Early Testing or Not?

Sarah69

TTC for 5 years
Reaction score
Hi, I've been TTC for 5 years now. I used to test early (before AF was due) now I just wait for AF to arrive and wondered what you think.

I found when I tested early it took some of the sadness of AF arriving away but at the same time I had to wait longer to start trying again. But if I don't test early and just wait for AF I find that just as painful as I'm looking for symptoms etc.

What do you think? Which is less stressful for you?
:flower:

I waited for AF last cycle and found I coped better emotionally. The cycle before I tested early and caused myself pain every time it showed a BFN so I will be waiting till AF or a day or 2 past in future. Plus it saves money on hpts :thumbup:

Yes I think I'll stick with waiting for the dreaded AF............

I used to drive myself insane with the early testing and, I agree, it's cheaper!

:thumbup:

My AF is due the same day as you Sarah but I won't be testing till 10 July as it's my DH's birthday then so if 2 days past AF due then chances of BFP are hopeful :)

Well here's a load of :dust: for both of us then!

Yes my AF is due around the 7th/8th July..........fingers crossed!! xx

Loads of :dust: right back at you for your BFP and for it to be a really sticky little bean :dust:

I have to say that I wasn't going to test early this month but I had lots of those cheap tests as I got a bunch free with my bbt so I thought why not! I also thought that if I didn't test at all before AF arrived then it felt like I hadn't really done anything that month (make any sense?!) and also at least with the BFNs I could tell myself that AF would turn up shortly and like you say ease off the disappointment a bit!

NOOOOOT!!!!

I know from experience that when I did get pg I had no symptoms and didn't get a positive til I was over a week late. So I'd save money by not testing.

Thinking back when I got pg (had a mc) I didn't have any symptoms either and I got my BFP 3 days after AF was due. So I'm sticking with my decision of "NO Early Testing". :thumbup:

I'm the same as northstar. It is so tempting and I did this cycle but in many ways it's so pointless. Only now realizing this. For me it's pointless because it doesn't prepare me for the witch bitch because I still hope I'm just too early. I've never showed up a pos prior to af. The one I took this time I read after was only meant for day of af .:dohh:
This cycle ive reached a very definite point of being so hurt by the repetitive bfn that I physically can't see one again , I can't do it to myself anymore. My af makes me sad mo matter what so I deal with it then , cry eat chocolate and drink wine. For me it also makes the wait for being able to start again too long.
Good luck wishing for bfp s all round:hugs:

They are both stressful and upsetting to me.
Usually I wait for AF, and then test if it's late. I have a short lp, so basically my period is late at the same time an early test would be positive anyway.

2 months ago, I decided to test early with the thought that it would keep me grounded and less likely to get too excited. The only problem was I didn't believe the test! With my last pregnancy, I had bfn 1 day prior to bfp, so I found that I was telling myself it could still be positive.

((hugs)), it's hard either way.

I have no restraint! :wacko: For as many years as I have been doing this, you would think that I know better.

I POAS early every month and it never fails. It has become my routine, lol. I have seen so many BFNs, that they don't bother me anymore.

I know it sounds counterproductive, but it really does make me feel like I am still in the game, lol.

Well last cycle I did (for the first time) but this time I'm not going to bother. I truly believe that the only sign for me being preg will be no AF, she's not let me down for the past 30 years!! (blimey has it really been that long.....). I'm with Macwooly, haven't bought any so no temptation:thumbup:x

Well last cycle I did (for the first time) but this time I'm not going to bother. I truly believe that the only sign for me being preg will be no AF, she's not let me down for the past 30 years!! (blimey has it really been that long.....). I'm with Macwooly, haven't bought any so no temptation:thumbup:x

Oh, how I wish I had you willpower! Lol. Maybe you can help me lose that last 10lbs too? :happydance:

Oh, how I wish I had you willpower! Lol. Maybe you can help me lose that last 10lbs too? :happydance:

I'm no use I can't even lose the first 10lbs :rofl:

I'm no use I can't even lose the first 10lbs :rofl:

Judging by your ticker, I'd say you're doing quite well! :happydance:

It's not shifting as I want but I think I need to stop having such a regular relationship with Ben & Jerry :laugh2:

My halo slips often Dach! I managed to lose 2 and half stone last year, but have a real struggle on at the mo to get to my 1 year at my goal weight which is the end of July!

Okay, so what with Bubba SSing and you POAS too early, I see I'm gonna have my hands full!!!!...... :trouble: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->