End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

The range for non pregnant is like 5-18. The range for first trimester pregnancy is like 5 to 50. So while I'm not in the not pregnant range I don't feel confident that the 20 is my magic number. I've read that women can have a 140 and not be pregnant then have a 32 and be pregnant. I just don't get it.

Congrats on your BFP, Livvy!!

Sorry to all that got bfn's :( and for those that had AF show.

MnG: Sorry about your results. What is the number supposed to be?

Jules: those cakes are ridiculous. Lol.

Afm, I'm about 3dpo. No symptoms to report yet, lol. I'm so tired today, but that's dd's fault. She was up from 4am-5am today for no reason. Maybe more teeth are coming, who knows! But I'm exhausted lol.

I Just want to share a thought I had about people 'gloating' their pregnancies. I know how you all feel! But that person may not realize it. They may just be SUPER happy and can't help but talk about it. I'm sure I hurt someone's feelings when I got preg with dd. But it's just the best moment in your life when you have been ttc for any amount of time. I hope I'm not coming off wrong. If I am sorry to anyone I may offend.

Good luck to anyone testing soon!

Thank you everyone! Aww MnG I am so sorry!

Sorry to hear that MnG :(

I *think* I've had the beginnings of af cramps here, just for a few mins. I used to get mad twinges for days beforehand but that seems to have stopped for the last few months. So it will probably just come with a bang tomorrow morning :(

Only first proper month of this ttc stuff and I'm already sick of it. Gutted we should stop it again until December...need to chat with himself and see what our plan is for definite. My anxiety is back today because I'm in the final wait of hoping against hope until tomorrow. I would test today just to see the bfn except I have no tests and have relatives visiting so won't get a moment alone until 10 or 11 tonight, at which point there would be no point testing so late.

Sorry MnG...I must have been responding when you wrote this then left the thread before I saw your post. I don't understand the whole numbers things. And from what you said in the above post, its so confusing.

Ruby ~ didn't offend me at all. And I know exactly what you mean so you didn't come off wrong. I was super excited about all of mine too. It is an exciting time for anyone ttc. While no one around me has gloated about their pregnancy, they have shared just like anyone would, others may have people "gloat". I know my sister in law was hurt when we told her that we lost the baby (no one knew we were even pregnant). But she was hurt because she only chose to have 2 children where as we have always wanted 4. So every time we talk about kids she gets all negative to us. Saying things like why would you want that many? I know its her issue to deal with but why should I not share? And those that have had their babies around me, they have done the normal baby sharing news. I share in their joy as well. Just inside it hurts a bit. I hope that made sense...I tend to ramble on sometimes...

I caved a tested early this morning... BFN. I used a dollar store test, has anyone used these before, I'm not sure how accurate they are?

Tomorrow I will go for blood work to see if I am ovulating, and if that comes back normal I think the next step is the HSG test, has anyone gone through this? My first baby was easy to conceive, I wasn't even ttc.

Hi Sheylee. I've used the dollar store ones. Be careful as I've gotten false positives before with them.
I had my HSG in May. Few words of advice. .. take 2 ibuprofen an hr ahead of time. Bring a pad with you as well. I had slight spotting for 2 days after but nothing serious. It was also a bit painful for me but in the end turned out I was clear.
Good luck!!

Livvy, congrats!!!! That's so great, I'm so happy for you!!! :happydance:

Welcome to all the new ladies! FX for you and good luck! I hope this is your month! :)

Sorry to all that have gotten BFN's so far. :( Don't count yourself out just yet, there's still time! I'm hopeful for you! :)

Jules, those cakes were hilarious! Thanks for posting those. :)

Ruby's, I agree with you about other people announcing their pregnancies. Granted I haven't been trying for very long yet, and maybe I'll feel differently about it once I have been, but for now I can't help but feel super happy for them! If I know how much I want this, I know they are probably feeling the same. I understand the slight feeling of sadness though, and the "why can't that be me?" feeling. Hope I'm not offending anyone either by saying that!

Mommyto, I think what you said made perfect sense and I agree with it too! :)

Afm, AF arrived this morning so I'm definitely out this month. I knew that spotting couldn't be a good sign of things to come! Oh well, on to the next cycle! I'm just really hoping I can get a longer lp this next cycle, as 6-7 days isn't good at all. I'm going to buy the ic ovulation strips and try those this cycle as well.

Good luck to all of you still in the game! I can't wait to see more BFP's on this thread, I just know they're coming! :D

MnG - in so sorry your progesterone level was not as high as you would have liked. My doc said a level of 20 and above is normal and shows you ovulated so at least it's much better in comparison to your last months results - which is great news :) ! Have you thought about using a progesterone cream as well? Maybe that will help to get your levels higher. Also I know exactly how you feel regarding it being over a year, as it's been that long for us too and it well and truly sucks! :hug:

Afm - I've been in a bit of a mood today after my BFN this morning. I'll test again tonight as have a few IC's left, but like this morning I expect to see another BFN I find the first HPT of each cycle the worst as you have so much hope. After the first BFN each cycle I just expect them after that, so they don't affect me as much. Will regards to symptoms, my boobs are a little tender when I push against them but thats normal for me around now. I've had a few really mild AF type cramps today, but they didn't last long and again normal for me. The strangest thing for me had been all afternoon I have had red hot burning ears and face - I've not looked in the mirror yet but I feel like a beetroot! Also I usually feel a bit bloated before AF but nothing yet, but then again I can't remember how soon before AF I usually get bloated, it might just be the day or two before in which case it's too soon yet as AF due on Friday. Xx

Turtle - so sorry the witch got you. Have you recently come off birth control? Maybe your cycles have not regulated since then as they can take a few months to. FX'd September is your month. Xx

Turtle - so sorry the witch got you. Have you recently come off birth control? Maybe your cycles have not regulated since then as they can take a few months to. FX'd September is your month. Xx

Bing, yes I did recently come off the pill so I know it might take awhile for sure. That part's totally fine. The only reason it makes me nervous is because the last time I was off the pill, my cycles were only 21 days. I always just assumed I was ovulating around day 7 then and had a normal lp range. Now I'm starting to wonder if I wasn't really ovulating around day 14 like I "should", and just have a super short lp. I know this could just be my body adjusting but when I also look at last time, it makes me nervous. And would better explain my Dr's response of "I wouldn't say it's impossible to get pregnant with that short of a cycle or anything" would I told her how short they had been last time. I was super confused before of why she would say that, thinking I would just O early too and have a normal lp...now I understand. :/ Only time will tell though I suppose! :)

Bing, yes I did recently come off the pill so I know it might take awhile for sure. That part's totally fine. The only reason it makes me nervous is because the last time I was off the pill, my cycles were only 21 days. I always just assumed I was ovulating around day 7 then and had a normal lp range. Now I'm starting to wonder if I wasn't really ovulating around day 14 like I "should", and just have a super short lp. I know this could just be my body adjusting but when I also look at last time, it makes me nervous. And would better explain my Dr's response of "I wouldn't say it's impossible to get pregnant with that short of a cycle or anything" would I told her how short they had been last time. I was super confused before of why she would say that, thinking I would just O early too and have a normal lp...now I understand. :/ Only time will tell though I suppose! :)

Sorry Hun about AF. But on to a brand new cycle, with hopes of figuring out when you O and about your lp. Try to stay positive and look at it as getting more info to get you to your bfp. Hugs though, I know it's disappointing.
I just wanted to share with you about my cycle after I got off the pill ( and how I came to have my first baby) we wanted to start to try in December as my husband was finishing grad school and then the baby would be due after he graduated. Well I stopped the pill In sept so I could allow my body 3-4 cycles to sort itself out, get back to ovulating, I could figure out what was going on so we would know when to bd when we got to trying. So we avoided the whole fertile week and figured that would be safe. We honestly only bd like one or two times very early in my cycle, and once like around the end , maybe like cd 20 or something. Well I guess an egg just popped out whenever the hell it felt like it bc I was pregnant. I was shocked but now I understand that as just being off of the pill I probably ovulated very early, like that first week and not between days 10-17 like I had guessed ( I have a 26-27 day cycle). Anyhow, maybe you ovulate earlier than you are thinking and maybe you do in fact have a bit longer lp, maybe closer to 10 days then 7. Of course I don't know, but I'm hoping maybe that's the case! Glad you are getting OPks, maybe you will discover your surge and ovulation are earlier at this point since you recently stopped bc too! Best of luck this September! Rooting for ya!

Do you temp? (Sorry if you've answered this before - there are so many girls on this thread I can't remember who does what any more! :haha: )

If not maybe try temping to dertermine when you do actually ovulate. And even if you do have a short LP there is so much drs can do nowadays, so I'm sure they would be able to give you something to lengthen it. Acupuncture can help to lengthen your LP too.

Xx

Thanks, ladies! Jules, that's a pretty awesome story, I must say! I bet you guys were shocked! :haha:

I actually did do the opk's this month, but I didn't start until pretty late into the cycle, and then did get my positive pretty much right away. FF had my O day as cd 16, although I think it was either 16 or 17 based on the cramps. The first month off the pill I'm pretty sure I O'd on cd14 and then had a 13 day lp cycle, so that was better! I hope it will just go back to that. :D So not all hope is lost, I know!

I'm actually one of the lucky ones that really does get the O cramps, so I always have had a pretty good idea of when I've O'd. I always have, even way back when I first started my period. I don't temp yet, and I do think that would help for sure. Like you said, maybe I'm Oing earlier than I think! That would be good! Based on the cramps and the opk's this month I don't think that's the case but hey, you never know, it could be! I just really don't want to temp. I think I'll give it one more month using just the opk's (and starting testing around the right time this time) and see what I find out. If it's still all wacky, then I'll try the temping. In other words, I'm being my normal stubborn self! ;)

Oh, and no worries Bing, I can't seem to keep up with who does what anymore either! :haha:

was also wondering about those dollar store tests- i don't want to pay a lot for tests!

Welcome to all new ladies!
MnG sorry about the result! It is better that the old one so you are getting closer hun:hugs:
Turtle boo for the witch.
Jules those cakes :rofl:
Afm my mood is slightly improving. I still think I am out but feel ready ro meet the witch and try again. This time I will get more opks and maybe preseed or prim oil or magnesium+b6 or all:shrug:

Spent the day with a 9 month old baby who just tried to get into my bra and kept mouthing my chest! I CAN'T BREASTFEED YOU....I DON'T HAVE A BABY!! Waaa. Suprisingly though she did manage to take my mind of the 'am I or aren't I'!! No symptoms at all toady...gutted. :'( Boobs PLEASE start hurting.

I did some light reading about the progesterone cream but I'm still not exactly sure where you put it on or when.
The only article/study I did have time to read said it lengthened cycles and threw off other hormones which is the opposite of what I need.

Hello ladies, been a busy day!
Mng-sorry for the poor test results

Turtle that damn witch just doesn't get it does she?!

Sorry for those with AF and BFN...

AfM: Tons of CM!! Like lots. And holy painful nips!! Other than thatno symptoms.

Sorry about the results MnG :hugs:

Sorry for the witch Turtle! :hugs:

Bing, I'm feeling moody and deflated after the BFN this morning. Feeling like it's never gonna happen, which is ridiculous cos this is only cycle 4 - some couples try for years! My skin has broken out big time! All around my nose as well, which is unusual for me. And one big red spot, deep inside which is so tender! Expecting the temp drop tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->