Early January Mum's

I'm sure it is a temporary blip Sambatiki, I have some days where I just feel huge and all this extra weight and all my organs being really compressed makes me so uncomfortable and I really feel like crying. But then I have other days when I feel really well and almost forget I'm pregnant.

I think working full time too doesn't help - in a way it's a good distraction and a good way to pass time, but I get home from a long day and I'm just exhausted and ready for bed! I sometimes wonder how it'll be at 38 + weeks! But I do think it'sa case of getting through the harder times and making the most of the easier times.

As for the glucouse test in the UK, it's not something which everyone has to have. If I can remember, I think it's if you have a higher BMI or a family history of diabetes (or if your wee shows up any glucose) where they give you the test, otherwise you won't have it :)

Kat - How many weeks pregnant will you be when you go?

Mrs Mel - Thanks. Im hoping 31 weeks will be better. Another reason I dont want to leave too early is that I dont want to get bored! I think it will be different when we're moving house but atm we're at my step dads so havent got many of our own things here iygwim.

Kat - How many weeks pregnant will you be when you go?

Mrs Mel - Thanks. Im hoping 31 weeks will be better. Another reason I dont want to leave too early is that I dont want to get bored! I think it will be different when we're moving house but atm we're at my step dads so havent got many of our own things here iygwim.

Yep, completely understand - I'm working up until almost 38 weeks, as I know I'll just get so impatient and bored waiting around at home xx

duckytwins, do you see a consultant? i wasnt expecting extra scans except the early one but when we saw consultant after 20weeks he booked us in for a 28 week one then again yest for a 32week one,im glad they keeping an eye on things though..defo ask about it with your history,im not sure wher your from :) xx

I'm in the US, no I haven't seen a consultant, just my OB. He mentioned a scan at the appointment before last, then it never happened. Not sure why.

Hey ladies! That's me home from my holidays :). Had an amazing week away in the sun with hubby - just what we needed :). Apart from the dreaded "cankles" and feeling rather tired in the heat and discovering a 3lb weight gain when I got home (oops!), we had a great time. Just having a big BnB catch up now :).

Welcome home, chatty!

And happy new fruits/veg to those of us who are moving on!

yey for being a squash today :)

Well my last day to work is next Tues then im taking holidays so ill be 32 weeks when i start maternity, i defo wont be bored am always running about in a rush anyway so am looking forward to slowing down a bit and getting the house right and going to try get in the gym a bit cause havent had time,also got some training to do with the dogs,then there Toms birthday and xmas them bam its January!!!xx

I've not checked in a while and have had loads to catch up on!

Kat, your pregnancys sound like mine, no symptoms with my ds, and sickness and tiredness this time, and boobs have grown huge this time but no change with ds. Here's hoping we get a girl too!

We've still not decided on names. It's probably Ellis for a boy but unsure of middle name but no choice for a girl yet. Suppose we better start 'negotiating' soon!

I can't believe how close we all are to meeting our little ones! I suppose it's time for me to order the crib and such. lol. I have been slacking because we really don't need very much (our son is only 21 months and we still have everything from him). If i don't get on it i'm going to start panicking. Crib set, baby monitor, and small misc items are all we need. Starting to get REALLY excited !!!!!!! :happydance:

5 weeks today until I start maternity leave yaaaay

It's all coming together really quick ain't it ladies, we'll have to start guessing baby weights and dates soon! xx

hey

I cant wait to be not so darn tired and to have my body back!!! So with baby like less then 10 weeks away , so excited and anxious to hold my lil man!! :)
And xmas is like what 8 and half weeks away or something!!!!!! I really hope this baby comes after xmas time!!!! Went out to the store and bought some Disney wrapping paper today!! I can start wrapping my DD presents soon :D Wanna get that done soon before i dont feel like doing anything at all !!!! Got my 30 week check up with my new doctor on monday, hope all goes well :)

We have finally decided on a pram!! Its only took months of going backwards and forwards to mothercare and other shops and hours of research on the internet. Were getting the Graco Evo, in lime. Do you think the colour is okay as we dont know what sex the baby is?

We havent ordered it though as my husband said to the girl in mothercare that he has found it cheaper on the internet and she has said if you come in with proof they will price match it so hes on the net at the minute seeing how far he can get the price down then were off next weekend to buy it! Really excited.

Just need to get a cot, wardrobe and stuff now. Hope it doesnt take as long to choose as we only have 10 weeks left!

Hope everyone is feeling good, and having plenty of rest over the weekend!

Hi Ladies!

Hope youre all having a nice weekend. DH and I have been into town and bought some bits and pieces for the new house and a couple of christmas pressies. Tonight we're either off out for a meal with friends or staying in with a chinese and fix factor. Working tomorrow to make up for not going in on Friday but its OK because I can take me Ipod and there wont be anyone in to bother me! Monday I have my 31 week GP appointment, whooping cough and flu jub. Tuesday I have a dentist appointment for a filling! Havent I got a lovely week ahead :haha:

Mrs Crad - We have bought the Oyster and got the carrycot in lime green so I think its PERFECT! I dont think 10 weeks is that bad to get everything... we havent even got our house yet! :haha: You'll be suprised as to how quickly it all comes together.

Mommy K - Its going to be Jan before we know it isnt it! Esp with so many exciting things going on beforehand. I think we are all lucky in that we will be busy when normally people are getting bored waiting iygwim. There willl be plenty to do in those last few weeks..... not to mention SALES to get some decent bargains!

Poppy - :yipee: :yipee: I bet you cant wait!!

Felicity - Thats not so bad if you have most things. Just a big mammoth laundry session!

Melly welly - :hi: I like the name, not heard of it before.

Chatty - welcome back! Glad you had a lovely time xxx

Mrs B - I cant wait to know who's going to be first!

Ducky twins - How do you know its a head! I have no idea which bits are which!

Does anyone get a stitch like pain going down the bottom of their bump? Mine is when I have been walking for a while.

yea i get really bad stitches when i walk the dogs,have to walk really slow!!

mellywelly,its so strange that they can be different isnt it, imsure this one wiggles more aswell!! sometimes it really hurts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->