Early 30's TTC #1

No I have no clue the difference. I actually only ordered the PT's! (Still waiting for them to come in the mail) I should have them any day now.....Once those come then I'll go back and get some of the opks....sorry I can't help.

I have slight breast tenderness. That's something that I developed over the past few months before AF; I didn't always get it. First time it happened about four or five months ago I thought it was an early pregnancy sign. No such luck.

But I'm doing "the crazy" again - what are the symptoms 8 dpo? and looking them up on the 'net. SIGH. I really wish I could get this baby thing out of my system. :cry:

Soleil- I did exactly the same thing at the same point this month-- had breast tenderness, nausea, dizziness, but AF showed up this afternoon on schedule :( I did the crazy dance though too-- obsessing over signs online-- I also wasted money on tests earlier than I needed to. Oh well, there's always this cycle... Hang in there-- I'm feeling your pain. :)

Brinib1, so the crazy dance continues...but this month I'm experiencing a sensation I've never had before and I'm trying not to look too much into it, but it's really hard. I'm feeling my hopes go up :dohh:

And so I'm here, sharing with you gals just as means to get it out of my system so that I can move on with my day: since about 10:30 last night I have been experiencing this weird pain. It's sharp and it's waaay down low. It feels as if I'm being tweaked inside my uterus on and off, on and off. I actually woke up around 2am this morning and didn't fall asleep again until around 6am, just lying there, trying to ignore the weird pain, but also wondering - is this implantation? It was such an obvious dull pain that I just couldn't sleep...

Of course, because we've been trying since August of last year to get pregnant with no luck, I tell myself not to be stupid. AF is a-coming.

But this is new...

Breast tenderness has come back with a vengeance, too.

Someone please tell me that this is just my crazy, messed up reproductive system finding a new way to mess with my mind. Please. :cold:

Howling.

Hey Soleil....
Last cycle I had a similar symptom, and I was hoping it was implantation.... it was a very mild weird pain in my lower abdomen.... it was kind of off and on for a week... I never had that before... so I was kind of getting my hopes up.... but then AF showed up :( so I wonder sometimes if it was an implantation failure... maybe my lining is not strong enough... :(

Arianne, you and me both, girl. Mine lasted for several hours, but then the spotting began the next day. At first I thought it might be "implantation bleeding," but no such luck. I've been spotting ever since, as is the norm before AF, and my temps. are dropping big time. I'm not pregnant. I still wonder if it was implantation that didn't take. Sigh.
Talked to hubby this morning. We bought some pre-seed lubricant, and we're going to try it for a month or two and then we are going to stop TTC for a while.
Anyway, I see that you will be ovulating soon! Best of luck, my friend - baby dust times a thousand (and some sticky dust, too, if needed!) :dust:

Soleil don't count yourself out just yet.....I am on another forum on my itouch and this girl on their got your bfp at 19days after OV...she thought for sure she got AF but it was lighter than usual and tested on what she thought was cycle day 6 and viola a bfp...I've since done some research and found that it is actually more the norm to get a bfp a week or so after you expect AF rather than a few days before......Wishing you luck :)

Hey finallyready, i always hope that is my case! I also heard that the most accurate time to test is a week after af is due.

Girls have you heard of the baby aspirin thing? I think im going to give it a try next month if i dont get a bfp. It is supposed to help your lining and prevents early mc...
I know a friend who kept having mc until she started taking baby aspirin, she took it for the whole 9 months though, i would only take it until i get a bnp... Im suspecting my lining is too weak or thin :( so i'll see how it works... Will let you know:kiss:

Hey soleil! Dont stop ttc! I mean! Ok stop charting and symptom spotting... But keep bding girl!! You never know when will it come, so you dont want to lose opportunities... Just keep dbing Specially whenever you both feel like it, for a couple of cycles to have a break of all this ttc craziness, but dont let it go longer!

I have a friend who started trying when she was 33... It never happened and she thought she had to do some sort of fertility treatments, so she gave up and thought for sure she wont be able to have kids, but she was fine with that... Then this year she gave me a surprise, she was pregnant! We were all shocked! She thought all these years she couldnt get pregnant and she was looking into adopting... She is 39 now... She gave up way back when she was 35 and stopped trying, and look!
Her body was able to conceive naturally!

Haha i just realized i told you girls two stories in a row about my friends that struggle with pregnancy... In fact those 2 girls are the only ones i know had hard time conceiving, all the rest seems to not have any problems with that (or maybe they dont tell us) so i guess that is why i thought it shouldnt be this hard, i thought these two friends were just the exception and never thought i would struggle with it...the first one kept telling me to start ttc already bc it takes time, i wish i could have listen :(

Girls! It will be nice to make a list of all the girls that are on here, and keep track of who has gotten their BFP so far on this thread... I did it for the other thread I started https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/454820-ttc-since-july-2010-anyone-16.html#post8185549 some of you are on it too...
who wants to do the list for this one? I could, but not know... I feel I spent too much time today on bnb!:wacko: and I need to work! :D

Thanks for the cheers, finallyready. I don't want to seem like a bah-humbug person, but I have no hopes that I'll be getting a BFP this cycle. I'm going to look into Arianne's suggestion about baby aspirin, although I don't like taking medication if I don't have to - but I'd rather do that than spend $1800 on artificial insem. when I finally reach my wit's end next year! :wacko:

So my spotting stopped today. Don't get excited. Last month I spotted for three days, then for a full day it stopped, and then, boom, the next day my period came. So, I am totally expecting AF tomorrow.

Does anyone else spot before their period? Brown spots? Enough for a pantyliner each day? It drives me nuts. It makes me think that even if I ever got pregnant, the baby wouldn't stick b/c I just start 'disintegrating' well before AF actually begins. Argghh. :growlmad:

Here's to hoping for some good news over the next month from you gals. :flower:

Yep, I always get spotting for 1-2 days before my true period starts, and sometimes I have a hard time figuring out exactly which day is "day 1" because it just gradually gets heavier, and then gradually fades out. Just finished reading "Taking control of your fertility" and was alarmed that she said a period should be about the same heaviness the whole time. Mine are always heavier in the middle and lighter at the beginning and end!

DH asked me today why we did not get pregnant last month-- our first trying! He had no idea that it could take a long time. No wonder, all of us, but especially boys are so conditioned to believe that you can get a girl pregnant if you have sex once without birth control (and when you are 15 that is probably true). Trying to balance keeping him informed with not stressing him out or making it a chore.

Has anyone else tried the saliva testing thing? I got one and tried it this am-- not expecting to see ferning yet but I couldn't really see anything at all.

You know I think the waiting to ovulate again part is almost as bad as the waiting to see if you succeeded. I've never been great at waiting. :)

I just wanted to add that baby aspirin (all aspirin) is really hard on your stomach lining so if you have any stomach issues, digestive problems, food allergies or history of ulcers you should probably steer clear :)

Ladies, I am on here again this morning. I am now 15 dpo and no AF! For the second time I took a test and :bfn: What the 'hey'?! Next weird thing. When I temped on Sat. my temperature was 98.0, when I temped this morning it was 98.3 and a half.

WHY IS MY BODY DOING THIS TO ME?!

With the exception of last month, my LP is usually 13 days long (last year when I began TTC it was from 11-12 days). Last month it was 14! So I know that AF will arrive today...but dang it. I have hopes going up here. But if rational me would just sit back, the BFN this morning should tell me something, right?

Ay yi yi. I am going to dread going to the bathroom today; praying that no :witch: is hanging out on the TP, smiling up at me. SIGH.

Sheer madness.

Oh, and brinib1, thanks for bringing up the point about aspirin being hard on the stomach. More things to consider, should I have to go there. :dohh:

Arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[BTW, thanks for also sharing about the spotting situation...I might start a thread on spotting alone to see what others' doctors have said about it].

Ok; I've been writing enough. Sorry! :flower:

Hi guys, I had a rough week last week so was MIA from the forum a lot. The holidays are just kicking my ass as far as ttc goes. Being around family and their constant questions. It's so hard because we only told our immediate family about the miscarriage and so extended family just keeps inquiring to see if we're trying yet and they've been laying it on rather thick. Ugh...it'll all be over soon I guess. Meanwhile, I am 7 or 8 dpo and plan to test Friday. I'll keep you updated. Add me to your list!

Also, those of you spotting before AF....I think you should talk to your docs. I think it's not too big of a problem to fix, but I think it's a sign of a luteal phase defect and it's not considered "normal". Who was taking the otc meds to help that?? Soliel?? Not to be negative, but if the doctor can help and that helps you get pg, then it's worth it!!! :hugs:

I've never done the saliva test either.

hopefulmama2b - :dust:

I feel for you about the constant questioning. We had that for several years before we were even TTC. They gave up on us, which is great b/c now no one bothers us with questions. So we can try in peace. :thumbup:

My husband got to the point where he said 'Let's just tell them that we can't; that should shut them up.' But we never went there. :winkwink: Hopefully his thought didn't jinx us so that's why we're having problems TTC now! :shrug:

hopefulmama2b and the rest of the crew, I will keep you posted :flower:

I just wanted to say that this turning into one of the longest days of my life...AF either needs to come or I need to get a BFP. Where's my body's holiday spirit?! This ain't fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->