eBay buyer demanding refund.

highhopes19

Reaction score
I sent a buyer a brand new pair of coverse for my sister

I clearly stated large 6! It also says I don't do returns!

I sent them on Wednesday to the buyer and she emailed me today to say she's only just recieved them and she's not happy as the shoes were dirty on the backs and one of the diamonds had fallen off the back of one! And demanding a refund!

I emailed back saying

Really sorry you are not happy with the converses but there is no way they are dirty they are brand new! They've never been worn! And as for the glue I've used the same glue for 2 years and never has one fallen off , I get my glue specially imported for me. Also delivery may have been delayed due to bank holiday weekend and that it clearly states no refunds given!

I'm not sure where I stand? Thankyou x

Now she's threatening to open a case with eBay against me.

She says they are dirty because they were wrapped in paper I stated 100% they were new without box!

I probably wouldnt have wrapped them in paper as they might now be a little marked. If she opens a case she will probably win because ebay nearly always sides with the buyer. The fact you have put no refund would only work if they didnt fit etc she can still open a case of item not as described or item faulty. Could you offer a couple of pounds refund? Just to keep her happy. I would phone ebay and get their advice.

ebay always sides with the buyer.. pain in the a**e!!

have you asked her for photos? x

I probably wouldnt have wrapped them in paper as they might now be a little marked. If she opens a case she will probably win because ebay nearly always sides with the buyer. The fact you have put no refund would only work if they didnt fit etc she can still open a case of item not as described or item faulty. Could you offer a couple of pounds refund? Just to keep her happy. I would phone ebay and get their advice.

She's saying she wants full refund :growlmad:. The thing is I sent another 3 that day and they were all excellent feedback wrapped the same way as I had spares and Isabelle's old ones,
She said they are probably dirty being left in the back if van but surely that isn't my responsobility
I reckon she's opened them up seen they don't fit as they are a large fit as stated and now decided she dont want them.:nope:.

eBay didnt refund me when an eBayer sold me somthing which really was filthy and had actual poo on :haha::sick:

ebay always sides with the buyer.. pain in the a**e!!

have you asked her for photos? x

Yeah she's sending them now.... She's trying to say the paper marked the shoes:wacko:. I told her the exact paper they were going to be sent in she's saying they were pink paper on the inside of wrapping not the out.

When I send this she said she's going to send a pic to prove they weren't wrapped like that :wacko:. I know how I wrapped them:wacko:. She could of easily rewrapped them :dohh:

Have you offered a few pounds refund just to get her off your back? Ive sold and bought loads and in every case ive opened with a seller they have sided with me, o have had a few problems with buyers and i always try and sort it without ebay.

Have you offered a few pounds refund just to get her off your back? Ive sold and bought loads and in every case ive opened with a seller they have sided with me, o have had a few problems with buyers and i always try and sort it without ebay.

Yes Hun I've just is second offered a £10 refund and keep the converse x

Well thatll go in your favour if she does open a case. Hopefully she wont.

QUOTE=highhopes19;26494329]

Yes Hun I've just is second offered a £10 refund and keep the converse x[/QUOTE]

She's just said she can't accept the offer of a refund as they are a gift and no good to her now :shrug:. And wants a full refund and she'll return them in the morning.

But. Thing is I haven't got the £50 refund her till Friday and then my PayPal takes 5-7 days x

^^yes that is what would happen if buyer opened a case and won, and if the seller doesn't reinstate paypal within there time limit paypal pass it on to debt collectors as this is what happened to me.

I'd just ask her to send them back and as soon as you receive them you will refund her but won't refund her postage to send them back.

She's messaged back saying she would of accepted the 10 refund but can't as they were a gift so no good to her now,

I agreed to refund her in full on Friday as I don't want a case open against me. She said once I've refunded her she'll send them back.

I'm not sure which way round I should do this she sends then I refund or spi send refund and she sends :shrug:. Either way I I could send refund and she says she sent them and she hasn't. Or she could do the oppersite to me:shrug:

She said she's gonna send them 1st class recorded.

If I don't get them back I only paid £11 for them so not to sad will be more annoyed if anything
X

With any case I've ever opened, I don't get a refund until the seller has received the item back. Definitely don't send her any money until you've got the shoes.

With any case I've ever opened, I don't get a refund until the seller has received the item back. Definitely don't send her any money until you've got the shoes.

I was thinking that but I'm not sure she will shall I just refuse to refund till I have recieved the converses back :shrug:.

I mean if I don't send refund she's protected but I'm not protected if she doesn't send them is that what it means!x

Yeah, I second the not sending the money until you have the shoes. If she decides to open a case though and says they weren't as described or faulty and ebay sides with her, you will end up having to refund the return postage too.

I'm not sure entirely on how to message her saying that I can't give refund until I've recieved shoes?

So I literally put " hi I've been adviced by eBay not to issue refund untill I recieved the converse back if that's ok with you? "

I sent it, does that sound ok? Xx

Yes that sounds fine. If she is unhappy then let her open a case, dont send a refund unless you have the shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->