eBay buyer saying they can't pay till next week

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm pretty new to eBay.

I've just sold a footmuff on there, 5 people bidded . I emailed her saying the parcel is ready to be sent as soon as I receive her payment.

She emailed me back saying cant pay till Monday many thanks

What should I do? Wait till Monday? Or is this not Allowed on eBay?

What would you do? Xx

Monday is only two days I wouldn't worry, eBay won't let you open a case until four days after selling anyway AFAIK.

I believe that they have up to 5? (or is it 7?) days to pay before you can report as a non payer anyway. It annoys me as I am one that pays instantly, but others tend not to!

Id wait till monday tbh hun, if it was friday she sent that message she is probably thinking you wont be able to post over the weekend or if she pays friday she wont get it weekend so she'd rather pay monday i get people like that.

As it's the weekend i wouldnt worry just wait till monday.

Thankyou I wasn't sure I've only just started out

Thanks everyone :D

Xxxxxx

yeah that wouldnt bother me, she was honest and upfront about it so i would be happy to wait, its when they try and be shady and sneaky and tell you a week later they have been in hospital that it pees me off. why not just tell the truth lol

I agree, just wait till monday and post once they pay :) I'm far happier when buyers are honest like that rather than them who just don't bother saying anything. I actually once had someone message me after winning the auction, saying 'I can't pay till Wednesday cos I have no money till then but could you post it Monday cos I need it Tuesday' :wacko: errrrm no.

Atleast she let you know!!... I've had a few that I've had to chase! Really annoying!

I agree, just wait till monday and post once they pay :) I'm far happier when buyers are honest like that rather than them who just don't bother saying anything. I actually once had someone message me after winning the auction, saying 'I can't pay till Wednesday cos I have no money till then but could you post it Monday cos I need it Tuesday' :wacko: errrrm no.

What a cheek lol

Like other posters have said, it's pretty normal to be honest. I would say in future though, if you're going to become a regular seller, not to mail people straight after the auction has ended asking for payment. To some buyers, it's just the excuse they need to act like nobbers and drop you a neg. I tend to leave it 3 days and then message them if that's any help :thumbup:

The one that bugs me is when you have several things ending at the same time, 3 will pay but the other one will take 3 days so you have to make two trips to the post office :grr: With no car, and my LO in tow, this makes life bloody difficult!

I think it's normal but by god it drives me insane having to wait for days. Not on usual bidding but on Buy It Now. Really winds me up!

I think it's normal but by god it drives me insane having to wait for days. Not on usual bidding but on Buy It Now. Really winds me up!

I'm pretty sure there's an option for immediate payment on Buy It Now items if that helps? Basically, the item remains on ebay until the buyer has actually paid and completed the transaction. HTH :thumbup:

Here it is...

https://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg517/Piggywinkle/1344164576-picsay.jpg

I usually give 3-4 days for a payment, at least she has let you know, if it had been personally I would have messaged you before bidding asking if that would have been OK but thats just me :flower:

Thankyou :flower:.

The item had sold a few days before I asked her and I'd already wrapped it as oh had a few other parcels to take saves doing 2 trips, as I don't drive and oh is at work so by the time he gets home to take me most are shut :(.

Xx

Normally u have up to 7 days to pay then u can report

All sorted now Thankyou, been paid and shipped today :).

A customer on eBay brought a Ralph Lauren jacket it was shipped and sent tracking number, I sen 2 parcels that day a bumbo which I've got positive feedback on so PayPal have released my money and the jacket which I haven't heard anything back from so PayPal are withholding my money for upto 21 days!

If the buyer doesn't leave any feedback still even after 21 days will PayPal still hold my money :( ? Xxx

No they do this to all new ebay members after they leave feedback or after 21 days you can then get your money xc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->