End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

Good luck Loobs !! I am still another 14 days before expected O'v so I am going to chill for the next week and a bit before operation August infiltration begins.

I am pretty lucky in respect I do the normal 9-5 Mon-Fri office job (boring accountant) and my husband has his own business and works from home so he is always around when I need him. Hes a programmer so a bit of an avid gamer not sure hes to impressed when I disturb his battle field 4 games but Meh !! what can you do !

Finger cross for you to Lit !!

sending lots of baby dust

Emski we have a lot of similarities :) We do the same hours as yourself and your husband, I always say we see A LOT of each other, lunchtime, then all evening from 6 every evening, and two days at weekends. One of my friends and her husband run a business from home so spend all their time together, whereas another friend of mine works opposite hours to her husband and they barely see each other for an hour each day, amazing how couples can have such different schedules and home lives.

I'm pretty much going with the theory this month that it won't happen, might sound negative but at least I'll be very well prepared and not shocked when/if AF shows up.

hehe its nice to have him there means hes always around for deliveries or to get chicken out the freezer because I always nearly forget to get it out in the morning :)

What do you do for work ? and I assume you live in the UK ?

And if you don't mind me asking how come this is your last month ttc this year? please feel free to tell me to mind my own business !! I am taking the same view if it happens it happens I am not expecting it to happen in the second month either again husband seems to be more optimistic that it will I think he thinks he has super sperm or something.

hehe its nice to have him there means hes always around for deliveries or to get chicken out the freezer because I always nearly forget to get it out in the morning :)

What do you do for work ? and I assume you live in the UK ?

And if you don't mind me asking how come this is your last month ttc this year? please feel free to tell me to mind my own business !! I am taking the same view if it happens it happens I am not expecting it to happen in the second month either again husband seems to be more optimistic that it will I think he thinks he has super sperm or something.

I am self employed, nothing too interesting :) No I don't live in the UK, I'm in Ireland.

This is our first (proper) and last month ttc this year because we have a big trip abroad planned early next summer and to conceive after August would mean that I couldn't go, it's a family occasion that I don't want to miss and quite a bit is already booked. If we leave it until December/January I'd still be fine to travel and not miss it. Might sound like a crappy enough reason but time is on our side in terms of ages and stuff and this was a very sudden decision to try in July, I mentioned to hubby the time frame of not missing the trip for anything and that July/August was our only time this year, thought he'd say ok leave it until next year but he said "come on so let's give it a go!". We were too late in July so we said we'd try August but then that's it for now.

We delayed for a few reason's one was we were trying to purchase our house it took a year to go through so we had our offer accept Feb 2013 and did not actually move in until Feb 2014 and we were living with my husband mother so it was no way on god's earth going to happen then.

We also have my husband's sisters wedding in December and we would like to keep it on the low down until after the wedding so we though July would be a good time to start especially if it takes a few months which it no doubt will. Its all very exciting though your trip sounds exciting !

Wow your house move took a while didn't it? My friends took 5 months between offer being accepted and moving and we thought that was crazy slow.

It would be fantastically good timing for us if it happened this month, not only could I go to the family occasion next summer, but it would be an ok time for me work wise (wouldn't affect it too much, whereas later summer would), and I would be able to get to 3-4 months in the time up to Christmas, a time when I am known to lay low because I hate the cold and we have no social occasions, and then by Christmas it would be late enough to tell people why I'm not partying like I normally do! We have a family wedding in October but I could easily dodge not drinking, being self employed and not being able to get the next day off work is a common complaint of mine already :)

So yeah, my brain is being really mature and thinking it won't happen this month, my heart is planning ahead :blush: It's lovely having you girls to talk about it with, I don't want to mention it to any of my friends in real life yet because they'll get over excited and make me more disappointed when it doesn't happen!

Tell me about it we basically had to wait for the people we were buying of to find a house which took them six months ! and then the first house they found fell through and it was a complete nightmare looking back now it was not a good time for us to try for a baby because I was really stressed living with my mother in law she is a lovely woman but being with her for that amount of time really got me down !.

Yea we have been doing the same its oo if we fall pregnant in August you will only be 4 months and probably can get away with hiding any bump and I have offered to take my sister in law to Heathrow Airport the next day so that is my not drinking excuse.

I totally know what you mean its so nice to be able to come on here and speak to other women ttc because everyone tells you not to stress, it will happen when it happens etc buts its actually so hard not to think about it and symptom spot. We have not told any of our friends or family yet because for my husband it will be his mothers first grand child and she has been hinting about wanting to be a grandma all her friends children are having or had kids so I think she feels a bit left out and her husband passed away 2 years ago from cancer so I think having a grandchild would mean a lot to her. My parents its easier as my brother has 2 kids already so they are already grandparents.

Must be lovely to finally be in your new home so.

Actually we wouldn't mention this to anyone in real life more because they would say if it happens it happens, his family are very much the opposite of that. There have been many accidental pregnancies and people having babies very easily, so they are more likely to say "when are you having kids? Get moving!", I'm the one saying "you do realise not everybody can have kids, or indeed wants them?". My family don't care either way if we have them or not, but because of his family's attitude and my general argumentative nature we have now been painted as the ones that won't have kids, purely because I'm always reminding them that it's not for everyone, either in terms of fertility or choice, so at this stage they've forgotten that we haven't actually said we don't want them, just that we're open to whatever happens. So if I did end up pregnant they would be absolutely shocked! I think my parents would actually be a bit disappointed, my father has no interest in children or grandchildren, my mother isn't remotely fussed on having grandchildren, and I'm the only hope of it!

Yea it is nice to be finally settled in our house it was worth the wait as its the house we plan to stay in for the next 20 odd years and bring our family up in :)

My husband has one sister who is older than us but I think she feels she will have difficulty conceiving due to issues in the past and she does not plan to have a baby until after the wedding in December so I think from his side we are the couple who are expected to announce that we are pregnant before his sister. I think it adds another level of stress if you tell family members you are trying to conceive as they all want to give their advice.
Are you an only child ? does it bother you your family are not to bothered about being grandparents ?

Good morning ladies!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread yet but how is everyone doing?

Are you an only child ? does it bother you your family are not to bothered about being grandparents ?

I'm pretty much an only child, I have a sort of sibling who nobody is in contact with...long story :) Nope not bothered at all by them not wanting to be grandparents, I know my mum would be great and I'm used to my dad being the way he is! He thinks I'm great so I know in his own way he'd think any kids of mine were great, he wouldn't be your average doting grandfather but then he wasn't your average doting dad so I wouldn't expect it from him. I prefer this to having pressure to have them like we get from his side.

MnG I'm sitting here eating freshly baked things that I shouldn't be eating (have to test them before giving them to friends don't I?!), wish I could mail them to people on this thread instead and save myself!

Sounds like quite the delicious debacle you're in lol

Enjoy!

yea your more than welcome to send me tasty treats !!.

Not a lot going on other than sitting at work waiting for it to be 5 so I can watch couples come dine with me and speaking to you lovely ladies of course :)

I'm watching it now, still not sure how I feel about it! Other than hungry lol

Lol that woman is so rude !!! I can't be bothered to cook ordered a Indian yum yum

Aww Mgn it will come mine is another 10 - 14 days !! then its the dreaded two week wait

I feel like O day will never get here:sleep:

I know how you feel MnG, that's how I feel right now too! I keep thinking "it is time yet?!?" and then realizing I'm STILL only on CD5. Still have a ways to go! Not that I'm not dtd some in the meantime as well, just seems to take forever to get to the time where it actually counts. I think we're always kind of in a TWW one way or another...first waiting to O, then waiting to POAS! :haha:

I couldn't agree more Turtle!. Each month is a long "hurry up and wait" haha

We passed up a trip with friends to the beach next year because I was hoping to be pregnant by now. I will be sincerely pissed if nothing happens this month either. Granted I'd much rather take a long quiet vaca with hubby but still it makes me feel like I'm always missing something because of TTC.
Anyone else feel this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->