Early January Mum's

Hi guys, I posted and ran didn't I?

I gave birth to a baby boy! on Friday evening after having to be induced (that wasn't fun at all!) but all forgotten when he was placed into my arms. It took us a few days to name him too but here's Jack Alexander :)

https://i.imgur.com/TepeL.jpg

Ps, I have a sweep booked for Friday, does anyone know how engaged the head has to be for the midwife to be able to do one? I'm 3/5ths palpable x

I don't think it matters, you just need your cervix to be open a bit, mine was completely closed hence why they couldn't do one.

May be in labour girls :) having very bad pains that start in my belly and go to my back

Bdg he is beautiful!

Keep us posted miss mummy, fingers crossed and good luck x

Oh he's gorgeous BDG!!

Good luck Missmummy! Sending lots of quick and easy labour vibes your way :D

Bdg- hes so gorgeous, Congrats!:thumbup:

Ooh it seems a few of you girls might be having babies by the weekend:happydance:

Been for my MW apt today and Im booked in for a sweep on Tues when Ill be 41+3 and they will book my induction for the Thursday then aswell :growlmad:

Really dont want an induction so hope baby comes soon, but still nothing :nope:

My BP is still up so I have to get it checked again on Thurs so my husband is starting to worry

Hope everyone is okay and good luck :baby:

anxiously waiting to hear from poppy after she said her contractions were every 7 minutes!

congrats to the new mummies!!

I am so so exhausted, yet here i am sat logging into work...i could quite happily sleep for 12 hours instead.

Congrats to Christian'smum and bdg he is beautiful.

Sending labour dust to you all. Hope to see lots of new arrivals this weekend and the sweeps work.
Can't believe Aiden is 9days old already, we got discharged my the midwife team today, and he's gained 13oz already he had to be weighed twice on day 5 as they couldn't believe it he hadn't lost anything but gained 5oz. I must have gold top milk lol.

Good luck with your sweep huni! I have mine at 3pm today. Baby was due yesterday but as predicted, a no show :).

I've started getting hip pain in my left hip now, very uncomfortable but just thankful baby is due and I won't have to put up with it for too much longer.

I'm trying to relax and go with the flow in my last few days/weeks. I'm currently sitting down, watching the news and enjoying a coffee whilst my older children get ready for school ... I'm pretty sure times like these will be few and far between fairly soon!

Hello everyone. Many congratulations to those who have already had their babies. It's so lovely looking at pictures and thinking that the little one in my tummy is nearly cooked.
No signs for me yet - I went into labour on my due date with DD but I think that this baby is going to take her time...
Good luck with the sweep today ChattyB

Only 14.5 hours until induction!!!! Nerves are kicking in now!!!!!!!!

How did the sweep go Pepsi?
I've got one tomorrow..... Yesterday and Tuesday was having contractions but 15 mins apart and didn't progress before stopping after some hours..... Hope this means my sweep will bring baby this weekend!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

SOOOO excited for u Melly!!! Looks like u are NEXT!

Oooohhhhh Melly! Good luck huni!

AFM - had MW today and was going to try a sweep but Fidget had other ideas .... Head still not engaged so no sweep and I didn't feel it necessary to have a cervix check. I'm pretty sure he's aiming to be a February baby lol. 40+1 today and trying to relax and go with the flow ... He'll arrive when he's ready.

Chatty b- was your baby's head engaged at all? Mine was 3/5ths palpable last week and wondering if that would be enough for the sweep? Hmmmm
X

so went to Drs, was 5cm dilated and stretchy, so she did a really good sweep, cause a little bleeding, had a few contractions since but nothing regular or long-lasting. feel sore as all hell down there though!!!

Baby was active too, and has moved down a bunch - hence the increased SPD pain the last few days) and his heart rate was up from the normal 130's to 166, she said its nothing to be worried about, and normally means somethings going to happen, so fingers crossed!

Looking back at my notes from my sons pregnancy and birth, I had my second sweep with him on a thursday and went into labour saturday night he was born on a sunday....maybe it'll be true again this time!

hope everythign went well for you too Chatty! and good luck tomorrow JCh & Melly!

Sienna-Rose was born at 2:33am on the 9th of January (her due date) weighting 6lb 6oz. Sorry for the delay in updating I only just got out of the hospital will do a better update when we are settled at home and I have my laptop :)

Chatty b- was your baby's head engaged at all? Mine was 3/5ths palpable last week and wondering if that would be enough for the sweep? Hmmmm
X

Nope, head still free above the brim ... Hubby and I were joking that I must have a uterus the size of a small village. Baby seems to like bobbing in and out at will these days! If I'm upright I feel him move down, but as soon as I lie down, he pops back out again. He's a clever baby wanting to choose his own birthday I think!!

Sienna-Rose was born at 2:33am on the 9th of January (her due date) weighting 6lb 6oz. Sorry for the delay in updating I only just got out of the hospital will do a better update when we are settled at home and I have my laptop :)

Congratulations huni! Hope you're both resting up. Gorgeous name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->