Early January Mum's

Having contractions.. ouch ouch ouch! Called my dr. and they told me to go in

Good Luck Ducky!!!

Mrs Crad - Are you having a hospital tour and classes? Thats the only time I have really talked about pain relief. Not really had a conversation with the MW about a birthing plan.

Thinking of you Ducky!!!

Had my 35w appt, on to weekly appts now. Doc say he is estimating I will have a 9lb baby. Sheesh. Just hoping not to have a c sect. DD was 8lb2oz but I am not a big girl so big babies are odd!

hope your doing ok ducky!

I have a 36 week appointment on thursday and i'll be tested for strep B, Im pretty sure it'll turn up positive, just my luck really!

Im not too worried, my OBGYN is great and we have an alternative in place instead of IV for oral anitbiotics.

Glad everything's ok Chatty - no wonder poor baby got a bit of a raised heart rate!

What's in a homebirth kit? x

The home birth kit is basically everything the midwives will need when i go into labour and deliver at home, it arrives in 2 big holdalls so they'll live somewhere out of the way but handy, ready for the big day.

A friend had her kit delivered a few days ago - later that day, 4 firemen turned up, complete with uniforms and a big fire engine, to check that there was a suitable place to store the entonox! (They showed her I.D at the front door but the fire engine was proof enough i think!).

As it turns out, the hospital called and rearranged delivery of the kit as they've run out of canisters :wacko: It'll now be delivered on Thursday or next Tuesday now. I'll feel very cheated if i don't get my visit from the fireman :wink wink:

Ducky - thinking of you hun and hope you're ok!

Christian Jacob was born 12.11.12 at 923pm, weighing 6lb 1.8oz and measuring 17 1/2". I'm so in love!!

Glad everything's ok Chatty - no wonder poor baby got a bit of a raised heart rate!

What's in a homebirth kit? x

The home birth kit is basically everything the midwives will need when i go into labour and deliver at home, it arrives in 2 big holdalls so they'll live somewhere out of the way but handy, ready for the big day.

A friend had her kit delivered a few days ago - later that day, 4 firemen turned up, complete with uniforms and a big fire engine, to check that there was a suitable place to store the entonox! (They showed her I.D at the front door but the fire engine was proof enough i think!).

As it turns out, the hospital called and rearranged delivery of the kit as they've run out of canisters :wacko: It'll now be delivered on Thursday or next Tuesday now. I'll feel very cheated if i don't get my visit from the fireman :wink wink:

Ducky - thinking of you hun and hope you're ok!

Ha ha! I love the thought of a home birth - maybe next time. And not just for the firemen :haha: I can imagine being really relaxed and calm being in your own home. Hope you get your canister ok and your firemen!

Fantastic news Ducky!! Congratulations :D

I'm just back from my growth scan - 36 weeks today and Fidget is weighing in at 6lb 4oz with a current head measurement of 32.5cm. My first baby was 6lb 6oz with the same size head at term!!

I'm obviously getting better at growing fat babies hahaha. It was lovely to see him again and feels really strange thinking that the next time we see him, he'll be in our arms! Getting SO excited now!! He'll be here within 6 weeks (if I go to 42 weeks). Scary exciting thought!

:happydance: Congrats Ducky! :happydance:

Sam, Im not having tours, think I was just feeling a bit lost after my appointment as I thought she would, not to worry as Im quite laid back and will just go with what ever happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->