Email hacking ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH

Pearls18

Reaction score
So an old email account was hacked today and emails with spam sent out, I have re accessed the account and changed the password, I am attempting to close the account as I don't use it but due to a link with xbox Microsoft is ironically making it very difficult. Anyway, how do they manage to hack into our accounts in the first place? I have changed the password to a much stronger one until I can close it, but is there anything else I can do??

It seems very common. Honestly don't know how it happens as my passwords are never easy and different for everything I use. I feel for you though , Microsoft make it so hard to get things in order!

My hotmail has been hacked twice in the past few months. I mainly use my yahoo or gmail account now, my hotmail is from years ago, but I haven't been able to close it. It's just too difficult!

Run a virus scan on all your computers and your phone. If you have something called a keylogger that is how they keep figuring out your passwords after you change them. That sucks, and its such a pain! I hope you get it all resolved quickly. Check your bank accounts and credit cards to make sure nothing looks suspicious. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->