Ebay

Layla

Reaction score
Does anyone make a profit from it?

I have a few things for sale that are ending today, sold a few bits, a couple are bidding and lots of watchers on the rest.

But with ebay fee's, paypal fee's and postage (i pay out of my own pocket instead of useing the paypal money) it doesnt seem worth it, i only come out with a tiny amount from it all. :roll:

xx

i dont sell little things all the hassel of going to the post office etc

all i sell is big things for local pick up..

i sold my dinning table today for £50 i brought it 3 weeks ao for £20 :lol:

lol nice one!

I iwll have alot of parcels to poast tomorrow, i have 5 here waiting to send, plus about 14 things ending today lol If they all sell, it will cost me a small fortune!

xx

We sell alot on ebay the best weve had was 130 albums on there we made £230

Dont sell unless its cheap listing day.

sell memorabilia and left overs mainly, but never earn much on there really. Sold my heely's a while ago but the money went onto Sisyters wedding cake stand :roll: so never saw it

the few things i have sold i have made money

i brought a sofa for £100 i sold it on ebay after using it for 9months and it sold for £150

I used to work for a company where my job was to list stuff and sell it on ebay, it was al macro stuff that was faulty, ex display or slight seconds, clothes, furniture toys etc. Ialso used to pick up pargin stuff myself and seel it on. I made £600 in a week seeling PDAs that Ibought cheap from a shop that went bust. Their is a nack to making money from it, like the way you word listings, and ALWAYS include photos. Also Ialways get stuff weighed first to see how much it costs to post, and I charge the postage at enough to cover my listing fees, paypal fees and postage. Also the start price on a n aution so if you only get on bid its not for just the basic 99p! or if its very valuble always use a reserve, and be naughty and get people you know to bid against people :oops:

What sort of thing are you trying to sell? Also Iwould really aviod doing local pick up only as you really limit your buyers. Its always worth seeing how much it costs to post stuff, I have often found things I thought would cost a fortune to send arnt that bad.

Ive sold two items and have made a profit with both.
I do as cat does and weigh my items and then add on extra to cover the fees.

I don't put things on auction really - mostly buy now & stuff I know I'll make a profit from.

I've just sold £40 worth of Tesco deal Yates vouchers for £25 so thats a profit really as they were exchanged from £10 worth of clubcard points.

Well i think i made about £35...not bad i guess but i wont be doing it again, to much hassle lol

xx

LOL

Buy now is worth it defo - Sometimes its less hassle giving bits to charity shops or even freecycle. I use freecycle now & my bin :lol:

Just sold my first few items on e-bay. Got rid of a load of unwanted stuff and got some money back! Made reasonable money, it was maternity clothes, and I got a little use out of the and now someone else can use them! Nothing wrong with that!

Well for £20 worth of Tescos vouchers I exchanged them for the club deals - Yates vouchers £80 worth just sold £40 x 2 for £25 so I've profited just over £45 after fees! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->