Early January Mum's

I agree with the other girlies here, WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE - I swear, I hit 39 weeks and everyone is asking so, is baby here..... Well let's see - U would know if baby was here since most ask on fb....
I'm finding I'm really not pleased with people during the last stretch as people say such stupid stuff. I say no baby yet and he's not ready - somehow this means he hasn't dropped or something - Grrr, he's been head down and pressing on my pelvic bone/ cervix for weeks now.... YES, HE'S DROPPED! That isn't what I said! LOL - sorry for the rant but ppl are really getting annoying. Hopefully they won't keep us all waiting too much longer.....

what makes me laugh is that the people asking "is baby here yet" while your stood infront of them....does it look like it?!

and "has baby dropped?" - do you even know what that means? yes hes dropped! "oh so he'll be here soon then! - like i said they have no idea what that means!

my favourite though for me, Im british, but I live in America...."will the baby have a British accent?!" - oh yeah he'll come out of there saying "ello gov'ner, fancy a cuppa tea would ya mate?" :dohh:

OMG!!!! That is the funniest thing ever, will baby have an accent.... Ummmm, an American one? Like WTH! That is just such an uneducated thing to say....
I'm just so glad to have some lovely ladies that are going through the same thing. I feel like I'm going to freak out on some people with their comments but keep telling myself I'm almost done and just ignore them.

Ohhh the joys!

Meh! I have a really unsure baby here!! I spent 2 hours last night having contractions ... not the occasional tightenings that leave you thinking "could it be starting?" ... These bad boys meant business! They were taking all my concentration and breathing control, lasting well over a minute and were coming every 7 minutes. I was CONVINCED that it was all systems go and decided to get some rest, wait for the contractions to get closer togetger before we called the midwife. Contractions bloody stopped AGAIN!! I'm pretty patient and happy to wait for baby's right time, I just wish I didn't have all these start/stop contractions! I'm sure hubby thinks I'm just taking the pi55 sometimes lol

Aww chattyb! Hopefully those contractions were getting baby into a perfect position before real labour starts. At least you've had something! I'm over my due date and still waiting to feel anything!
X

Im the same, no contractions and no BH. The only thing Ive had is some period like pains.

Hubby is supposed to be on paternity leave tommorow for 2 weeks but hes going to go back to work and wait for when baby finally decides to come!

Good idea mrs Crad! I just want a sign! Bloody show, mucus plug, a few irregular contractions, just anything to let me know that this baby is contemplating coming out!
X

Been having tightenings for about 5 hours now, could be the start of something hopefully!

Fingers crossed Melly!!

That's my son and nephews birthday "party" over. I'm exhausted!! Need to tidy up the kitchen, get school uniforms sorted for the kiddies going back to school tomorrow then we're good to go! C'mon Fidget .... It's your time now! Mummy won't be nearly as busy or stressed out and can concentrate on your arrival.

Big hugs to all of you still waiting for baby :hugs:

Hi girls,

How is everyone? Still nothing happening here! Off to the MW tommorow but I doubt she will do anything as she said at my last appointment she wouldn't until 12 days over but hubby is coming with me to see whats going on (Im sure its just so he can have time off work!!!)

hope everyone is well!

Just an update from me- contractions every 7 mins now. This is a very sloooooow process

So exciting ladies!!!! I've got a sweep planned for Friday am! We'll see what happens....

*yawn* so aside from the excruciating pain in my pelvis and especially my hips thats letting me sleep only 3 hours....oh and the toddler who woke up from a night terror inconsolable and didnt go back to sleep, and also didnt nap today....IM EXHAUSTED!

argh seriously, this is less sleep then i had with my son as a newborn, and this baby isnt here yet, Im hoping I get more sleep once the little guy actually shows up!

still stalled out, not even mild contractions today. nada. :(

drs app thursday, will have another sweep then so maybe he'll be here over the weekend, by which point of course he'll be overdue.

JCh i wonder who will go first! me or you? same due date!

Good luck Poppy!

It's 5am here and I'm wide awake :-/ but managed to get a better nights sleep last night so not feeling too bad at all. It's all been pretty quiet for a few days, not many contractions etc and I spent most of yesterday having a "duvet day" so not very active. I have a reflexology session booked for later today so we'll see if that might trigger something further. MW has offered me a sweep on Thursday if baby's head is lower, I'll be 40+1.

Can't quite believe I'm 40 weeks tomorrow! Surely I have another 8 weeks to go???

Pepsi - I'm totally wondering too, well seems like u have a better chance since ur sweep is on Thursday. Doc sounds pretty confident it should work but we'll see.... Hoping baby is here this weekend too - that way DH doesn't have to take a bunch of time off work unpaid....
Good luck!!! I'm so ready to be done, hip pain is horrible! I have had lots of pain too, cannot wait to have it over with.

I've been awake since 3am thinking about making porridge, have only just hauled myself out of bed to make some and it's 5.45.
Did some breast pump/ nipple stimulation last night and had quite a few tightenings, had a few in the early hours too. I just want to get on with it already! X

Ps, I have a sweep booked for Friday, does anyone know how engaged the head has to be for the midwife to be able to do one? I'm 3/5ths palpable x

Hiya,
After being induced at 6:45am on the 5th January Baby Isabel was born at 16:42pm on the 6th January weighing 6lb 8oz. Very long and painful labor but totally worth it x

Hiya,
After being induced at 6:45am on the 5th January Baby Isabel was born at 16:42pm on the 6th January weighing 6lb 8oz. Very long and painful labor but totally worth it x

Congratulations hun! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->