ectopic pregnancy?? scared!

ale

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. Today I am 4 weeks and 4 days and have been experiencing constant stabbing pains on my left side and it feels like its in my ovary?? I texted the nurse and she said it can either be the ovary you ovulated from on an ectopic. Its too early to book a scan because nothing will be visible! Has anyone experienced this? Am I thinking too much into it? The pain is not too bad but its annoying!

I had pain in my ovary for the first few weeks. The pain was the same as ovulation pain for me.

So everything was ok? I'm waiting on my insurance to kick in so I can go to my obgyn!

I'm pretty sure I had some sharp ovary pains early on, too. They were overshadowed by the constant (intense) menstrual cramping, though. I seriously thought I was about to miscarry or rupture a tube at any moment. At 5w6d they were able to rule out an ectopic because they saw a gestational sac in my womb. I know it's scary, but I really think what you're getting is probably very normal. We all have a corpus luteum cyst in the beginning, as that's what helps to sustain the pregnancy. I'd imagine that it can be uncomfortable at times. I don't think that you would be able to feel pain from an ectopic quite yet, but I can't be sure. In any case, I don't think it should dangerous quite yet if that is the case. You should be able to rule it out with an ultrasound in another week.

Best of luck to you. :hugs:

I'm 11 weeks today and haven't had a scan yet but I haven't had any pain since about 7 weeks. I was worried too but tried to focus on the fact that it seemed the same as ovulation to me.

OK that makes me feel better! Thank you ladies!!

I was googling ectopic pregnancy while waiting for my first scan... Baby was where she should've been and pain slowly subsided over the next few weeks. It may be your corpus luteum working hard. You obviously want to rule out ectopic but there are usually other signs associated. Dizziness, gastrointestinal and bleeding. I would ask to go in for hCG testing once your insurance is up and running. Ectopics usually have erratic hormone levels.

I was googling ectopic pregnancy while waiting for my first scan... Baby was where she should've been and pain slowly subsided over the next few weeks. It may be your corpus luteum working hard. You obviously want to rule out ectopic but there are usually other signs associated. Dizziness, gastrointestinal and bleeding. I would ask to go in for hCG testing once your insurance is up and running. Ectopics usually have erratic hormone levels.

Hopefully I can get to see the doc by next week!

Just relax. I went through that same thing. I was at the hospital two weeks straight because I was having cramping in my side and because I didn't have a regular OBGYN no one would see me until I was at least 8 weeks. So I went to emergency room.

By the second time I went they were able to see heartbeat and they said everything was fine. Although I do have some pains now, but scared to go to doctor. but Just relax fingers crossed it's nothing. But I was googling and all I saw was the bad outcomes, so it hade me even more scared.

Well the pain stopped but over night it started on the other side but not the ovaries so I just convinced myself everything was OK!

I also had this sort of pain didn't know I was pregnant at the time and pretty much convinced myself I was either dying or had appendicitis still get the pain mainly at night or early hours when I turn over good luck x

So what did they say it was?!

I never asked what it was read plenty on here once I found out and it seemed like there was many woman in the same boat just stretching and baby settling in for the long haul is what I put it down to :shrug:

OK good! Well It has stopped completely :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->