Early January Mum's

We had a busy weekend. A friend of ours invited us to her hometown's Winterfest on Saturday. Frosty the Snowman, Santa and Mrs. Claus came and then there was a parade of decorated fire trucks! Then we went to eat at Friendly's. It was fun, but soooooo cold! We walked around (and stood) a lot, so I was pretty sore when we got home and had a hard time sleeping.

Yesterday, we ran errands and did a little more Christmas decorating. I'm still coughing like crazy and it hurts. Today, I'm so swollen, I feel like a balloon animal! My hands, feet, ankles and legs are so tight, they hurt. My socks are making dents in my ankles and I can't get my feet into any shoes.

So we DTD earlier, very gently because of how painful my SPD has been, and the BH and sickness on top of it..

Int he last hour and a half Ive been having really sharp pains across my pelvis, I can barely get up it makes my eyes water. Im pretty sure its just a mixutre of BH, SPD and the baby being so low hes prbably pressing a nerve...

I guess it if doesnt go away I'll have to take a trip to the hospital, Ive not felt this much pain so far in the pregnancy :(
Ohhh no! Hopefully it calms back down and doesn't continue.... Maybe a hot bath?
Not sure since the last post was quite a few hours ago! But good luck!

I had a hot bath but couldnt get out because of the pain, so had to yell for my DH to lift me out the bath and put me in bed :nope: he was so worried about me. luckily I fell asleep pretty quickly, I woke up a lot during the night due to my toddler having a night terror and then kept waking himself up. But luckily my hips and pelvis arent so painful i cant walk today, just achey sore. Gonna try another hot bath now I just finished work and the toddler is napping.

Im ready for bed though to be honest and its only 6pm!

oh and made two new baby gear buys! We took the Air 65 car seat back and got the Guide 65 instead which is much smaller, it still wont work for the newborn as it reclines too far to fit, but does work perfectly for the toddler rear facing, and the newborn will get the toddlers MyRide 65 which doesnt recline as far back!

(also the Guide 65 was $84 cheaper! bonus!)

We also picked up the snugabunny swing which looks SO comfy I wish they made one for adults!!!

Some of the things they make for babies and kids, they totally need to make for adults too!!! We need to be comfy too, don't we?? :haha:

Was wondering if any of you ladies knew a good brand of breast pads to buy ?
Not sure which type of brand to go with, as there are so many on the market!
Any suggestions on what to buy ?

I have Avent ones from when the boys were born that I never got to use. I can't imagine the brands are much different. I think it's more about whether you'd rather have disposable or not. :shrug:

Was wondering if any of you ladies knew a good brand of breast pads to buy ?
Not sure which type of brand to go with, as there are so many on the market!
Any suggestions on what to buy ?

They are all pretty much the same when it comes to disposable. I leaked a hell of a lot with my first son and had to change them every 15 minutes or double them up. I tried avent and lansinoh and settled on walmart own brand because they worked exactly the same, were cheaper and I had to buy lots!

Omg I just realised I haven't brought any breast pads and there was me thinking I was all ready!
Had midwife yesterday bump is 3/5 engaged and boy don't I know it. Had false labour twice over the weekend and with losing bits of my plug been put on a sex ban for a week :haha: couldn't be the furthest thing from my mind.

Hope all you ladies are ok :)

I've got an appointment today 34/35 weeks and I know that my little one's not engaged yet - I think she/he is heading in the right direction, the hiccups are down low but they're still to the side and not quite low enough yet! Hurry up baby, get into the right position, lol!

I've just washed and put away their clothes, just how cute are little newborn sleep suits and vests?! x

I've spent an interesting morning in the assessment unit as Fidget wasn't as Fidgety this morning. I was on the monitors for over an hour as his beat to beat variability on his heart trace wasn't great. He was still pretty quiet but started picking up after 40 minutes and his trace improved ... Was dreading having to stay in but they've let me go home. He's still being quiet but moving more than he was earlier. Midwife thinks its because I'm loaded with this cold and not sleeping well - maybe Fidget is just sleepy too.

I'm to keep an eye on him and go back in if I'm concerned. I'm planning on spending the next few days on the sofa, under the duvet and trying to rest as much as I can!

Chatty so glad that everything is ok :)
Get lots of rest and drink lots of water and enjoy a day on the couch :)

Glad to hear everything is ok with LO.... Get lots of rest/ fluids and hope it clears up quickly!
I've started to come down with a cold after a busy weekend, staying up pretty late.... Throat is killing me, runny nose - feeling like crap :(

And to top it all off, hubby got laid off yesterday - ohhhh my life is just going so well :dohh:

Hope your feeling better soon ChattyB

JCh i'm sorry about your hubby, hope your okay xx

chatty, glad to hear everything seems to be okay. Getting some rest will help!

J, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you can feel better soon. And I'm sorry about DH. Mine was laid off when I was pg with the boys. It was scary, but it all worked out. I hope he can recover quickly.

AFM, I had my first "delivering baby" dream last night. I was in labor in the hospital, being wheeled through the hallways, but right before I was going to go in to give birth, the dream ended and I started a new dream about Peyton Manning!!! What the...???

Today, baby doesn't seem to be moving much at all. This is not normal. I usually have a TON of movement around this time. Then all of a sudden, I got this terrible cramp. Now, it's just kind of achy. I think I am going to go up in a bit and try the doppler. Not sure how much comfort that will bring though....

Have something sugary/ cold - like orange juice... Lay on ur left side and count kicks?

I actually don't have any orange juice :( I had a little bit of chocolate, which usually does it. I got one thump and that's it...

Hrrmmm Ducky! I'd say speak with ur doc/ MW and ask them... How long have u been waiting for some movement?
I had this happen back a few weeks ago - baby was having a really sleepy day or something and didn't "wake up" until 4 hr later than his usual time.... Baby might just be having one of those days....

Hi Ladies,

Im so sorry I have been AWOL loads going on. Today we found out the house is sorted!!! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: We should be in for christmas!! I am so relieved. Had MW appointment yesterday and baby is measuring a week ahead so has slowed down since last week and I havent put on anymore weight :thumbup:

Ducky - If it doesnt seem right defo speak to your MW. It isnt worth any chances. I went in at 27 weeks and it just G having a quiet day but the MW's said I was right to go in xxxx Let us know how you get on xxx

JCH - Im so sorry about DH what an awful time for it to happen. Has he been there long enough to get any redundancy? I really hope he finds something very soon x Get better soon... I've only just got rid of my cold too :hugs:

Chatty - Im sorry Fidget has given you a scare :hugs: So pleased he's OK xx

Mrs Mel - Hope all went well with your appointment. I havent started washing yet but I cant wait!

Rockelle - Hope youre now stocked up! How exciting that youre losing your plug. I think you might be going before me xxx

Mrs B - Hope youre OK xxx

Not sure if I have missed anyone as I had about 5 pages to catch up on :haha: But hope youre all well xxxx

I definatly recommend getting checked out if baby isnt moving much, I waited 24 hours once to try nd get baby to move, went in got checked out everything was fine BUT the nurse gave me a right telling off for waiting!

I felt like I was being silly about worrying, but at the end of the day its not worth the risk to wait!

I havent bought any newborn clothes yet...really need to get round to doing that! I have all my sons 3month + clothing, but we gave all his nwborn and 0-3 month to a friend when she found out she was expecting a boy. I dont plan on getting much though, had WAY too many clothes last time, He'll practically live in sleepsuits for the first couple of months anyway.

Also need to order the swaddles, they were a lifesaver for the first 4 months of my toddlers life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->