Early January Mum's

37 weeks is classed as full term, that's what I had to wait to with ds before they did a c section. No steroids are needed as baby can breath fine by themselves.

37 weeks is classed as full term, that's what I had to wait to with ds before they did a c section. No steroids are needed as baby can breath fine by themselves.

I know that and with a natural delivery at 37 weeks baby should be absolutely fine but here in the UK if they are inducing they would give steriods to ensure lung maturity is fine. With c-sections before 39 weeks the risk is wet lung were the fluid in the lungs that is expelled with natural delivery is still in the lugs at birth and can cause respiratory distress. Thats what they said to me anyway. I really doubt i'm going to go into early labour anyway so I don't think I need to bother them xx

I just had the weirdest thing happen. I ate breakfast, then sat at my computer and started feeling really weird. I felt nauseous and kind of like I had a stomach ache, but it also felt like baby was pushing out (a contraction?), then all of a sudden, my lower back started killing me... It seems to have gone away now.

Ohhhh now THAT sounds like a contraction Ducky!

AFM - I'm struggling a little today :(. I think maybe I've overdone things again over the weekend with moving and sorting the kids bedrooms. SO pleased they're done now tho! My mum came over Saturday night to help get everything organised and we popped out to the shops .... cue lots of tightenings, low back ache and period type pains, luckily they disappeared again when I went in for a bath.

My back is really achy today but no real regular tightenings and I'm feeling pretty tired. Planning on finishing my labour bag, washing baby clothes and getting an early night tonight I think.

I know that and with a natural delivery at 37 weeks baby should be absolutely fine but here in the UK if they are inducing they would give steriods to ensure lung maturity is fine. With c-sections before 39 weeks the risk is wet lung were the fluid in the lungs that is expelled with natural delivery is still in the lugs at birth and can cause respiratory distress. Thats what they said to me anyway. I really doubt i'm going to go into early labour anyway so I don't think I need to bother them xx

I am in the uk :thumbup: I was induced with ds at exactly 37 weeks, as waters had been leaking, but they made me wait til 37 as full term. No steroids were given. If you look at nhs website it says 37 weeks is full term. Maye your primary health care trust has different rules:shrug: i ended up having an emergency section on the same day and they didn't mention anything about wet lung when they were going through the risks:shrug:

God knows, it was just one consultant that I have seen that has mentioned this. Yeah they may be different they are doing my c-section at 38,3 but said they would induce at 37 if I was able to go natural but they would want to give steroids.
God knows, different for every professional.
My midiwfe says 37 weeks is term but my mother is also a midwife in the UK and the text book definition of term is the completion of the 37th week (so in fact 38 weeks) but she also said that due to how developed the majority of babies born during the 37th week are they do not class it as pre term. It really makes no sense to me surely term is either 37 or 38 weeks. xx

Good Afternoon ladies
Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Had my 36 week check up, everything looks good. Baby is head down, not that it matters since im having a c-section.
And it looks like i will be having 1 more appt before my c-section which is dec 27th.
All done all shopping for the baby. Unless he ends up needing more newborn clothes and diapers, but my Oh will take care of all that.
Heres do the next 17 days m hopefully they will be fast. Cant wait to be holding my lil man in my arms. :happydance:

Mommy ... So exciting your little man will be here so soon!

Ducky ... Anymore pain like that? Hoping its nothing!

AFM ... Nesting has really kicked in. I am already a neat freak and overly organized ( DH swears I have OCD tendencies) so LOs things have been pretty much taken care of for awhile. Today I scrubbed and straightened the fridge, washed the windows, and made some spaghetti sauce and chicken stock to fill the freezer for when LO is here. Laying down now but plan to continue the straightening/ cleaning after DDs nap!

Eeek classed as term today wow that's gone quick *runs and hides as fear is kicking in*
Happy 37weeks to those due New Year's Day

So exciting that some of you guys are now full term!!!

Hi Ladies,

HAPPY FULL TERM DAY to my EDD Buddies!

Good to see everyone is OK. Im afraid I cant comment on the C-section bits and pieces.

AFM - Its looking like we're going to get the keys to the house next Thursday!!! We'll know for sure by the end of this week. Such a big relief that the end is in sight now..... Just going to be a bit hard moving house at nearly 39 weeks preggers a few days before xmas. But we have book the carpets in to be fitted Friday and Saturday. Fingers crossed I dont have to re-book for a later date. Just need baby to stay put now xxx

Yay! New house and a new baby Sam! Happy crimbo chick!!

I had my 36wk MW appt this morning, all fine until she palpated baby's head (still free at the brim), gave it a wee wobble to make sure ... Then listened to his heart rate. Heart rate was up at 185, probably due to having his head squeezed about, so off I was sent for monitoring at the day clinic :(. His heart rate had settled again by the time I arrived and strapped up and was a very normal 148. I'll be back again in the morning for my last growth scan.

I had a call from the hospital this morning too! They're making arrangements to have the homebirth kit dropped off at the house. It's all happening so quickly now!!

Glad everything's ok Chatty - no wonder poor baby got a bit of a raised heart rate!

What's in a homebirth kit? x

Fitz, nothing as bad as that one time, but tons of tightening. And it feels like the bottom of my belly is bruised. And for some reason, it was a little easier to walk last night. I even made cookies. :shrug:

Does it seem like the days go by fast but the weeks go slow for anyone else? Happy full term to the 37 weekers!

I just filled out my hospital admission paperwork last night! Eek!

Chatty - Glad all was OK in the end :hugs: All getting very exciting now!! :yipee:

Ducky - Glad youre feeling better. Its ALL going to quick for me :haha: I have got far too much to do before baby comes :haha:

Happy edd to all the 37 weekers!

Aww chatty b, glad baby's hr came back down to normal and all the best for tomorrow.

I went for a really long walk yesterday and ended up being quite sore, had a midwife appointment today and all looks well, baby's head is 3/5 palpable. I was so excited by this, I don't know why, but it just feels like things are happening!
Eeeeeek!
X

Well iv felt off all day had an awful bh that follow with urgent need for a toilet trip at lunch and I went all dizzy and fainted earlier. I had a pint of water and something to eat but still don't feel right. Dh is at work and is in a mood with me because I didn't call the gp about the fainting but I had a house full turn up just after and only just say down and now my back is killing me with fooking painful bh. Think ill call when he's home at 8

I had my 36week MW appointment today and I thought she would talk about my birthing plan or where Im going to have my baby, but nothing! All she done was the usual and then she said she'll see me in 2 weeks.
Im measuring 2 weeks behind still but she said as I had the scan 2 weeks ago and all was well not to worry!
I think I need to do some research on pain relief and stuff for the birth as my MW doesnt seem to be in any hurry to talk me though any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->