Early January Mum's

ladies...next time I even *consider* working 10 hours shifts 3 days in a row.....slap me silly, please!

Im on day 2 and OMG im exhausted, really early starts, 3 hours of sleep and I have no idea how im going to get through today let alone tomorrow! BLAH

Ducky- keep the mental notes coming... I completely forgot about nursing pads!!!!!

I'm feeling so left behind!! I've got most of the bits n bobs I need for a hospital bag .... They're just located in several different rooms in the house.

Nesting has well and truly kicked in for me today! I've spent the day completely gutting 3 bedrooms, dismantling a wardrobe and moving my sons things into his new room. I've counted 22 black bin bags full of stuff that I've packed up ready to go to the tip tomorrow. I'm pretty knackered right now but want to finish my daughters room tonight so I can start on the boiler room tomorrow. I'll feel so much better when I know the rooms are clean and organised, ready for Xmas and the baby.

Had out growth scan today. Everything went well today. Baby is looking good. Didnt get any pics this time around he didnt want to co-operate to much but we saw him playing with his toes!!! was cute.
There told us that he about 6lbs 7oz or so. But thats all that they said.
Wondering if thats normal or not for how far along i am.
Ill have to ask my doctor on monday when i have my 36 week check up then.

Had out growth scan today. Everything went well today. Baby is looking good. Didnt get any pics this time around he didnt want to co-operate to much but we saw him playing with his toes!!! was cute.

It's slightly over, but not by much :)
It all depends on length as well but i'd say it's a healthy size for your gestation hun :hugs:

https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

It was my last day in work today! So happy to be on leave now but also, it's kind of hit me for real that our baby is coming soon!

Ok so im trying to *not* make a big deal out of it but...

BH tightenings with menstral type pains and lower back pains

pooped 3 times in the space of 1 hour!

hot bath didnt so anything to relieve the pains

just wipes and saw a small amount of mucus plug

I know all these things are probably not really a sign of anything going on, but at the same time they could be. this sounds silly but Id rather baby came before or after christmas and not the week of christmas. but also not tomorrow! I have a 10 hour shift and If i have to take it as fmla then I loose those 10 hours towards time with baby!

Guess we'll see how the night goes

Glad all is well, I bet it was lovely to see him again!

Ok so im trying to *not* make a big deal out of it but...

BH tightenings with menstral type pains and lower back pains

pooped 3 times in the space of 1 hour!

hot bath didnt so anything to relieve the pains

just wipes and saw a small amount of mucus plug

I know all these things are probably not really a sign of anything going on, but at the same time they could be. this sounds silly but Id rather baby came before or after christmas and not the week of christmas. but also not tomorrow! I have a 10 hour shift and If i have to take it as fmla then I loose those 10 hours towards time with baby!

Guess we'll see how the night goes

Oh no, really hope you're ok. Keep us posted!

PepsiChic Please keep us updated hun, hope your okay
xx

thanks ladies, I decided to go to bed, fell asleep pretty quickly, but woke up at 5am with an itchy pain in my back, it felt like my skin was being torn off my back, i woke my husband and had him have a look but there was nothing to see.

been having such bad itching this pregnancy and it only seems to be getting worse, ive torn my arms and legs to pieces. :(

just started my 10 hour shift...i almost turned my alarm off and went back to sleep im that tired. but i managed to drag myself out of bed.

tummy isnt tight this morning but sure is sore as hell from last night. going to be a very very long day

On no :(!
All the best PepsiChic, hope your tummy is feeling better soon.
Have you been checked for your itching? I had itching in my pregnancy with William, they basically said I was allergic to some hormone or something I was producing so I got ant histamines and some special cream and that helped hun xx

Chatty - I know what you mean about feeling unorganised, apart from my bag we havent even got the moses basket yet. Just want to know a date for our house so I can prepare for where we will be iygwim. Well done on getting organised though, it will all quickly come together :hugs:

Mommy M - Glad all went well with the scan xxx

Bdg - YAYYY for starting maternity leave!! Its wonderful! I really underestimated how tired I would feel at this later stage x Have you got anything nice planned?

Pepsi - Hope youre OK :hugs: Can you take some time for a little nap?

AFM - Had an upset tummy yesterday and this morning woke up feeling sick. Had a piece of bread and butter and that seemed to help. Hoping Im not getting a bug or anything. DH and I chose the clothes for baby's bag last night so that bag is all finished now. Just need to get some nursing bra's and find a change of clothes to go home in and Im sorted! :thumbup: Spoke to our solicitor late afternoon and there isnt any progress on the house... starting to panic again now as there is only 2 weeks left until Chrimbo! I really wanted the keys by 21st.... I hope that is acheiveable.

Hope youre all enjoying the weekend xxx

Sambatiki I will keep everything crossed you are moving in by the 21st I hope when I come back on to update you on my c-section on christmas eve when I'm home i'll here your all unpacked and settled xx

my dr did mention something about being allergic to hormones and I have anti-histomines to take but they dont help at all, I have literally scratched so hard I have broken the skin and now have scars all down my legs and arms :(

I just took a nap for an hour and a half...back to do some more of my shift now but honestly, i feel so crap I could just do with sleeping all day. but i do have a day off tomorrow so im trying to get through today. my back is killing me, my tummy is so so sore and I feel so lightheaded - which i know is just fatigue...

lesson learnt...3 10hour shifts in a row = too much for my poor body to take.

Oh now :( I hope you can get some rest soon!
Have you tried any anti itching creams like double base or something? E45 do an anti itch cream and I found that having it massaged on the itchy area at least soothed it for the time being.
Hope you get some relief
xx

Sambatiki - Nothing specific planned, I'm trying to keep myself busy though as I've not got work to distract me now so I'm beginning to panic (in a good way!) about how near things are getting! So far I've written myself a to do list, the most important things I want to do are wash the babies clothes and get my hospital bag packed properly! I know what you mean about how tired you get though,I thought the first tri was bad enough for tiredness but at least I could sleep then!

Hope you get the dates for the house move soon, fingers crossed it'll be before the 21st!

I logged out of work early when the toddler was down napping and got myself an hour of sleep and an hour of just lying there relaxing with 2 of my kitties. still sore as hell fromt he BH i had all night BUT feeling a little less exhausted and the nausea has gone.

Q: is anyone here planning on pumping? If so what pump did you buy are are you plannon exclusive pumping, or occasional or somewhere in between?

I had the Avent manual pump, and then got the electric version with my toddler and got pretty much nothing out of it, though I also suffered from really bad milk supply later on. I want to get a nice double electric breast pump but cant decide on which one!

I used medela swing a lot with ds worked extremely well at the begining but my supply dwindled after a few months and I didn't respond well to pumping.
Well I'm wide awake its 4am here my 2 devil children have decided its play time :haha: hoping they will sleep in once they actually go back to sleep.
Sex ban ends in 2 days :) going to be at it like rabbits to ripen my cervix :haha: feel pretty good today massage seems to be helping with my spd, although I pulled my back out earlier moving the lightest box in the world.
Put our Christmas tree up today, yep the kitten has already removed several decorations :haha: would mind but my fat older cat is a pro at removing them instantly. They haven't climbed it yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->