Elf on the shelf

wildflower79

Reaction score
Ours are arriving tomorrow! How are yours making their entrance this year? What are they going to be getting up to? Would love to see some mischief pics each day

Kids will set the door out tonight and sprinkle glitter and hope they come, they won’t really do much tomorrow the excitement is just them being there tbh
I still need to go shopping for ‘elf supplies’ tbh so need to find things round the house for ideas until I can shop without eyes around

I can't wait! I'm going to have mine bring the advent calendars. DD stays up with DH tonight though after he gets home from work, so I'm going to have to hide the elf and calendars somewhere for him to put out once she's finally asleep. Hope he remembers!

Not sure tbh. In the past I've had a December box with crafts, PJ's etc but we've already had those.
DDs haven't mentioned him but DH likes it so maybe we'll just have him sat in the middle of the floor....actually I got a tube of smarties for their advent so he could be tipping those out.
I'm terrible at forgetting to do something then have to wake up early to do it!

We'll be putting the elf door out tonight and when DS wakes up the Christmas tree with be up and a December box (advent calendars, crafts, Christmas book, DVD's) will be under the tree

I've got a few ideas for the month:

- Elf sitting in a sleigh with the paw patrol pups pulling him along

- Riding a train on the wooden train tracks around the bottom of the tree

- Elf swing from a door frame

- Climbing up the wall using bows as climbing rocks

Oh my goodness, so glad to see this bc I totally forgot tomorrow is Dec 1! HOW did I forget!! We're doing the elf for the first time this year. It's all dd has been talking about lately and I can't wait to surprise her with it. Never heard of the elf door...will need to look in to that. I can't believe I let this date slip up on me, I've not finished her Dec 1 box yet. Can't wait to see what others' elves are up to.

I bought a elf door this year !

Ours usually arrives in the 1st December box which I am yet to sort out ! Still in the loft .

Will be stalking this thread for ideas ! C14 I’m terrible at remembering too . There’s been a few times he’s just been threw in the tree or somewhere lol

Ours are turning up tomorrow morning with a letter :)

Doing our first Elf on a Shelf this year with our 3 year old, I've not even told him about it so it will be a total surprise when he wakes up tomorrow morning and he sees it.

Looking for some ideas, Its suppose to be hubbys job but no doubt I will end up doing it lol

Ours has just arrived, we’ve put the Christmas tree up as a surprise and the elf has brought their advent calendars. Our elf is pretty tame compared to some - my kids don’t get the humour when he does something naughty

Our elf has just arrived too, he put the tree up and bought a December box with him

20181130_225345.jpg

I've set the table ready for special pancakes for breakfast. The elves are waiting with advent calendars and activity books. I've also cut out some paper arrows and left a trail leading down the stairs to the dining table.

I've been waiting ages for dd1 to go to sleep so I can set it all up!

IMG_20181130_210622901~01.jpg

ours was caught looking into the fish tank :fish:

Ours showed up yesterday and dd was thrilled. It's the first year for him and she had prayed she would get an elf. It was so fun. I put her Dec 1st box, advent calendar and elf on her bed and then sprayed a trail from the playroom window (pretending he came in through there??...she bought it LOL) down the hall and into her bedroom with spray snow in a can. She decided that it was magic fairy dust. Ours showed up yesterday afternoon when we returned from shopping.

This morning I've just got him sitting in my Christmas village with her hand sanitizer. I was tired, it was late and I couldn't think of what to do with him. She thought it was funny that he was using her hand sanitizer so I guess that's all that matters. Will have to come up with some plans for him.

Last night our elves were playing pop up pirate. One of them replaced the pirate and was head first upside down in the barrel. I'm not sure what to do tonight, but need to think of something soon

I fell asleep last night and forgot about the elf, so this morning was a rushed put under the glass lamp like he was trapped

Elfis toilet papered the tree but ate some of the girls gingerbread biscuits they made and has gotten stuck in the toilet roll :-k.

I remember last year by the 20th I was running on empty so the day he was swinging on the light he fell of broke his leg. He had a cast and crutches and a letter telling the girls he was out of action for couple days till his leg healed but he was still watching :xmas2:

X

IMG-20181202-WA0040.jpeg IMG-20181202-WA0044.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"