Early January Mum's

I'm really not sure about when to return to work - I think it'll really depend on finances and our situation at the time. I'd like to take as long as possible really, but we'll see :)

Very uncomfortable today - I think baby is just in a very awkward position, making me feel a bit sick and dizzy. It does make me a bit nervous to think that the next few weeks they just get bigger and bigger, eeeek! x

Mrs Mel - Happy 35 weeks!! Hope baby moves into a better position soon. Im hoping to do the year.... but like you need to see how we're coping financially. Fingers crossed it will be PT though.

Thanks, 35 days til due date! Very scary indeed! 25 for you, gosh!!

Yes, I'm really hoping my boss is flexible about PT too - I can see why we (pregnant ladies) are a nusiance to our bosses! Taking a year off and then dictating the hours we wish to do when we return ;) x

Mrs Mel - :haha: Im hoping mine will go for some kind of flexible working as we're open 7 days a week and for 24 hours for 6 of them. I would go back FT if the price of childcare wasnt so expensive!

So expensive isn't it! It's crazy!
Hopefully you'll be able to do flexi-time, in that case! :)

Mrs Mel - I know it doesnt help that DH doesnt have set hours so we can work around his hours iygwim. Im sure we'll get it sorted in the end.

WOW! 9 months today! Some days I never thought I'd get here!

Here are the jammies I bought yesterday! Nice, soft, fuzzy ones!

https://demandware.edgesuite.net/aady_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Carters-Site/Sites-carters_master_catalog/default/v1354867851023/images/115-930_Default.jpg

https://demandware.edgesuite.net/aady_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Carters-Site/Sites-carters_master_catalog/default/v1354867851023/images/115-928_Default.jpg

https://demandware.edgesuite.net/aady_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-Carters-Site/Sites-carters_master_catalog/default/v1354867851023/images/115-959_Default.jpg

Good morning ladies!!!

I am due January 1. Last night i woke up to go to the bathroom at like 2am, and couldn't fall back asleep because I was having Period like cramping for hours, and It was constant, it wasn't really come and go. and now this morning on my way to my DH work ( I go with him to use internet, we just moved and dont have it at the house yet) I was having pain in my left side. My LO just turned, so she is now head down, and my bump looks a little lower than it did last night but not by much. I feel like I'm being paranoid, but This is my first and I don't know what to expect. my Dr's visit before last my Dr stated that my Cervix was soft, but I wasn't dilated or anything yet. I have been leaking more fluid, but I don't even know what I am to be looking for as far as signs of labor are concerned. I have asked soooo many questions on here (some that were probably stupid) But I dont even know what to expect at the end of my journey here. If anyone has any advice or any in sight that they could give me I'd greatly appreciate it!!!

Ducky - LOVE the new clothes.... so cute!

Tracy - If you are leaking you really need to call your MW :hugs: They need to check so you dont get an infection xxx

Traceybean - if your leaking I would get it checked out, could just be pee or the lovely extra discharge but could also be your waters. Not unusual to be crampy and achy towards the end but worth keeping an eye on it all

Yeah I'd say it's always better to get checked out and be safe :)
xx

It is really hard to know isn't it? Expecially first time around - I'll be exactly the same when I start cramping / leaking! I agree with the others though, I'd definitely get it checked out, just to be sure :)

I talked to my MW about the leaking because i noticed an increase in fluids before when I was having contractions and she had said that in this stage it is normal, they tested me for AF and it came back negative. I guess I feel like I am being paranoid if i keep calling into the office is all.

Tracy - Glad all is well xxx

GUESS WHAT!!! I have an almost finished hospital bag and baby bag! Ive got all the newborn clothes and blankets in the washing machine as we speak. I was blubbering unpacking it all. I cant believe I am this lucky :cloud9: This time last year there was no way I would have thought that I would be pregnant <3

Just wondering how many nappies youre all packing? Not too worried as there is a Sainsburys just around the corner that DH can pop to, but didnt want to take crap loads. How many outfits are you taking too? I was thinking a couple in newborn and 0-3 months x

Yippee! Welcome to the organised club! It feels quite emotional doesn't it, seeing all the little clothes and getting it all gathered together. I'm feeling all emotional today - I can't quite believe I'm 5 weeks (ish) away from meeting my little one.

At the mo, I have 1 pack of newborn nappies (I think it's a 20 pack) and just a mixture of 2 x newborn vests and sleepsuits and 2 x 0-3 vests and sleepsuits. I'm also taking a snow suit for the journey home. Our hospital is in the town, so hubby will be able to pop out too, if necessary, to grab more.

Mrs Mel - Ive got our snow/pram suit sorted :thumbup: I think two will be enough. I've got 8 nappies in the bag and then will chuck a pack in the boot just incase. I still cant get over it either....

I am making a point to finish packing my bag this weekend. We won't need to pack diapers as they are supplied by our hospital, so I'm sorry I can't help there. I would say enough for a change every two hours or so (so like 10-12 per day).

I realized today that sitting at my desk makes my swelling so bad. I sat at my computer for about an hour or so this morning to work and as soon as I got up, I was so swollen it hurt :( I'm on the couch on my laptop now with my feet up. I hope it helps.

Ducky - Yup get that bag packed lady! YAYY for having your feet up xxx

It's funny because it's almost packed, but the rest of the stuff is just sitting on top of the closed up bag! :rofl: Dh found my pump a few days ago, so I have to open it back up and see how it's doing. Oh, and I need to pack my nursing pads. :haha: Making mental notes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->