EDD Sept 20th bump buddies wanted!

This is my 14+1 bump taken. No bloating in this picture.
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/FB3BB8F5-106D-47F2-A5A0-77815D33E5E7-3651-00000513E3F3A7F4_zpsa316ee46.jpg

I felt movement a couple weeks ago and I felt her moving pretty much all day long. The fluttering that I knew for a fact wasn't gas. When I lie down to go to sleep every night I swear that I feel baby moving then too, but nothing really external yet. I'm excited to start feeling consistent movement though :)

Ah Adopim your bump is perfect!! :flower:

This is my 15+3 bump. Mostly bloat from eating my massive dinner :haha: but a lot bigger for my normal stomach size, which was very flat. I'm a chunky thigh girl lol :dohh: :haha:

Attachments

• Picture0037.jpg
    Picture0037.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
So here the questions I answered:

1. What day did you get your BFP? How many DPO were you? I tested very late as my cycles were so irregular and long that I thought I would see another BFN so I tested on the 16/1/13.

2. Are you hoping for a or a ? Or maybe you're really ambitious and you hope it's, , , ?? I honestly don't mind :shrug:

3. Will you be learning baby's sex early, or staying team ? DEFINITELY finding out!

4. How old are you? What # is this for you? I am 26 and this is baby #1

5. Have you had any pregnancy symptoms so far? Luckily morning sickness didn't get me just queasiness and tiredness.

6. Have you announced your pregnancy to friends and family yet? If not, when do you plan on telling? I've told who I want to tell, my small nosey town will do the rest :dohh: :winkwink:

7. Do you have baby names picked out yet, and if so, do you want to share? Not really, I think I want to find out the sex first.

8. How do you feel about this pregnancy? Honestly?? Crapping myself!! BUT so happy and realise, especially from this forum, how lucky I am :cloud9:

------------

One, I have an amniocentesis tomorrow morning, so wish me luck!

Two, I'm going to hire a birth doula. I've interviewed two doulas this past week, and am trying to decide between them.

Here’s what both provide:

• Doula support services during the birth: pain management through massage, counterpressure, aromatherapy, soft music, emotional support, etc.
  • Basic lactation support
  • Both are very friendly and easy to get along with
  • Both offer additional contracts for postpartum doula services if I decide that I want those later on
  • Both seem to love birth and being a part of the birth experience
PROS for Doula #1:

• Her services seem more clearly laid out and structured
  • Seems more knowledgeable & experienced
  • Includes professional birth photography in her services; provides a picture book at the postpartum visit
  • Services include one more prenatal visit than Doula #2
  • Seems interested in religion (this is always a plus with me)
CONS for Doula #1:

• Is $400 more expensive than Doula #2
  • Is not as familiar with the hospital I want to labor at as Doula #2
PROS for Doula #2:

• Knows the hospital that I want to labor at well, knows the staff there, maybe even has met my doctor already
  • Is $400 cheaper than Doula #1
CONS for Doula #2:

• Is willing to take amateur snapshots with our own camera, but is not a professional photographer
  • Includes one less prenatal visit in her services than Doula #1
I’m leaning towards Doula #1 in spite of the higher price tag. While the cons balance each other out, she has more pros. I could certainly buy a lot of baby stuff with an extra $400, but I’d also really like professional birth photography, and hiring even a cheap birth photographer would probably be another $200-$300, and then I’d have another person in the labor and delivery room. For the record, Doula #1 has 14 years of experience, while Doula #2 has 2 years of experience.

Any feedback?

Gut is moving towards #1.

Had an amniocentesis this morning (thread on that here). They did a thorough ultrasound beforehand, and baby was measuring 6 days ahead of my due date (9/14/2013). However, I'm very certain of my ovulation date and not going to move my due date.

Even though I told them I was team :yellow: and did not want to know the sex, I *thought* I maybe saw something in between baby's legs. Could have just been the umbilical though! Definitely did not see anything that looked like white vagina lines. Fun to think about it! Guess we'll know in 5.5 months.

Baby says hi!

https://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/ProserpinaPomegranate/ic2013-10_zps5a534e12.png​

Proserpina, I love that scan picture! <3

I do too! It looks like baby is praying or something. And with me as his/her mom, s/he'd better!

Preliminary amnio results are back, btw. Baby does not appear to have Down syndrome, Edwards syndrome, Patau syndrome, any sex chromosome disorders (like Turner syndrome), or DiGeorge syndrome (DD's disorder).

That's great news Proserpina! I'm glad to hear things are looking good :D

As for me, I think I felt baby pushing slightly on me. Felt almost like someone gently poking me from the inside (of course they weren't strong at all, but I know I didn't imagine them as it happened 3-4 times). The funny part is that I was at a Minnesota Twins baseball game and we had an amazing bottom of the 8th. I got very excited and it was shortly after that (when I calmed down) when I noticed the "poking" feeling.

That's great news Proserpina! I'm glad to hear things are looking good :D

As for me, I think I felt baby pushing slightly on me. Felt almost like someone gently poking me from the inside (of course they weren't strong at all, but I know I didn't imagine them as it happened 3-4 times). The funny part is that I was at a Minnesota Twins baseball game and we had an amazing bottom of the 8th. I got very excited and it was shortly after that (when I calmed down) when I noticed the "poking" feeling.

Yay! That is exciting, I am jealous you were at the game while I was watching updates from my computer in my classroom. Great game, yay twins!!!!!!!

Yay! That is exciting, I am jealous you were at the game while I was watching updates from my computer in my classroom. Great game, yay twins!!!!!!!

I love that they took 2 out of 3 in the opening series, and against the Tigers too! It was a great game. My DH and a friend of his get the 40 game season ticket package. Target Field is amazing so I'm excited to be actually going to a couple games a month this season :)
I'm taking DD to the game next Sunday. She's more excited about the train ride to the field, but she's almost a whole year older from the last game she went to (I took her to her very first game last May).

Congratulations to agreeksmom, who has abandoned team :yellow: and just found out she is having a :pink:!

Anybody else learn the sex of their baby? I have updated the list.

Was doing some thread/profile stalking to see if anyone else had posted sex-of-the-baby announcements and I just wanted to say, floridamomma, I am so sorry for your loss. :( :hugs:

I also see that Lou1 had an MC on or around January 22, but is now pregnant again and expecting a New Year's Day 2014 baby. Sorry for your loss and congratulations, Lou! Good luck with this pregnancy. :hugs:

After more post stalking, it looks like adopim, Em1991, emma123456, and Maybebub are all having :pink: while NellaB and oboeverity are having :blue:. Grats to you ladies as well!

Yep, we are having a girl. We actually found out at our NT scan.. I had an unexpected ultrasound last Monday (due to pains as well as watery discharge that needed to be checked out) and the tech said it looks like a girl to her too (my normal ultrasound tech is different than the one who did my NT, they have specialized people do the NT scans). I have my 20 week scan in a couple weeks and I'm going to have our tech try to get a nice shot between the legs with a "It's a girl" caption on it for the scrapbook. Lol

Yep, we are having a girl. We actually found out at our NT scan.. I had an unexpected ultrasound last Monday (due to pains as well as watery discharge that needed to be checked out) and the tech said it looks like a girl to her too (my normal ultrasound tech is different than the one who did my NT, they have specialized people do the NT scans). I have my 20 week scan in a couple weeks and I'm going to have our tech try to get a nice shot between the legs with a "It's a girl" caption on it for the scrapbook. Lol
Ha, yeah, I have one of those in my daughter's baby book. A friend of mine did one of those "guess the sex of the baby" events on Facebook a few weeks ago. I loved her comment when she posted the potty shot: "This is the only situation where you can totally post a picture of a vagina on Facebook and nobody will complain!"

I was offered several opportunities to find out the sex of my baby after my amniocentesis, but I remain stubbornly dedicated to team :yellow:.

Hats off for staying team yellow! I wish I could, but I just do not have the patience for it. :haha:

What wonderful updates!! I am so happy for you all!!

AFM I have been having very similar symptoms to last time with cycle. Will let you all know if we have another BFP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->