Early m/c or still pg?

PinkLuv24

Reaction score
I tested + about week 4. Then when I went to dr week later blood and urine -, my dr told me it was an early m/c. A week later still no bleeding, just horrible cramps. Could I still be pg or why no bleeding?!

Depends, did they do a Qualitive Blood Test (Yes or No on Preg) or a Quantitive test (Numbers)?

Every has a miscarriage differently, it took me 3 weeks to begin bleeding and I hadn't even known that I had lost my baby. You can either go to the ER and tell them you suspect a MC or wait a week and if there's still nothing schedule another appt with your Dr and request a QUANTITATIVE blood test. However, if even their urine test came up :bfn: and you had been holding it for at least 3 hours, chances are it is a CP.

If that is indeed the case, I'm sorry for your loss.

It was quantitative and she said they are too low now for me to be pg anymore. I just want to bleed and get this over with

Did they do two tests to make sure number went down? Or did they just say the number was low and say you m/c? If that so, they cant tell unless they have two tests to compare

If it was under 10 (which is usually when they say its to low to continue a viable pregnancy) then it was likely a CP. If you don't start in a week from now, I would go back and talk about the pill or a D&C after another HCG Quant

Lower then ten doesnt mean its not viable. Like said before, to rule out you would need two tests. People on here all the time get under ten and end up just fine hun :)..
Keeping u in my thoughts xx

My dr just said it was too low to be pg but not at zero. I would like to think I still am pg but my symptoms went from very strong to come and go and very mild. And I just had a "feeling" when I was pg and a feeling when I wasn't. I just hope they can give me something to start my cycle and move on.

And no they did not do two quan bloods just the one.

Then you need another blood test to show if ur numbers go down..if u had no blood loss and just lost some syptoms it doesnt mean anything. And at 4weeks, a 6 would be fine, unless it didnt double..doubling is what will tell u if ur m/c or not, u cannotjust be told that ur number Iis to low, unless Iits five or under :(, I so hate docs who are not more descriptive :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->