Eastenders chat/spoiler thread

im wondering who this stalker is i thouht ben at the start he just doesnt seem to like his dad alot they dont seem to get on.

plus he is gay and phil wont accept that.

then i thought billy phil has treated him like shit for years.

i didnt know kat gets hiv i heard she is pregnant?

when a woman marries a muslim man apparently she can take on either his first or second name, it actually mentioned this in EE when tamwar got married and asked afia if she wanted massood or tamwar as a surname.. and im guessing amiras baby has her surname as syed wont be on the BC :shrug:

i think phils stalker is ben too xx

so kat gets pregnant to who and hiv?

Ohh, I didn't know that Kat got pregnant. When they said that they find out Alfies the dad I thought they meant to Tommy and that they was wrong all along about it being Micheal. :)

It does say on Digital spy that Denise

In the new year declares a public vendetta against Phil

something along them lines anyhow so perhaps the stalker could also be Denise.

Tamwar and Aafia talked about it before thye got married.' Traditionally' the woman and kids take on the husbands first name as their surname ie Massod Ahmed's family are Masoods. But they can also choose to be 'modern' and take on the husbands surname like western people would. ie Amera is a Massod as its Syed's surname (which also makes yasmin a massod whether Syeds on the birth certificate or not and because they were married at the time it would be automatically assumed he was the father). Aafia is a Masood for the same reason and now Zhainab is a Khan.

Just to add this is how i think it is im no expert on muslim marriage, this is jsut what ivepicked up from the show

when a woman marries a muslim man apparently she can take on either his first or second name, it actually mentioned this in EE when tamwar got married and asked afia if she wanted massood or tamwar as a surname.. and im guessing amiras baby has her surname as syed wont be on the BC :shrug:

i think phils stalker is ben too xx

Tamwar and Aafia talked about it before thye got married.' Traditionally' the woman and kids take on the husbands first name as their surname ie Massod Ahmed's family are Masoods. But they can also choose to be 'modern' and take on the husbands surname like western people would. ie Amera is a Massod as its Syed's surname (which also makes yasmin a massod whether Syeds on the birth certificate or not and because they were married at the time it would be automatically assumed he was the father). Aafia is a Masood for the same reason and now Zhainab is a Khan.

Just to add this is how i think it is im no expert on muslim marriage, this is jsut what ivepicked up from the show

I am a muslim and the taking of a husbands name is strictly prohibited in Islam, for many reasons. Eastenders is distorting a very important principle for their own reasons.

^Taking the husband's surname is prohibited do you mean? Should they take the husband's first name as their surname? Sorry trying to get my head round it :dohh:

I hope the stalker is someone unpredictable, and not Ben/Jay/Lola/Billy, which would be pretty boring. I used to love Kat but I can't stand her now, I can't believe she cheated on Alfie and was just like 'oh well, this is who I am, I'm a slut' pretty much :dohh: Poor old Alfie

I was told the stalker is Masood but I don't know how much truth there is behind it

^Taking the husband's surname is prohibited do you mean? Should they take the husband's first name as their surname? Sorry trying to get my head round it :dohh:

I hope the stalker is someone unpredictable, and not Ben/Jay/Lola/Billy, which would be pretty boring. I used to love Kat but I can't stand her now, I can't believe she cheated on Alfie and was just like 'oh well, this is who I am, I'm a slut' pretty much :dohh: Poor old Alfie

It's so confusing, I'm trying to understand it!

So.... If Ann Smith married Bill Jones, she becomes Ann Bill? Ann Jones is not allowed? Or does she stay Ann Smith and her children take the surname Bill?

Apparently on Christmas Day there is a present under the tree for Denise of an unknown person and the present contains a recording of Phil admitting that the car Kevin Wickes (Denises husband) died in was a cut and shut car which ultimatley means he kind of had a hand in his death, this is when Denise goes mad at Phil.

^^ That explains what igital spy is on about then. :thumbup:

I'm not sure on it being Masood though, if he had a grudge would he surely not have Yusef at the top of his list. Also would he have got the files from Jacks flat?

So.... If Ann Smith married Bill Jones, she becomes Ann Bill? Ann Jones is not allowed? Or does she stay Ann Smith and her children take the surname Bill?

In Islam if Ann Smith marries Bill Jones she will remain Ann Smith that never changes but her children will take their fathers name as usual. There is no taking of a husbands name whether that is first name or surname in any circumstance she is her fathers daughter and will be so called.

In Islam if Ann Smith marries Bill Jones she will remain Ann Smith that never changes but her children will take their fathers name as usual. There is no taking of a husbands name whether that is first name or surname in any circumstance she is her fathers daughter and will be so called.

Ahh now that makes sense. Is there a reason women don't take their husbands names or is it just the way it's always been?
Also, if two women marry and adopt, which 2nd name will the kids take?

Hope you don't mind all the questions! X

I didn't think that 2 women would be allowed to marry if they were Muslim, I thought that was the whole issue of Syed being Gay and not accepted?

I didn't think that 2 women would be allowed to marry if they were Muslim, I thought that was the whole issue of Syed being Gay and not accepted?

Good point, forgot about that!

Ahh now that makes sense. Is there a reason women don't take their husbands names or is it just the way it's always been?

Yes there are many reasons one of which is that the husband and wife have no blood tie and taking his name would seem they have the same lineage. There are also practical reasons as when the women gets divorced, remarries she would take on a new name each time. Moreover the fact that she is named after her father and continues to be so ties in with other rulings in Islam which hinge on her being named after her father such as, inheritance. It has a basis in equality too, meaning what makes a husband so 'different/special/better' that she would have to forego her name.

The issue with two women marrying is like mum22ttc#3, said. But adopted children will continue to carry their birth fathers name and not that of their adoptive parents, similar to the reasons stated above.

Hope that helps!

Yes there are many reasons one of which is that the husband and wife have no blood tie and taking his name would seem they have the same lineage. There are also practical reasons as when the women gets divorced, remarries she would take on a new name each time. Moreover the fact that she is named after her father and continues to be so ties in with other rulings in Islam which hinge on her being named after her father such as, inheritance. It has a basis in equality too, meaning what makes a husband so 'different/special/better' that she would have to forego her name.

The issue with two women marrying is like mum22ttc#3, said. But adopted children will continue to carry their birth fathers name and not that of their adoptive parents, similar to the reasons stated above.

Hope that helps!

Thank you :flower:
That's actually quite nice reasons, like saying the women is just as important as the man so why should she give up her name. Thank you for explaining, I'm so interested in learning about different cultures and countries.

Hope that helps!

Thank you :flower:
That's actually quite nice reasons, like saying the women is just as important as the man so why should she give up her name. Thank you for explaining, I'm so interested in learning about different cultures and countries.

It is really intersting. I studied Islam a bit at school not in depth or anything and found the stuff we did like the hisotry really interesting.

But it would be nice if EE could get stuff factually corect once in a while instead of twisting things to suit themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->