Early January Mum's

Ooh and its all helping to add to my 40,000 posts by 40 weeks mission I have set myself :haha:

Ooh and its all helping to add to my 40,000 posts by 40 weeks mission I have set myself :haha:

I have a loooooong way to go to catch up!

Yes, I'm working up until 37 weeks. I chose that day as it's the last working day of the year for me - so I can have the long Christmas break all paid and then start my mat leave on the 2nd Jan. I did plan to finish earlier, if I was struggling, but *touch wood* so far I'm feeling good still and fine to continue :)

Really looking forward to the Christmas break though! More than ever :D x

Hi ladies,

Hope all is well, Ive had a bad cold for the last couple of days so Ive been dying but now I seem to be starting to feel better.

Got to put my xmas decs up today as I have finally finished work!!! Feels xmasy now!

Ive not had any BH or anything, starting to feel uncomfy now when I walk and trying to get comfy in bed is a struggle now.

Cant believe Ill be 36 weeks on Sat, Im sure this baby is to comfy and will be late though.

Thanks for the TEENS machine link, Im off to have a look as Im thinking of getting one X

Im working till I go into labour! Due date is Jan 10th so I still have plenty of working days ahead of me yet.

I dont pack the hospital bag till Im in labour - silly I know but it helps me concenrate positive energy.

Doing an early shift this morning (on my day off) and of course last night my toddler didnt go to sleep till 2am so ive had about 3 hours sleep *yawn*

Hello ladies!! I'm currently 36w 2days with my first baby. I'm due January 1 and up until today I had a breech baby. Found out today she has finally turned and stopped being stubborn! I'm not going to lie. I'm a little bummed that I'm not gonna have her early, but I'm just happy that either way she will be here before I know it :)

Hello ladies!! I'm currently 36w 2days with my first baby. I'm due January 1 and up until today I had a breech baby. Found out today she has finally turned and stopped being stubborn! I'm not going to lie. I'm a little bummed that I'm not gonna have her early, but I'm just happy that either way she will be here before I know it :)

Hello! Glad she's turned for you :)

Ducky - I updated for you :hugs: COuld they not bring your c section date more forward? How many weeks will you be on NYE?

Oh how I wish they could! I'll be 39+3 on NYE. I asked about another date and they had nothing available to schedule. If I go earlier than NYE, they'll take me, but they couldn't make another date :(

I told my dr the other day, when he saw me at the hospital and he was like "They're making me work on New Year's Eve!?!" Maybe since he's not thrilled with it, I can get them to change it??? :shrug:

Mummy B - HOw are things with you?

I am supposed to be tidying away the laundry and loading CD's on to Itunes ready for D day..... but BNB is far too distracting :haha: DH has gone out to get his hair cut so I do need to get motivated pretty soon... or he will know I have done sweet FA :haha:

Haha Sambatiki Don't worry your on leave now time to start doing FA till baby comes :coffee: get them feet up!!
What kind of songs are you thinking of having on you labour CD?

Me? Mentally I'm doing really really well now staying postive :thumbup:
Physically I am getting worse again, had 3 bad nights of no sleep and moving has once again become impossible but I'm not letting it get me down as there are only 15 more days of Hell and then i'll be free to enjoy my babies and Christmas again :happydance:

Oh how I wish they could! I'll be 39+3 on NYE. I asked about another date and they had nothing available to schedule. If I go earlier than NYE, they'll take me, but they couldn't make another date :(

I told my dr the other day, when he saw me at the hospital and he was like "They're making me work on New Year's Eve!?!" Maybe since he's not thrilled with it, I can get them to change it??? :shrug:

Ducky have you seen my prediction, I think you'll go early by yourself. I'm guessing 19th of December. I'll keep my fingers crossed your Doctor brings it earlier for you though just incase :hugs:

Mrs Mel - I saved 18 days holiday out of my 21 so that I could get paid as much as I could before baby arrives. Do you get SMP or has your company got a package for you? I think I could have gone to 37 weeks but I must admit I am starting to get tired now.

Mrs Crad - YAYYY for starting Maternity leave!!! :yipee: Its a wonderful feeling isnt it. I agree about trying to get comfy at night such a nightmare.... and then finally when you do get comfy you have to get up for a wee :haha:

Pepsi - Have you got much time off over xmas?

Tracy - :hi: and welcome! Im also due new years day! Glad baby has turned!! :yipee:

Ducky - Sorry I forgot you already said about the date xx Is your name down for a cancellation?

Mrs B - Ive got the keep calm and relax CD on there, Kylies new accoustic one and my wedding daytime music. My friend is also lending me his HUGE collection of R1's live lounges. Im just uploading all our stash..... Example, Now Cd's etc :haha: I'll let you know what ends up on there in the end.

sam - nope! Christmas day I have off...but nothing else beside my 2 usual days off a week (sundays and thursdays) I work all new years too!

Pepsi - What do you do? Also noticed youre from the US, dont think you guys take as much time as we do over here for xmas :(

Got my growth scan 2morrow morning! Looking forward to seeing how our lil man is doing :)

Mrs Mel - I saved 18 days holiday out of my 21 so that I could get paid as much as I could before baby arrives. Do you get SMP or has your company got a package for you? I think I could have gone to 37 weeks but I must admit I am starting to get tired now.

Mrs Crad - YAYYY for starting Maternity leave!!! :yipee: Its a wonderful feeling isnt it. I agree about trying to get comfy at night such a nightmare.... and then finally when you do get comfy you have to get up for a wee :haha:

Tracy - :hi: and welcome! Im also due new years day! Glad baby has turned!! :yipee:

Ducky - Sorry I forgot you already said about the date xx Is your name down for a cancellation?

Mrs B - Ive got the keep calm and relax CD on there, Kylies new accoustic one and my wedding daytime music. My friend is also lending me his HUGE collection of R1's live lounges. Im just uploading all our stash..... Example, Now Cd's etc :haha: I'll let you know what ends up on there in the end.

Thanks! i'm excited that she has turned as well. this is my first and I wanted to experience a normal child birth and not a c-section

Hi all!

Trying to get caught up on the thread but got a little too overwhelming for me!

Set our Christmas cards out, wrapped all of DDs presents, washed and put away LOs baby clothes, have diapers in stock and breast pump ready to go! Will put together my hospital bag this week as my doctor thinks I will go a bit early.

What do you ladies think? One of my best friend's is getting married on Dec. 29 two and a half hours away. I will be 38 weeks then. Doc is doubtful (I am measuring a week ahead). Would you all go? Doc says we will at it by ear but I am crushed at the thought of missing it!

Pepsi - What do you do? Also noticed youre from the US, dont think you guys take as much time as we do over here for xmas :(

I work from home, I take calls for a credit card company, inbound calls, things like giving balance, taking payments etc.

We dont tend to get paid vacation in the US unless your salary, same with paid sick days. Maternity is also unpaid..

right now im on FMLA - family medical leave act, this is due to the hyperemesis and spd, it means that I can log off the phone at any time that im feeling too unwell to take calls - but that time is also unpaid.

so for me...I'll be working till im in labour, and should birth go smoothly, I'll be back at work after a few days.

I wish I could take time off to look after baby, but we need my income because i accrued a lot of hospital bills in the thousands of $ during the pregnancy.

Hi all!

Set our Christmas cards out, wrapped all of DDs presents, washed and put away LOs baby clothes, have diapers in stock and breast pump ready to go! Will put together my hospital bag this week as my doctor thinks I will go a bit early.

What do you ladies think? One of my best friend's is getting married on Dec. 29 two and a half hours away. I will be 38 weeks then. Doc is doubtful (I am measuring a week ahead). Would you all go? Doc says we will at it by ear but I am crushed at the thought of missing it!

I want to go to my in-laws for xmas and they live 3 and half hours away and Ill be 38 weeks then also. All my friends are telling me Im mad if I go but I think that as long as I take my hospital bag and the babies car seat is with us if I do go into labour I can go to a hospital there. Im going to see how I feel nearer the time.

Didn't want to pinch your thread but I thought Id let you know my situation and what I was gonna do to help you decide!

Good luck! :winkwink:

I had my dr appointment today and he asked when I was scheduled again. I said New Year's Eve. He said, "Oh yeah, :roll: That's right." I asked if anything can be done about it and he said if someone goes into labor before theirs (assuming that I don't go before mine), they'll call me. So essentially, I've been wait listed! :haha:

Had my group B strep test, doppler, measurement, peed in a cup and was on my way. I'm at the going every week stage now!

Just bought some really cute jammies at Carter's for $8 each!! I got 3 for baby and 1 each for the boys. They are regular price like $32!!!

Oh no bloody spd has kicked in with a vengeance last night, I was so pleased it looked like I had escaped it this time but nope. My pubic bone was on fire all night couldn't sleep so the pain despite eating paracetamol like sweets. I was happy to go over but now just want bumpy out asap so I can feel normal again.
On the up side my mil who is hiding all the Xmas presents at her house offered to wrap them all for me this weekend :) saves me a job. Now just need to get bits for our parents and stocking fillers for dd and we are done.
When is everyone putting there decs up? I'm not sure when to do it as our kitten will destroy the tree :haha:

Very good idea to save up some holiday for the end! I just get the SMP, so next year will be a bit of a squeeze for us. Luckily though hubby has just got a new job which pays a bit better. Also, in April / May time I should receive my 2012 bonus from work, so that will make life a little easier.

How about you? Do you have a package or is it SMP? x

Hi all!

If it were me, I think I'd go along - with my notes and hospital bag, just in case! You have to make sure you're comfortable doing that though :) x

Oh no bloody spd has kicked in with a vengeance last night, I was so pleased it looked like I had escaped it this time but nope. My pubic bone was on fire all night couldn't sleep so the pain despite eating paracetamol like sweets. I was happy to go over but now just want bumpy out asap so I can feel normal again.
On the up side my mil who is hiding all the Xmas presents at her house offered to wrap them all for me this weekend :) saves me a job. Now just need to get bits for our parents and stocking fillers for dd and we are done.
When is everyone putting there decs up? I'm not sure when to do it as our kitten will destroy the tree :haha:

My decs are up! Luckily my cat hasn't attacked the tree or anything (yet!)
I do still have lots of presents to buy and wrap though x

Pepsi - Im glad youre youre working at home though, still is pants though :hugs: We are lucky here in the UK having our care paid for, and having longer maternity leave.

Mommy M - Good luck hun xxxx

Tracy - C-Sec is my idea of absolute hell! If I have to have one they'll have to knock me out! :dohh:

Fitzy - Good to see you back! I bet there was loads to catch up on. Sounds like youre mega organised. I have a wedding invite on 30th (2 days before EDD) but it is local. I will be going as Im thinking I could be feeling pretty fed up by then! I think youre going to have wait and see how you feel about it, you might feel fine on the day and go. As long as you take your bags, notes and car seat if something does happen you are prepapred xxx

Mrs Crad - I dont blame you still going, you'd be really pee'd off if you didnt and nothing happened!

Ducky - Keeping my fingers crossed you get a cancellation! YAYY for the bargains, can we see pics x

Rockelle - Oh no Im sorry youre feeling crap with the SPD :hugs: I havent got SPD but I have got back and hip pain so booking back in with the Osteopath hopefully just before xmas so Im feeling good for labour. I havent put anything up as we're still waiting to get in the house. But I think 12 days beforehand is best.

Mrs Mel - No package for me either just the SMP :( Things will be tight for us too but I know we'll manage x When are you going back to work?

AFM - Feeling pretty good apart from back and hip pain. Trying to spend some time on my ball which helps. Taking my RLT now twice a day and will up a capsule now with each week. Sleeping is still a nightmare, but it helps being off work and not having to get up at 6am anymore :yipee: Packing my hospital bag today :argh: SCARY!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->