't be bad to have more than 2 kids. I think I'd like a big family." I play it cool, but on the inside I am jumping up and down with excitement. :yipee:Then he says..."But if we're going to have 3 or 4 we really need to get on it." :shock: Three or FOUR???? Holy cow!!! I never considered 4. Anyway...it just made me really happy because although we are "trying" technically he has been firm on not trying too hard and he says he just wants to let it happen without scheduling sex, ect. He knows I use opk, but just doesn't want to know every detail and make it a chore. But anyway I was happy to hear his enthusiasm. Like I said, honestly I would like A baby at this point so what ever happens happens. How many are on your wish list if we're dreaming here?

hopefulmama2b- I haven't talked to my doc yet, mainly because I went to a new gyn for my IUD removal and I didn't really like her- she was nice enough but kind of rushed and I didn't feel like she asked me enough questions. My GP is an Naturopath who is also a midwife so I will make an appointment to talk with her about it but I want to see how the vitex and B6 works first since I suspect that is what she would recommend.

As for how many kids I would like 2, maybe 3. I want to have the first two close together in age if possible so I think it will depend on how long it takes to have each baby and how I feel once I get to two! Twins run in my family so it's possible I could get a 2 for 1 special at some point :)

Hi Ladies - Welcome Brinibi1 :)

If I have a cycle of 28 days then AF should arrive today! However there is no sign of her yet. I took a test yesterday because we were going to an xmas party and I wanted to know if I could have a couple drinks or not...BFN! So today I sit with a BFN and no AF! UGH Back to SQUARE 1! Maybe AF last month wasnt really AF but a fluke of some sort? I dont' know. I've decided to stay positive and see what this week brings...if nothing then I am going to re-book with that Chinese Medicine Dr and maybe see if I can get on some Chinese Herbs.

As for how many kids I hope to have...I would love at least 2 and I agree I want them to be close in age! (within 1yr if possible) and then perhaps a 3rd! (No more than 3 no less than 2)... :)

Hi, ladies; I'm a bit bummy today. I feel like I am not pregnant and it's not as if that is surprising news at this point...but I always hope...and rational me knows that I shouldn't say that I am "not" until AF comes, but it's one of those days when you just want to sulk. Woe is me. You know?

I have slight breast tenderness. That's something that I developed over the past few months before AF; I didn't always get it. First time it happened about four or five months ago I thought it was an early pregnancy sign. No such luck.

I napped for two hours today, too. That is out of the ordinary, but it's probably due to going to bed too late last night (I'm one of those gals who needs eight hours of sleep!) :winkwink:

But I'm doing "the crazy" again - what are the symptoms 8 dpo? and looking them up on the 'net. SIGH. I really wish I could get this baby thing out of my system. :cry:

Enough of the blah. I hope everyone is having a great day! Back to work.
:flower:

Hey girls!
Af was 1 day late and I was already getting my hopes up... it showed up on sat :(
But I am worried because it was more like dark brown and very light... well my periods had always been light and short... but now I realized that it is more like dark blood, and I am starting to get concerned about it....

anyway... i'm entering cycle 6 now :(

Hey finallyready, I have a quick question, you mentioned you bought some opks from the makeababy.ca site... I am confused by the midstream and test strip ones... do you know if one is more accurate than the other? the midstream is more expensive, I am not sure why...

The difference between them seems to be the way urine is tested, the test strip is to be dipped into a cup, whereas the midstream test is to be used during urination... but I thought you could test either way, didn't know that there is a test for a specific way of testing! lol! does anybody here knows about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->