Early January Mum's

I failed my little pin prick blood sugar test and had to have my 3 hour one.
It was fine nice to be sat in the quiet for a few hours and I passed this one so try not to worry hun! xx

I had my 2 hour GTT yesterday... not sure if I will pass or not and not really sure what happens if I dont because it was a two hour test already (do they have longer test periods?) Both of my arms are all bruised from the needles though and yeah, it was nice being able to sit and do nothing for a couple of hours... a good job I had my DH with me to keep me entertained (we have a very childish sense of humour and laugh at the most random things!!)

Anyways, feels like the SDP symptoms have cleared up loads and not really sure what I have been doing to prevent the pain and have been able to go back to work?! Being back in the office makes me look forward even more to going off to have LO though and cant wait... only 6 weeks left now and I see from the ticker this morning that I am a small pumpkin :happydance: (I dont look or feel like a small pumpkin is in my tummy though hahahahaha)

Hope you all have a nice day ladies :flower:

Anybody really tired? I'm knakered all the time. My little man took his first steps yesturday!!!! So exciting :)

I've slept maybe 12 hours in the past three days. I can't keep this up anymore. I'm exhausted and I don't know what to do. I just read that lack of sleep can raise blood sugar levels and I have my three hour glucose test this morning. :cry: What if I fail just because I can't sleep??

I've only just seen this thread now! I'm due on 6th Jan.

I'm really starting to feel it now, I'm tired, constantly hungry but can't eat much, achy and I've not been able to get rid of this cold for about 2 months now! I'm counting down to my last day in work (which is the 11th or 12th December - not decided yet!)

Oh no hope all you ladies get some sleep soon!

I got my new appointment and got advised for a c-section being booked for the 21st of December.

xx

Sleep shouldn't have any effect on the GTT.... At least there is only a few more weeks until baby should be here, so there would be an end IF u were positive. My gf found out she was REALLY early and had to follow the diet from 12ish weeks.... That seems so much worse!

Lack of sleep can cause increased blood sugar levels, so there really is a possibility I could fail.

Well try to go for a walk before or during the test since it will help bring it down anyway.

I wasn't allowed for mine - they were pretty strict though....

when are you ment to have the glucose test? i havent had one?

Ive had my growth scan today and baby looking great :) :) got another in 4weeks but consultant said hes pretty happy with how things are

U might not need one, apparently in the UK they only test if ur BMI is over 31....
Here they test everyone no matter what size.....
Usually between 24-30 weeks.

My dr. said it was supposed to be done at 28 weeks, but I got mine done at 29, then the 3 hour one done today, at 29+6.

I thought I was supposed to get another scan too, but I haven't yet. :shrug:

Thank you Sambatiki.
I hardly slept last night. I had back pain and felt some cramps.

Mrs A - Good luck with the GTT test. Not sure about the SPD but I suffered with my back and hips early on in the pregnancy. Im sure it was down to the Osteopath but I also think baby moved position and took the pressure off.
Happy Squash week!!! Although I think this is another one that we get stuck on for a few weeks! :grr:

Leelouclaire - I feel your pain with the tiredness... I found week 30 such a struggle. I hope its just a blip and we get some energy.... AND sleep soon x

Febbride - Sorry hun will send you that list! Keep forgetting xxx

Duckytwins - Hope you have managed to have a good nights sleep :hugs:

Bgd - Hi and welcome! What team are you on and I'll add you on xx Im breaking up the week beforehand but starting to wonder if I can last that long!

Mrs B - YAYYY great news on your section date!!! Do you want me to change you on the front page! First one out of our little/big group to have their baby so far as we know!!! Exciting!!

KatM - Fab news on the growth scan hun!! :yipee: I dont think everyone in the UK has a GTT test.

Joygirl - No worries. Hope youre feeling better today xxx

AFM - Ive taken the day off work as yesterday I broke down and cried again under the pressure. I feel so embarassed but Im struggling with the lack of sleep, extra workload and going in at 6am in the morning. Im going in on Sunday to catch up, but the office will be quiet as there wont be anyone in. Hoping this will make me feel better on Monday. Week 30 certainly has been hard going, I thought I'd be struggling at the end... say 36 weeks or so? Please tell me this is a blip! xxx

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Lots of love xxxx

Ive taken the day off work as yesterday I broke down and cried again under the pressure. I feel so embarassed but Im struggling with the lack of sleep, extra workload and going in at 6am in the morning. Im going in on Sunday to catch up, but the office will be quiet as there wont be anyone in. Hoping this will make me feel better on Monday. Week 30 certainly has been hard going, I thought I'd be struggling at the end... say 36 weeks or so? Please tell me this is a blip! xxx

Oh noooo! :hugs:
Is there no way to decrease your hours or anything? 6am is bad especially if your working a full day. Can you start on half days or half the week? Your body needs rest hun, to grow that baby up... Maybe time to start thinking about maternity leave?
I can't comment on struggling with work i'm so lucky that i'm just a house wife and my fella is always around to help me with everything. I've found that since I've been having a nap every single afternoon and in between if it's needed I've felt a million times better. Maybe have a snooze in your car on your dinner break?
Don't work you self too hard a job isn't worth making yourself so tired and drained. I was running myself to the brink before I got pregnant trying to everything at home with my little boy and going to school full time. When I found out about this pregnancy I knew it was time to stop and take a break.
I can't comment of if it's a blip or not but i'll keep everything crossed that it is :thumbup:

Yeah you can change it if you want but the day may still be changed to the day before or after yet depending on whether or not there are loads of people when I go back on the 7th. Am so chuffed I just want it over with and I feel like it's do-a-ble now. Only 8 weeks to struggle through and then it's over :thumbup:

xx

Mrs B - I could do that but we really cant afford for me to just yet as we're in the middle of buying a house. It will also effect my 90% pay for the first 6 weeks. I wish I could bring it forward but I also dont want to leave my colleagues in the crap. Im hoping after a nice day off today and tomorrow I'll be feeling better. I'll leave your date for the mo then and see what happens. Thanks for your kind post :hugs:

At least you can rest, get them feat up and read a magazine :)
Keep us updated I hope your feeling better soon and if you ever want a rant i'm always here. <3
xx

Mrs B - Thanks hun xxx Im having a MAMMOTH bnb catch up :haha:

Aw bless ya, i must admit thats why im leaving work as early as i can,ive been finding it hard work with early starts or late finishes..im sure your collegues would understand if you left a little earlier?

ahh that might be why i havent had one then :)

duckytwins, do you see a consultant? i wasnt expecting extra scans except the early one but when we saw consultant after 20weeks he booked us in for a 28 week one then again yest for a 32week one,im glad they keeping an eye on things though..defo ask about it with your history,im not sure wher your from :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->