• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Embarrassed.

lorynn

Mom of 5
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's Lorynn here. I've been on the site for a while but I've pretty much been inactive since I had my youngest daughter. If you don't know my story, I'll try to give you a gist of it in as short a paragraph as I can :)

Nobody ever believes that I am a 24 year old mother of 5. I wouldn't believe me either. In fact, some think I'm crazy or wild or both. I have more kids than my parents and my boyfriend's parents had combined. I've made my fair share of bad decisions that have fortunately ended in blessings. I've seen some other moms on other sites who were young with more than two kids (I saw one who was my age with 6 kids!) It's crazy, but you better believe it. :wacko:

I got pregnant in my first semester of college, I wasn't quite 18 yet. My boyfriend, David I had met at a mutual friend's high school graduation party a few months prior. I will admit I was never a wild child, but when I went off to college, something changed about me that I can never explain. Anyway, I found out later in the semester after being in denial and not wanting to take a pregnancy test that I was pregnant, and I was so scared. Dave and I told our parents during winter break of 2008 that we were expecting a child and needless to say, they were very disappointed in us. Dave's dad didn't talk to him for a while. I decided to return to school for the spring and work through the pregnancy. I had my first son about a month after finals that semester (June 2009). Everything fell into place, and we were doing just fine. We returned to our college town, got an apartment, and came back for the fall, with the baby. I was taking classes part time, and Dave was full time, plus he was working. Things went well, and we finished the fall semester in one piece. Spring semester 2010 rolls around, and we find out that we're pregnant again. I probably cried for two weeks straight because I felt so stupid and our families had already been so great to us. We didn't go back home that summer, we decided to stay at college so I could take summer classes and Dave could work two jobs. We both entered Fall 2010 with a strong mind, and I made arrangements to take finals early and online. I gave birth to my second son in December 2010.Being pregnant in college is as hard as it sounds, from the exhaustion, to the cravings, to the weird stares, to the moments where your belly is too big to do certain things. I had large babies, and I was a slender athletic 5'4 and 130 lbs before having my first baby. My bellies were all out front so going to class felt like somewhat of a sideshow in the 3rd trimester, especially the second time around. Anyway, we finished junior year with no new babies. I got on birth control after the second baby, but got off of it when I was having some really bad side effects. I got engaged (unofficially) in the last semester of our senior year.

Dave got a great job right after graduation, and I found work at a hospital clinical laboratory while I applied for grad school. We were finally set! Then I got pregnant with my twin boy and girl. Coming off birth control did some wacky stuff with ovulation and my period (that I wasn't getting for a while) so this was a total shock. This time, we had a sense of calm. We had so many people rooting for us and we had accomplished the nearly impossible (with tonsss of emotional, financial, and spiritual help from amazing friends and family) so we could only be shocked and excited. I gave birth in April 2013 to my twins. We decided to try for one more after that, and I gave birth this past spring to my baby girl. Dave and I got married this past summer! <3

So now...I will get to the point.

I am embarrassed. I was embarrassed when I conceived my oldest two children because I was so young and careless. The twins came at a perfect time, but now, I haven't told anyone outside my very close friends and husband that I'm 16 weeks pregnant right now. I don't even know why I'm embarrassed. I have 5 beautiful kids, an amazing husband, the best friends and family I could ever ask for, and an education. Why do I feel embarrassed? I can't even bring myself to drive upstate and visit my family because I actually look pregnant. I know it's not something i should ever keep from my mom or my sister or my dad, but I just feel like maybe they think we're careless and taking advantage of their help. Granted, we aren't relying on anyone financially anymore (very grateful for that), I still feel very bad, and I don't understand why. I'm just venting on here because I feel like I have no choice but to go up there and tell everyone. Why do i feel like this? Is it so bad to have a troop full of kids with the man I love so much? Why am I beating myself up? Yes, I wish I hadn't gotten pregnant so early and yes I wish I hadn't been silly enough to let it happen a second time. But I've been blessed with the most beautiful most amazing little bundles of happiness I could have ever prayed for.

While I understand that not many people can relate exactly to this, can anyone offer any advice on how to focus on the positives? Thank you so much for reading this super long novel, I'm sure there are typos somewhere. Thanks so much

-Lorynn

awww hun dont be ambarrased!! you should be proud of yourselves and what you have achieved. what you have done has not been easy. hold your head up high and be the proud mummy you deserve to be,,, 2 babies... or 6 babies.. you are amazing! you and your husband :) :hugs:

thanks so much. It's been a long road. I'm starting to feel better about it, I think maybe I'm just hormonal and sad, perhaps. thanks so much for the kind words, they really made my day! Brought a little happy tear ;)

-Lorynn

your bound to be very emotional just now hun :hugs: But always remember you are doing a fabulous job with your babies. Lots and lots of beautiful babies to cuddle each night and celebrate each day with :cloud9:

Psh! No one deserves a bigger round of applause! Congratulations on ALL that you and your husband have accomplished! What you both have attained is very damn near close to impossible! So take pride in that and stay proud! This child is a blessing and will be born to two very strong, motivated, and truly dedicated parents.... I am very truly happy for you both and in awe of your accomplishments.

Girl! You only live ONCE! This is YOUR life. Don't be embarrassed about your little group of miracles!

Don't let anyone make you feel ashamed about your family and your life. While you appreciated their help, you weren't taking advantage of them.

When all your kids are older, you will realize how each and every one of them are little blessings that came at the right time and you wouldn't change anything:)

Embarrassed? Honestly, you should be extremely proud. Reading, your title; I assumed somewhere along the lines in your story there was going to be a downside but there isn't. You and your husband are amazing, honestly you have achieved what a lot of people couldn't. A 24 year old soon to be mom of 6, haha wow! Impressive. You should be very proud, not embarrassed.

Wow you're crazy fertile! That is awesome!! I have a friend that literally her husband looks at her and she gets pregnant. When they start trying by the time her period is due she's pregnant lol. So she stays on BC and they use condoms and pull out because she doesn't want more.

On the other hand I have a friend I went to high school with that is about your age and she is actually pregnant with her fourth child. She had her first when she was 16/17 years old.

Don't be embarrassed, especially if you guys can support yourself! It's your choice how many kids you want to have. I personally don't want more than two, but it's because I'm not confident that I could handle more than that or support them. But that's my own insecurities. I'm totally rooting for you!

Hi there, first off I see you are from Harrisburg. I live just outside of Harrisburg, so we're neighbors. :)

After reading your story, you have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. You have accomplished more than most of us could ever dream of. A huge congratulations to you in your new pregnancy. :)

You are a grown ass woman who had made grown up choices. It sounds like you guys have a wonderful family and tremendous perserverence and work ethic. I was embarassed and scared to tell my family when I was pregnant with my first at 24. Then I thought what in the world am I worried about. Just own it. What a blessing to have another little personality enter your family. I was seriously reading the a story waiting for the bad part lol like if you guys split or something. Be happy and cherish your family! &#9786;

Wow. Bowing down to you right now! I don't have anything to say other than I have the utmost respect for you and your husband. Please don't be embarrassed.

Think of how awesome it'll be when they are in their twenties and you're still relatively young, you'll have so much life left to enjoy, time for you and hubby to do whatever you want, all those lovely grandkids you'll be active enough to truly be involved with, a huge family to hang out with etc... I think the way you've done it is brilliant... Be proud! Xx

I don't see any reason to be embarrassed. Echoing what other ladies have said, I believe you should very well be proud. College with a pregnancy sounds like no easy task. I'm deathly afraid to go back to college after failing once, with or without a LO.

Cheers to you.

You have had your babies all with the same man. You obviously love kids and both spund like providers and great parents.

you only live once and your children are your life and future. Anybody who has an issue with you is not your problem but there own. Life in my opinion is about family and people. A big family all together looking out for eachother. That to me sounds perfect.

Its your life. Live it for you hun xx

Psh! No one deserves a bigger round of applause! Congratulations on ALL that you and your husband have accomplished! What you both have attained is very damn near close to impossible! So take pride in that and stay proud! This child is a blessing and will be born to two very strong, motivated, and truly dedicated parents.... I am very truly happy for you both and in awe of your accomplishments.

This. Exactly. :thumbup::hugs:

You are amazing! I'm 23 expecting #2 me & OH had our DD in our teens.

I don't know exactly what your going through but I understand the worries of how other people will react especially family, but you have achieved everything! Why do you need to feel embarrassed? You & your DH have already shown your great parents, you've stayed with each other through everything, your married.. congratulations on another addition to your family :)

I'm jealous of your lovely family, I'm still waiting for my proposal & had hoped to have at least 3 children by now, stupid OH :haha:

:hugs: I am 24 years old and pregnant with my 4th child. I conceived my first when I was 20 years old.

It sounds like you guys are doing great, and I wouldn't be embarrassed in the least if I were you!

Committed relationship, work and finances are in order...I see no issues here!!

I just want to say that I absolutely LOVED reading your story! I think you both managing to get through school is nothing short of amazing. I'm 24 and expecting #1 and I can't wait until I'm expecting #6 like you. What a wonderful life you have. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Sending you a supportive hug from Iowa! I am pregnant with my 4th baby and my husband and I plan to keep it to ourselves for quite a while because we fear the same things you explain fearing. Be brave mama. Hug your babies. In the end all you need is your little family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->