End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

Lithodora - we definitely aren't an every day kinda couple! We are trying every other day then daily from positive OPK, like SMEP. It'll be a struggle!

I also feel like I miss out on some things because of TTC. I meet my girlfriends for a meal about once and month and usually the 4 of us share a bottle of wine. I'm not a big drinker, infact that's about all I drink. I'm running out of excuses! Also, the same group of girls want to plan a trip to Alton Towers (theme park for anyone who isn't sure) and obviously I couldn't go on anything if we go in the TWW or if I'm pregnant. I think they are going to go without me :( x

I'm not a big drinker either and usually pass them up so I don't think I'll have a hard time tricking anyone. However those times where it's out with friends for hours or dinner out I'll usually just use the standby "I'm on antibiotics" :shhh: ;)

I couldn't agree more Turtle!. Each month is a long "hurry up and wait" haha

We passed up a trip with friends to the beach next year because I was hoping to be pregnant by now. I will be sincerely pissed if nothing happens this month either. Granted I'd much rather take a long quiet vaca with hubby but still it makes me feel like I'm always missing something because of TTC.
Anyone else feel this way?

Yes! DH and I are really into craft beers, brewing, etc. It seems there's always some sort of beer festival, tasting, etc going on. I have a friend who is the same as us and is starting to try as well, and she was saying the same thing. Some new festival or tasting or something comes up and she thinks "Oh, I'll start trying after that!"...finally she just decided that there's always going to be SOMETHING, and if she keeps putting it off for this or that, she'll never start. I hear about some new fun thing and I think "Oh we should totally do that!!!...Oh never mind, I'll probably (hopefully!) be pregnant by then." I'm sure that makes me sound like an alcoholic or something, I swear that's not the case!

I couldn't agree more Turtle!. Each month is a long "hurry up and wait" haha

We passed up a trip with friends to the beach next year because I was hoping to be pregnant by now. I will be sincerely pissed if nothing happens this month either. Granted I'd much rather take a long quiet vaca with hubby but still it makes me feel like I'm always missing something because of TTC.
Anyone else feel this way?

Yes! DH and I are really into craft beers, brewing, etc. It seems there's always some sort of beer festival, tasting, etc going on. I have a friend who is the same as us and is starting to try as well, and she was saying the same thing. Some new festival or tasting or something comes up and she thinks "Oh, I'll start trying after that!"...finally she just decided that there's always going to be SOMETHING, and if she keeps putting it off for this or that, she'll never start. I hear about some new fun thing and I think "Oh we should totally do that!!!...Oh never mind, I'll probably (hopefully!) be pregnant by then." I'm sure that makes me sound like an alcoholic or something, I swear that's not the case!

Haha! Don't worry you don't sound like that at all! We also love going to fests. There's Octoberfest and wing fest coming up shortly and if that darned BFP comes I know I'll be missing those :cry: We had a wine fest last month I had to skip on.. Such a tragedy lol
Hopefully all this skipping leads to a good cause!

When we were trying for Caleb I constantly missed out on stuff thinking "well I'll probably be preggers then" and then I wasn't. It was so frustrating. This time I'm not missing out on anything. If I end up pregnant then I'll work it out then. It was a tough lesson to learn because it took us over two years to get the BFP. When I think back on all I missed out on. Grrrr. I'm especially pissed I missed my cousins wedding in Las Vegas. Not happening this time around

Haha, glad I'm not the only one, and that I'm not coming across as an alcoholic! :) I sure hope it does too...I don't mind skipping if I get a baby out of the deal, but it will be really frustrating to skip all this fun stuff for no reason at all. I think being older and just trying for our first, I've gotten used to being able to have more freedom and partake a little more than some of my other friends that started their families younger!

When we were trying for Caleb I constantly missed out on stuff thinking "well I'll probably be preggers then" and then I wasn't. It was so frustrating. This time I'm not missing out on anything. If I end up pregnant then I'll work it out then. It was a tough lesson to learn because it took us over two years to get the BFP. When I think back on all I missed out on. Grrrr. I'm especially pissed I missed my cousins wedding in Las Vegas. Not happening this time around

Megan, that makes sense and is good advice! I guess really the only things I'm doing that with right now are the alcohol events that cost money...I don't want to drop a bunch of money on something like that and then not be able to participate in them, when that's what the whole thing is. At least with some other things, you might miss out on some aspects of it if you choose to go and you end up being pregnant, but not the whole purpose of the event itself.

Megan, that makes sense and is good advice! I guess really the only things I'm doing that with right now are the alcohol events that cost money...I don't want to drop a bunch of money on something like that and then not be able to participate in them, when that's what the whole thing is. At least with some other things, you might miss out on some aspects of it if you choose to go and you end up being pregnant, but not the whole purpose of the event itself.

I didn't mean to come off preachy. Lol. I totally get the not drinking thing sucks sometimes. We have a local festival here in November that we go to every year. I've had to be the designated driver for the past 4years. Totally sucks!! I've already told DH that I'm enjoying my beer this year no matter what (except a BFP of course) lol.

I wouldn't miss out on things because of ttc, I'd hate that. Regardless of if I get pregnant or not I'm going on holidays with a cousin in a few months time, and I will drink my odd glasses of wine until I know I'm pregnant, I would still do all my normal things in tww. At that stage there is no connection like a placenta between the baby and the mother so it wouldn't bother me. Tbh I'd still go to a theme park in tww too, I don't see that it would affect anything, maybe I'm the odd one out. I would kick myself if I looked back and thought I had missed things, and I would only get myself stressed if I knew I was missing things. The first thing my husband said when we discussed ttc was "but what about your holiday with your cousin?", I was like "eh I'm going regardless and will have a ball!".

I personally also wouldn't like to decline going to a future event in case I was pregnant, I could always cancel but I wouldn't like to possibly get pregnant, then miscarry etc and be able to mark off in my head "I should've been X weeks by now". Or to get my hopes up that I might be pregnant by that date, only to then be keenly aware that I wasn't when it came and I wasn't going to it because of a "just in case". I have a close friend who wanted to get pregnant immediately after her wedding, and is constantly checking off markers like "I thought I'd be pregnant by Christmas/my birthday/our anniversary" and it makes it so much harder for her. Might sound a bit morbid but a close relative lost a baby at 6.5 months pregnant so I'm very aware that these things happen, so I wouldn't want to be presumptuous and plan ahead. Most "normal" people do plan ahead with excitement etc, that's the way it should be, just due to a few bereavements in our family we never plan anything very far ahead if we can help it.

Lith, I get what you're saying with not missing out but in my case( for example) it's not till next year and $ involved. Plus since it's a beach house so it's not like we can say yes now and then back out if a BFP comes up. I wouldn't want to be 7 or 8 months pregnant in the hot, sticky sun. If we did conceive now the baby would be 1 month old on the trip and, maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't travel with a newborn.

My motto was "drink till its pink" (before) but I don't want to chance anything being on Clomid now....unless it's half a glass of wine at dinner. I gotta have my mojito wine. Yum!

Oh yeah MnG I totally agree on big engagements like that, where people need numbers long in advance or money is required. I meant more like day to day, week to week things. I wouldn't miss nights out, or festivals, or small trips in the next 1-6 months because of ttc. I wouldn't give up smaller social outings if possible.

Got a good excuse to not drink before announcing a BFP that your can share lol

I often don't drink to drive home or just because I don't want to so nobody ever questions when I don't drink :)

If only that worked with my lush friends haha
I'll have to come up with something sneaky

I got two lines!! I am in total shock. And petrified. The test line is so light and I'm already 19dpo. That's bad isn't it? And I've been sort-of spotting since 12 dpo. This is my first positive test - even the fmu on Wed was negative. My other terror is my beautiful, gorgeous daughter has down syndrome - it went undetected in my preg. My husband wouldn't cope with another experience like that (even though she is his absolute treasure). I can't believe I'm preg!!!

Congrats !!

I am sure the faint line does not mean anything which test did you use ??

Congrats! I know nothing about tests so I won't comment on faintness of line etc, but yay!

testing around 14th august :) hoping for a BFP as i have 50 day cycles so will be ages to wait until next one

To be honest, the whole drinking thing isn't just about me TTC. It messes with my skin which is already pretty bad. Theme park wise, the date they are looking at going is at the end of August, by which time I'll have AF or a BFP.

I am not a big drinker so I can pretty much get away with not drinking without any questions being asked and if we are going out I tend to be the one who drives so again I use that as my excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->