End of February Testing Thread - Welcome back January Testers and welcome new comers!

So I have had a horrible evening. My stepmom called (she's like my mom, we are so close) and told me she has breast cancer. Has to do the whole thing - surgery, chemo, radiation. But the outlook is good so if any of you believe in positive vibes, please send them our way because negative energy definitely won't help.

Jury, my bad, JULIE, I use preseed but I only use 1gram, not the 4 grams like it suggests. Sometimes we use it in bed too. This month I also put it in the softcup before I put it in. Which, you should look into since your "supply" is limited

Oh hunny I am so sorry to hear that. Sending many positive vibes your way! If it helps, my Auntie went through that whole ordeal too in 2010 and it was the worst year of her life but she made it through and has had a clean bill of health for almost 2 years now, she's doing fantastic. It's going to be tough but she'll make it through! :hugs:

I'm sending so many positive vibes your way too hun <3 :hugs:

AFM, Idk. Last night I had a point of maybe two minutes where it felt like AF cramps... then it went away :shrug: other than that i've literally been having like NO symptoms at all... idk I guess we'll see! Either the wicked :witch: is gonna show here in a day or two or hopefully i'll be getting my BFP over the weekend!!! We'll see!!! :)

Thanks Kyla. I'm confident everything will be ok. I'm glad your aunt did so well.

Do you ladies think it is bad to use a hot pack on my low back during the tww? I woke up with a backache that's only gotten worse. Also having a lot of pressure and cramping in my lower pelvic area...

luckily, i'm not scared of needles at all! i'm just excited!

I'm horrified of needles. But not when it comes to piercings or tattoos... just like.. in my veins needles :/ that's why I want to have home births... just the idea of an IV in my arm FREAKS me out, let alone a giant needle going into my spine :wacko:

I want to have a home birth too! Not so much because of the needles, but I hate being numb or not having feeling. Plus I'm not a fan of hospital regulations dictating my entire labor experience. If I end up in a hospital, I'll roll with it, but I hope I can deliver in the comfort of my own home.

I agree. Needles are a big part of it for me, but I don't want a nurse putting a paci in my babies mouth, or dictating anything about my labor and trying to force intervention on me. I'd also love to just be at home automatically and not have to be in the hospital a day or two before releasing me. It just seems so much more comfy and a better experience overall. Luckily we're literally a minutes drive from the hospital so if something happened to go wrong we could get there ASAP.

Nope can't say i watch that one- my guilty trash TV indulgence is MTV's Teen Mom... don't judge, it's a train wreck and i can't look away! LOL

Me too! Like the one with twins that just got pregnant again, on purpose with a guy she'd been with for about 2 or 3 months? Yeah, what the hell?! lol

AND she's still in love with her ex. Took out her IUD :dohh: not very smart at all.

I completely agree. I love the idea of being home. Plus I love how midwives seem to take such good care of women. I just love everything about it.

And Leah, wow. Like 2 weeks before that she was confused about loving Cory still? Yeah, not the smartest thing ever. Can't wait to see what the next episode has in store! lol

So I have had a horrible evening. My stepmom called (she's like my mom, we are so close) and told me she has breast cancer. Has to do the whole thing - surgery, chemo, radiation. But the outlook is good so if any of you believe in positive vibes, please send them our way because negative energy definitely won't help.

Jury, my bad, JULIE, I use preseed but I only use 1gram, not the 4 grams like it suggests. Sometimes we use it in bed too. This month I also put it in the softcup before I put it in. Which, you should look into since your "supply" is limited

I'm so sorry to hear that... :hugs: I can't even imagine how hard that must be to hear. My cousin was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 2 and that was super hard. She's 11 now and has been cancer free for several years. It will be a long hard journey, but I hope it all turns out ok for her :)

I will try out the preseed for sure. I don't have tons of EWCM, so I think it might help. I'm scared to use the softcup. Last time we kept my hips elevated and it didn't seem to be too much of a problem. If I don't get prego this time, I will consider it for next month. Thanks for the advice!

Ohhh I love the talk about no needles during labor.... wait for it ladies... it may not seem so bad when the time comes. LOL. No by all means, I think you gals that want to do your birth without intervention or drugs (which I hear is a real problem in the states, apparently it's C-sections run rampid?) are stronger women than I and good on ya! My first epidural which was a full on spinal tap, numb from the waist down went good. My second which I guess now a days they only numb around the abdomen because I was able to walk right afterwards didn't go so well! Had a student... who botched it, it didn't work then the on call doc for anastesiolgy (I have no clue how you spell that) came in a fixed it for me which was lovely. I still had quite a bit of feeling down south, obviously not as much as one would have without any meds but I gotta say it still hurt like hell. And as we discussed this morning, I am not a fan of needles but i'll tell ya in that moment, it seemed worth it!

Lol, yeah we have A LOT of c-sections in this country. I totally understand why women want epidurals and I definitely support whatever method women choose. I think you should do what makes you comfortable. I just forsee myself hating the hospital experience and hating being numb. Plus, my luck I won't be able to walk and/or I'll get a horrible migraine. It probably sounds stupid, but I would like to feel the pain. I want to know what's happening in my body! lol

My heart and prayers are with you!!

i LOVE softcups - dont be scared, come to the "dark side" ;)

So a question. I know you all have thought about it.

You can ignore if you want....what baby names have you all come up with to name your monster to be?

I can start...
For a boy: Wyatt Alex
For a girl: Mila (mee-lah) Alice

Both middle names are for my grandpa Alex and dh grandma Alice that passes in 2011 and 2012.

alexander julian. julianna alexander. some mix or match of those. hehe, monster.

Oh gosh, I have a giant list of baby names that I love. DF doesn't really approve of any of them! Lol! Here's just a few. Girl: Gemma, Lyra, Willow, Fallon. Boy: Archer, Rowan, Silus, Luca.

First daughters middle name will be Lynn, same as myself and my mom.

First sons middle name will be Ricky after my DF's dad who passed when he was 3.

I want to have like 5 kids so we have lots of names to pick hehe.

Awesome names! I know a fallon...and love her and her name!

So just some catching up: Rachel: So sorry about your step mom. My aunt is going through the same thing right now. It is a scary time...

Julie and Cassidy: I had a hospital birth and it was completely natural. I just had midwives with me the whole time, and no one even mentioned an epidural when I said I wanted no medicine. They were wonderful to me. The actual doctor was there for about 15 minutes to deliver Daniel, but that was it. Everything went normal: Except when I wouldn't stop bleeding. They had to give me pitocin ASAP so my uterus would clamp down and stop bleeding. There was nothing alarming at all about my labour. Water broke at home at 38.5 weeks, delivered him in about 6 hours, medicine free, I had a tear "down there" that needed stitches, and he was 6 pounds even, 18.5 inches (little guy). There was no reason to believe I was at risk for a bleed like that. Also, I had to be given IV antibiotics because I tested positive for Strep-b, which is a bacteria that lives in the vaginas of health women that can cause respiratory infections in newborns and blindness. So I guess my point is, hospitals might seem scary and intimidating, but you never know what can happen. A homebirth can be wonderful, but seems way too scary for me, and especially since the cost could be the life of my baby or myself.
Also, the hospital was completely pro-breastfeeding. They didn't even keep pacifiers on hand, and only used formula as a last resort. Also had free lactation consultants on hand for whenever you need one, even after I went home. There are a lot of stereotypes about hospitals births right now, but it is possible to have a fulfilling birth experience even in a hospital.

So a question. I know you all have thought about it.

You can ignore if you want....what baby names have you all come up with to name your monster to be?

My name are:
Ramona for a girl (my dad's name is Raymond and my middle name is Rae), and I like Ariel.
For boys I like Luca, Lorenzo, Gabriel, and Santino. Going with my Italian heritage this time!

Oh, one more thing. From the time they find out your are pregnant, you will be poked and stuck with more needles than you ever cared for. Your first appointment they take like 8 viles. No joke. And labour hurts. Badly. Prepare mentally for something you never saw coming! BUT I believe anyone has the ability to go natural, but not everyone needs to.

Ladies! Jeeeees you gals can talk!! I have been giggling away catching up with the convo!

Well...... I haven't got a dicky bird about teen mom being a Brit (although I think we do have it over here) Big Bang theory on the other hand is my guilty pleasure, I feel such a geek watching it but LOVE it!

Now labour.....my birth plan was no pain relief, no c-section and calming music to guide me through it.....hmmmm how wrong was I?!! All I would say is to be open minded and go with the flow. I ended up having every pain relief going and then things went all wrong and i ended up with a crash c-section. Getting pregnant is the best way to cure any fears of injections as you have that many by the time you give birth your like a pin cushion.

I have had a tough few days, violently sick all through the night, no sleep and then up all day with my 2 year old. Eugh! Thankfully last night I had a great sleep and now feeling lots better.

Oooh nice one Alissa with all the names! Well done remembering all of those! I am pants with names.

So are most of you in the TWW now??

Sorry to see the witch got you Clynn, here's to March testing for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->