eBay buyer demanding refund.

Yes don't refund until you got them back. If you buy something online and want a refund you don't get it until they've received it back so it should be the same here.

I hate ebay sometimes. I've never had a problem but I sometimes feel like I will get some idiot buy my auctions and then be a tit about it.

Defo dont refund till you receive them back!!! Otherwise she will be £50 richer with a new pair of customised converse! She has no option but to send them first if she wants her money back.

You can't dodge a refund like you can dodge a return, so she is protected that way. If she sent the shoes and you didn't refund, she can open a case, show proof of postage and ebay will take the money from your Paypal account. If you send the money and she doesn't send the shoes, there's pretty much nothing you can do.
If you look at ebay's policies on returns it'll be in there somewhere, so if you need to just quote her that.

Ild let her open the case!
That way she has to send the shoes back and then you have 14 days after you receive them to refund her - demanding moo!
xx

Sounds like she might be trying it on if she wants the refund before she sends the shoes back. No company anywhere would refund something that hasn't been returned. You might find she didn't bother sending them once she realises you won't refund beforehand. I bet she accepts the tenner.

yeah dont refund until you have the goods back!! xx

She needs to provide proof of postage for her to be protected by eBay for a refund. Don't issue the refund until you have received them though. Trying to scam you x x

She's messaged back saying she would of accepted the 10 refund but can't as they were a gift so no good to her now,

I agreed to refund her in full on Friday as I don't want a case open against me. She said once I've refunded her she'll send them back.

I'm not sure which way round I should do this she sends then I refund or spi send refund and she sends :shrug:. Either way I I could send refund and she says she sent them and she hasn't. Or she could do the oppersite to me:shrug:

She said she's gonna send them 1st class recorded.

If I don't get them back I only paid £11 for them so not to sad will be more annoyed if anything
X

DO NOT refund until she sends them back AND you have received them!!

it may be wroth reading the distance selling regulations. There are exclusions for refunds on customised goods. (if they have been customised to clients specs)

Go through the resolution centre with eBay and message and say that you are happy to give a refund once you have recieved the item, this way if she doesn't provide eBay with tracking info that she has sent the item back then they won't refund her and you don't have too.
This has not long happened to me.
Phone eBay and speak to them as they were really helpfull when I had to deal with them.

This is if you are happy to refund once you have recieved them back as I haven't read all the comments!

it may be wroth reading the distance selling regulations. There are exclusions for refunds on customised goods. (if they have been customised to clients specs)

This doesn't apply to private sales, only business sellers.

You will have to accept a refund if she send them back and follows eBay rules, one of which is to send them back recorded/tracked although you are not obliged to refund her postage costs.

Just skimmed through it whilst getting lo down for a nap, She didnt make them to her spec, just do the same customs on every pair, and the couple she does sell that don't fit all look the same x

Thankyou she's sending them back first class recorded today so should be here soon fingers crossed.

Is there anything I can do In the mean time whilst waiting. Ie tracking them etc?

What happens if they don't come?

Sorry I've ever dealt with this before x

Ask her for the tracking number. I assume she didn't open a case as she is required to enter this on it AFAIK?

Remember, you are not required to refund her the return postage costs.

Does that only mean I don't send her the postage for her sending them to me? Or does that include the postage that she paid in the first place for when I sent them to her when she first brought them? X

i had this happen to me on ebay. i required a tracking number so i had proof in case she did open a case that i did or did not recieve them. once i got them, i refunded what she paid initially and her initial shipping to her but your not required to pay for return shipping. the buyer tried to say it was wrapped wrong and broke, it wasnt. i resold it when i recieved it back. a few months later i get an email from ebay and this buyer was repeatedly doing this to people over the same type of item. needless to say, they were banned from ebay.

No you dont refund any shipping cost for her to send them back to you. You refund the first amount (product and shipping) as the shipping was included in the amount u originally received from her. Do it thru ebay and paypal and your costs should be refunded.

I've just emailed bar asking if she's managed to send them back to me yet and if she has any tracking information for them.

What do I do if she says she hasn't any tracking information ? X

If she doesnt have tracking information then more fool her. IF that happens and you receive them back then just go ahead and refund her, but if you dont receive them and she doesnt have tracking information then she cant proove that she sent them so its tough sh*t on her behalf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->