Early January Mum's

Oh now :( I hope you can get some rest soon!
Have you tried any anti itching creams like double base or something? E45 do an anti itch cream and I found that having it massaged on the itchy area at least soothed it for the time being.
Hope you get some relief
xx

Im afraid to try any creams because Ive literally torn my skin up, i have holes and tears in my skin all down my legs from my hips, my back, my shoulders, the backs of my hands, all down the inside and outside of my arms and down my sides.

:cry: I look a mess, and worse the ones that have healed have left huge dark scars that Im sure will not go away.

I just had a shower and now all the open wounds are stinging with pain.

this pregnancy has been miserable.

Pepsi - :hugs: have you tried camomile lotion or an oatmeal bath both are recommended for helping with chicken pox so might help to ease things a little x hope you managed to sleep better x x

Rockelle - :rofl: omg you will defo be having baby before me if you're starting that up! :haha: hope you're spd feels better today x

Bdg - I found the washing and packing so emotional I was a blubbering wreck :haha: I need to do a list too and finish Xmas shopping.

Mrs b - thanks x

Hi!

Pepsichic, sounds like you are having a miserable time, I found bio oil really helped with my itching, but yours does sound worse! I've bought a second hand avent electric pump, this is my first baby so we'll see how we'll it works for me.

Sambatiki, I see you've still got to buy nursing bras, are you getting them in a bigger size? I have heard stories that when your milk comes in boobs gets massive! But it's hard to predict how much more massive they'll get!

Mummy baron, your c section is on Christmas Eve? That's so exciting if so! I'd love to have a Christmas baby.

Does anyone feel like they are going to be early with their babies? I have just got a feeling, probably wishful thinking though! I'm not engaged at all and have no idea what my cervix is doing!

Hope you're all ok! X

Yea my spd feels fine today hopefully massage is helping only seems to really hurt when I lay down. Wasn't to bad last night but I had a cheeky half glass of rosé wine! Really fancied it and thought it might help relax my body and soothes sore throat.
Well I spoke to soon kitten scaled the tree this morning and took out all the decs with him, little sod.
Has anyone checked their own cervix? With all my cramping going on I checked it last night appears to be some progress about 1-2cm dilated soft but still thick and posteria. Glad the cramps are doing something other than irritate me :haha:

diggory77- My c-section is the 21st but I wont be able to update till Christmas eve as I have to have a 72 hour monitoring. But I will update as soon as I am home.

Rockell8788 - How do you check your own cervix? I'm glad things seem to be moving in the right direction for you! :)

PepsiChic - I don't know what to suggest hun, but you really need to see your doctor if it's getting that bad. They should re-check your blood work and give you something stronger.

xx

Rockell8788- check your own cervix? I wish I could, it's so high I can't reach it though, which can't be good! I just can't bend that way! I haven't really had any cramping/ Braxton hicks yet and my bump hasn't dropped. Baby isn't engaged at all yet so I'm not expecting much to be going on x
Xx

Pepsi, :hugs: you poor thing! My face itches so badly - it actually looks like I have a black eye from where I've scratched so much.

Is anyone else swollen beyond recognition? I feel like a Macy's Thanksgiving parade balloon! And oh how everything hurts! Especially my hands and feet!

I'm almost ready for Christmas! I got almost everything bought and everything from Santa wrapped and hidden. Was up past midnight doing it though. Then DS woke up crying at about 530 because his boo boos hurt. His crying woke up daddy. Daddy had to take his bandaids off which made him start screaming. Then his screaming woke up brother, who started coughing so badly he couldn't get back to sleep. It was crazy around here this morning!

I had the absolute worst backache last night and cried until DH came in to rub it. Still having BH and the baby seems to get the hiccups once or twice a day.

mummybaron - I cant have bloodwork due to a severe reaction to needles that can kill me. I mean they can do one of those diabetic finger pricks, but I dont think they'd get enough blood from it to test. I have a Drs app this thursday, she had me try out 2 types of antihistimes over these 2 weeks but obviously they arent doing anything.

Rockell - I dont check my own cervix too scared of infection!

duckytwins - I didnt *feel* like I was swollen till I looked "down there" last week and freaked the hell out! The only other part of me that seems swollen is my fingers, I noticed my wedding ring fits better now!

No idea what it was but 5am this morning, my son, me and my husband all woke up....we checked utside to make sure we hadnt been woken *by* something, but nope, the day was perfectly still (and freezing cold!) and there was nothing moving in the house....so have NO idea what woke us up..unfortunatly, my spd was hurting so much that it took me 3 hours to get back to sleep blah!

oh and on top of it, I was cleaning out the litter trays last night, and then decided to vacuum the bathroom...then clean the bathtub, the shower, the sink and taps...the counters, cleaned out the cuboards, organsied the cuboards, and then washed the walls....was 2am before I realised I was nesting! took a shower and went to bed lol

Pepsichic - That's a good bout of nesting you did there! Hope you are feeling a little better too

Duckytwins - My feet and ankles and fingers are swollen like anything, it's really annoying as I can't wear jewellery and my socks are digging into my legs now!

Diggory77 - I feel the same, I don't think I'm engaged, there are no signs that the baby will be early but I have a feeling he/she will be. Like you said though, it's most likely wishful thinking!

My sister in law's water broke today then literally a few hours later she had her baby! She had a home birth, I wish I was brave enough to do that! I'm now an Aunty to a gorgeous little girl called Lily!

Rockelle - Naughty girl poking around up there! Glad youre feeling better with the SPD hope it holds out for a while longer x Ooops on the xmas tree perhaps the bending over and picking the decs up from the floor might bring something on? :winkwink:

Digs - Baby G wasnt engaged at the 34 week appointment but was at 36 weeks... I didnt feel any major movement when s/he did engage. Fingers crossed baby is now in the lift off position x

Ducky - YAYYYY for being ready for xmas! I wish I was! :haha: Hope you have a better sleep tonight x x

Pepsi - YAYYY for nesting!! Hope you sleep through tonight xx

Bdg - CONGRATS on being an Aunty!!! :yipee:

AFM - Feeling very sick and had diarrhoea tonight :(

Loads of my mucus plug came away earlier today, no contractions or blood though. Wondering whether baby will stay put, I hope she does.
xx

Today was such a long day. ughhh
Shopping is such a chore these days! Finished all the last minute things for our lil man!
yay thank god its all done.
Got my 36 week appt tomorrow.

Mrs B - Fingers crossed :hugs:

Mommy M - Happy 36 weeks xxx Glad youre all done now xxxx

In agony, baby's head seems to be so low and it feels like my insides are tearing apart.
Is there a point that the SPD pain needs to be a concern? Like I honestly feel like my bone is breaking and the muscles around it are tearing apart I can't move cause of the pain since she's dropped tonight. Could it be causing damage? :(

xx

Mrs B - I doubt it, but Im not sure :hugs: You could try ringing up and seeing if there is anything you can do?

I feel her moving up and then pushing down. When she moves up the pain is a lot less so I think it's just baby being awkward but it flaming hurts like hell. Still not long left and if it's no better in the morning I'm going to pop into the ante natal clinic xx

Hello ladies. How is everyone doing?

These last few weeks are quite hard going physically, aren't they? I find if baby's too low down it's uncomfortable on my bladder and if baby's too high up my stomach is really uncomfortable and I struggle to catch my breath properly!

1 month to go, eeek! I think the fear of the unknown is starting to kick in a bit now!

xx

I check my cervix a few weeks ago when I lost my plug but was to high up as well. I don't prod about much just a quick check of positioning. Packed my little monsters bags this morning for when the day comes, emergency hospital bag is ready just need to set up and get the Moses basket from the mil and we ready to go.
Had lots of painful bh last night that radiated into my back made the most of it and bounced on my ball. Not to bad this morning just have lots of pressure and bumpy pushing on my cervix.
Mummyb have you tried gentle massage on your pubic bone and your bottom around your hips, it's uncomfortable doing it but feels good at the same time and gives me a little relief from the spd pains

No I haven't but I will deffo be giving it a try, I'll try anything right now lol! I have no idea what I'm looking for but last night while sat up after loosing some more of my plug I did put a finger in to see if I could feel anything :-S
About 3 inch in it felt like a hit a wall and there seemed to a circle dent in there that felt like a hole that was closed is that the cervix? Sorry for tmi ladies but I really am useless at all this stuff lol!
Had more plug this morning not loads but it did have a bit of blood in it. I don't know if I need to ring my midwife or not as I'm not term yet. O don't see anyone till the 19th and that's just for my pre op. They did say if it's before 38 weeks and they have time they give everyone steroids 24 hours before expected delivery.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->